Media Quietly Reports on Kansas City Mass Shooting - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
There was a mass shooting that happened early Sunday morning and for once the anti-second amendment extremist media doesn't seem to care much about it.

I haven't seen the wall to wall hysterical coverage that they gave to the El Paso shooting. I haven't seen any presidential candidates like Frances O'Rourke come out and express sympathy for the victims; two of which happened to be Mexican nationals. I haven't seen any of the typical broadcasts showing flowers set up outside of the bar where the shooting occurred and no interviews with crying victims or witnesses.

I wonder why that is.

Kansas City, Kansas police have identified two suspects in an early morning shooting Sunday that killed four people and injured five others.

KCK police responded to the shooting just before 1:30 a.m. at the Tequila KC Bar near 10th and Central. Police found four people dead inside the business and five outside with injuries all due to gunshots. The five injured are reported to be in stable condition.

Suspect Javier Alatorre was arrested near 26th and Quincy in Kansas City, Missouri on Sunday.

Suspect Hugo Villanueva-Morales is still wanted by police.

It’s not publicly known if Villanueva-Morales traveled outside the KCK area. Joplin-Pittsburg is approximately two hours south of where the mass shooting occurred.

Both have been charged with four counts of first degree murder. Preliminary investigation reveals that an earlier dispute occurred inside the bar which lead to the shooting. The suspects were armed with handguns and fled the scene, according to police.

Anyone with information is asked to call the KCK TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS (8477).

Slowly, but still quietly, the vigils and interviews from witnesses are starting to come out. Still nothing like the El Paso shooting, which the media absolutely loved.

You can't help but wonder whether or not shooting suspects Javier Alatorre and Hugo Villanueva-Morales are in this country legally or if they are undocumented immigrants.

Survivor of deadly Kansas bar shooting recalls "bodies dropping" and "bone-chilling" screams

A manhunt is intensifying in Kansas for one of two suspects in a deadly shooting at a crowded bar early Sunday morning. Police say Hugo Villanueva-Morales is armed and dangerous.

They announced overnight the arrest of the second suspect, Javier Alatorre. They're accused of killing four people and wounding five others early Sunday morning inside the Tequila KC Bar in Kansas City, Kansas.

Dozens were at the community watering hole for a typical Saturday night out when the scene suddenly turned deadly.

"When it hit me, it felt like I got hit by a damn bus," said shooting victim Michael Barajas.

Barajas was among the five people injured, a bullet still lodged in his shoulder, after police say two gunmen started shooting just a half-hour before closing time Sunday morning, killing four men.

"I was there with my cousin," Barajas told CBS News lead national correspondent David Begnaud. "I just heard about, like, four shots. When I turned over to the right, I just seen the arm swing up and see a flash. And I'd seen it point straight at me, and I tried to kind of turn, but there was no getting out of the way. It hit me.

"It ended up going into my back, hitting my shoulder blade, and fracturing my shoulder blade."

Police say the first suspect got into an argument earlier that evening. The bartender told him to leave.

"Right then and there, he picked up a cup that was right there and threw it at me," said bartender Jose Valdez.

He returned hours later with an accomplice, both armed with handguns. "He just walked in and looked for who he was looking for, and then just started shooting," said Valdez.

For many attending a vigil for the victims Sunday evening, the emotions were still raw.

One vigil-goer said, "One of the guys that died I was playing pool with."

Barajas said the small bar was packed with about 40 people inside.

When asked to describe his experience, Barajas said it was "horrifying. The screams afterwards, just, they're bone-chilling. Seeing bodies drop, and you know, it's something you usually watch in the movies, you're seeing [it] in real life."

The bar usually has a security guard on Saturday nights, but this weekend he failed to show up. Images form the bar's security cameras helped identify the suspects.

The four people killed were Hispanic, two of them Mexican nationals, but police do not believe the shooting was racially-motivated.
maz wrote:There was a mass shooting that happened early Sunday morning and for once the anti-second amendment extremist media doesn't seem to care much about it.

I haven't seen the wall to wall hysterical coverage that they gave to the El Paso shooting. I haven't seen any presidential candidates like Frances O'Rourke come out and express sympathy for the victims; two of which happened to be Mexican nationals. I haven't seen any of the typical broadcasts showing flowers set up outside of the bar where the shooting occurred and no interviews with crying victims or witnesses.

I wonder why that is.

I guess George Soros drops off little envelopes of cash to keep things quiet when he doesn't want it known that Mexican gangs running around the US are responsible for mass shootings.
Just so we are clear about what the media is reporting and has refused to report:

1. Apparently a real mass should occurred and four people were killed.
2. Two of the victims were Mexican nationals; probably illegal immigrants
3. One of the shooters is still on the run as of today
4. The last update on this incident was early today
5. The suspects appear to be gang members and it is not known if they are in the country legally.
6. Many Twitter users are tweeting about this but there are very few replies to their tweets
7. Politicians where tweeting about this incident but have stopped
8. Maybe I am missing something but what the f is going on here?!?
I never thought I'd see a mass shooting that Anderson Cooper, Beto O'Rourke and the rest of the anti-2nd amendment extremist astroturf groups on social media didn't love. Beto O'Rourke and Chuck Schumer both tried to whip up some hysteria and send people on Twitter into a panic about mass shootings until the Kansas City police released photos of the suspects.

Then they no longer had anything to say about the matter. This story is actually being widely reported on, because there is still an ongoing manhunt for one of the shoots who is still currently on the run.

Think about it, a dangerous felon is on the run and this story is getting very little traction. I am following the developments on Twitter and lots of people both liberal and conservative are tweeting about it, but their posts aren't getting many replies or retweets. It's like Twitter is intentionally supressing the story from gaining any traction.

Since then a bunch of disturbing information has come out.

KCK mass shooting suspect released from jail last month over objections of prosecutors

A suspect in the Kansas City, Kansas, mass shooting that killed four people and injured five others early Sunday had recently been released from jail in Missouri over the objections of prosecutors, according to court documents.

Javier A. Alatorre, 23, has three pending felony criminal cases in Jackson County related to drugs, fleeing from police and tampering with a motor vehicle. He also had served a brief stint in a Kansas prison for attempting to flee

from police by driving recklessly.

Last month, Alatorre sought to get his bond reduced so that he could get out of jail. The prosecutor objected to his request, saying that Alatorre was a flight risk and danger to the community.

“The defendant has repeatedly shown this Court that if released there is no guarantee that he will appear for his next scheduled hearing,” the prosecutor argued in a court filing.

“Specifically, the defendant’s bond has been revoked on two separate occasions for failing to appear at scheduled Court hearings.”

The prosecutor said that in two out of the three cases, Alatorre resisted arrest by fleeing from police. In one case, Alatorre allegedly “drove at speeds in excess of 100 mph while refusing to adhere to traffic signals.”

“The defendant has shown by his actions that he poses a significant risk to the community,” the prosecutor argued. “During either of the car chases, innocent bystanders could have been hurt and/or killed due to the defendant’s reckless behavior.”

Prosecutors said Alatorre has committed new crimes while out on bond and that pending cases and bond conditions had no effect on the defendant’s actions.

Despite the objections, a judge granted Alatorre’s request and set his bond at $3,500 — without paying anything at all.

Then the judge released Alatorre on his on own recognizance.

It's interesting that the article doesn't name the judge and explain why he/she put this criminal back on the streets.

The police were called to the bar before the shooting but only spent six minutes there. Maybe they had to hurry back to the theater to make sure that there wasn't an incel shooting at the movie theater where the Joker was playing?

‘I feared for my life’: Bartender wishes KCK police did more before mass shooting

Kansas City, Kansas, police spent about six minutes at the Tequila KC bar Saturday night when the owner called about an unruly customer who had gotten into a fight, a witness said. The officers didn’t find the troublemaker at the bar, and they left.

Two hours later, the customer returned with an accomplice and allegedly carried out a mass shooting that left four dead and five wounded, according to police.

Speaking to The Star on Tuesday, Valdez said the police visit early in the evening was typical. But, in this case, he felt more should have been done to protect those inside the bar.

However, disturbance calls at bars where suspects threaten to return are common, said Capt. Tim Hernandez, a spokesman for the Kansas City, Missouri, Police Department across the state line from where the shooting happened. He said he couldn’t speak to how Kansas City, Kansas, operates. But in Kansas City, it’s a case-by-case judgment call as to how officers should respond.

The shooting

It all began about 11 p.m. Saturday when one of the alleged shooters, Hugo Villanueva-Morales, came into the bar acting belligerent and demanded a beer, Valdez said. This wasn’t the first time Villanueva-Morales had done this, Valdez said. As he had in the past, the bartender refused to serve him.

“He told me to give him a f---ing beer right now,” Valdez said.

Villanueva-Morales then picked up cups and bottles and threw them at him, Valdez said. Then he tried to come behind the bar. Customers stopped him and took him outside, according to witnesses.

As he was leaving, Valdez said, Villanueva-Morales told him he would be back.

Outside, Villanueva-Morales got into a fight, Valdez said. Valdez called police and waited. The bar’s owner, he said, had already called police minutes before.

By the time police arrived, Valdez said, the fight had ended and Villanueva-Morales had left. The owner spoke to police and Valdez gave an officer a thumbs up to say he was fine.After about six minutes, the officers left, Valdez said. He said the disturbance was treated like any other bar fight.

When Villanueva-Morales and Javier Alatorre, 29, entered the bar later, they opened fire with handguns, according to police. Each now face four counts of first-degree murder. Alatorre is in custody. Villanueva-Morales remained at large as of Tuesday evening.

The slain victims were identified as Everardo Meza, 29, Alfredo Calderon Jr, 29, Francisco Garcia Anaya, 34, and Martin Rodriguez-Gonzalez, 58. The Star was unable to reach the bar’s owner for comment.

Judgement call

At a news conference Monday, Kansas City, Kansas, interim police chief Michael York confirmed that police had visited the bar earlier in the night. But he didn’t provide any details about how police assessed the risk posed by Villanueva-Morales.

“I don’t believe we had any information that he was going to come back and do what he did,” York said.

The Kansas City, Kansas, Police Department on Tuesday declined to provide further details about their response to the disturbance call, citing the ongoing investigation. Valdez, however, said he believed things were going to get worse. Villanueva-Morales promised to return, he said.

“I feared for my life,” Valdez said. “He had the chance to shoot me right then and there.”

The bar usually has an armed security guard at the door, Valdez said. But that person didn’t show up Saturday night. Valdez believed an officer should have stayed at the door while the bar was still open. Or, he said, the bar should have closed down.

“I thought we should just close and get everybody out of here” he said.

The other bartender that night didn’t think much of the incident, Valdez said, and told him they should hold to their normal 1 a.m. last call, Valdez said.

“At one o’clock, he walked in the door,” Valdez said.

Toni Maciel, who knew seven of the nine people shot during the rampage, said she believed it would have helped if officers remained in the bar’s parking lot after the fight. Hernandez, the Kansas City police spokesman, said people often threaten to come back to a bar after they have been kicked out.

Officers depend on cooperation from witnesses and workers to determine the credibility of a threat. Officers consider level of aggressiveness, the threats made and actions while the person was in the bar, Hernandez said.

“Unless we have solid credible evidence that the party is going to return, we cannot force the individual to close the establishment,” Hernandez said.

If they feel a threat is credible but can’t close the bar, Hernandez said, officers can attempt to provide extra patrol in an area or conduct a residence check for the suspect.

Villanueva-Morales had previously been arrested in an incident that began in similar fashion.

In August, after another man was thrown out of a bar in the 2800 block of Southwest Boulevard for unruly behavior, he returned to the bar with Villanueva-Morale, who allegedly acted aggressively, according to court documents.

A Jackson County deputy told Villanueva-Morales to leave. He then allegedly made a fist and moved into a striking position before getting into an altercation with the deputy, authorities said. At the end of the fight, Villanueva-Morales allegedly spit blood into the deputy’s face.

He was arrested and charged with third-degree assault and released on bond the next day.

Strangely, the anti-2nd amendment extremist lobby is actually out there trying to put out the talking point that red flag laws would have stopped this shooting.

Would a red flag law have prevented mass shooting at KCK bar?

Neither of the suspects in this weekend’s mass shooting in a Kansas City, Kansas, bar should have had a gun at all.

Before four people were killed and five were injured at Tequila KC, both 23-year-old Javier Alatorre and 29-year-old Hugo Villanueva-Morales already had serious charges pending against them in Jackson County. Both were out on bail, and in theory barred from possessing any firearm as a condition of bond.

But red flag laws, also known as extreme risk protection orders, do more than make it illegal for certain people to own a gun. They go further, and make it possible to get a judge’s order to temporarily take guns away from people who are considered an imminent threat. They can take firearms out of the hands of those with a history of domestic abuse that’s a common denominator for so many mass shooters. Alatorre has such a history.

If we could do that — and we can — why wouldn’t we? Would we really rather continue arguing about mental health funding that never seems to materialize versus other gun laws that don’t happen either? Apparently, yes.

The NRA and a number of Kansas Republicans don’t like red flag laws on a number of grounds — most of them summed up in a recent American Spectator piece headlined, “Red Flag Laws are Lethal Leftist Weapons.”

On Oct. 1, three dozen Republican lawmakers in Kansas sent President Donald Trump a letter begging him not to support red flag laws. He mentioned such legislation approvingly after mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio. “We must make sure that those judged to pose a grave risk to public safety do not have access to firearms,” the president said then. Who could argue?

You know the answer. Kansas Republicans said in their letter that such laws make us less safe, erode our rights and “could be abused and used to target competent, law abiding citizens.”

One of those who signed the letter, state Sen. Richard Hilderbrand, said this weekend’s shooting hadn’t changed anything for him because “Kansas already has a law that says it is illegal to own or possess a firearm if you have been convicted of domestic violence. There is nothing in that law that says that law enforcement can’t enforce it. The question should be: Why aren’t our current laws being enforced?”

No, the question should be why we still aren’t taking domestic violence seriously enough. And why won’t we take the action necessary against someone a judge finds to be an imminent risk to himself or others? Red-flag laws are especially effective in preventing suicide.

Villanueva-Morales had been charged with assaulting a law enforcement officer during a bar fight. Alatorre had at least two protective orders taken out against him in 2017 by a woman and their then-infant child. Jackson County prosecutors unsuccessfully petitioned just last month to have a higher bond set for Alatorre, who, though a proven flight risk, was nevertheless released on his own recognizance.
maz wrote:It's interesting that the article doesn't name the judge and explain why he/she put this criminal back on the streets.

That actually suggests deep state involvement. Sonofnewo blew the lid of the FBI's involvement in the Charlottesville, VA situation, and he was effectively silenced as well. In this case, you could chalk the media coordination up to anti-Trump sentiment, but a judge letting a shooter out without posting bail suggests they are FBI or CIA affiliated. The only other explanation is MS-13 has already paid off the police and judges, but that doesn't explain the media silence.

maz wrote:The police were called to the bar before the shooting but only spent six minutes there. Maybe they had to hurry back to the theater to make sure that there wasn't an incel shooting at the movie theater where the Joker was playing?

Again, it suggests deep state involvement.

Armenia is joining the sanctions against the Russi[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Why would you Americans care? People (not just[…]

Claims that mainstream economics is changing rad[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]