Fox poll has a majority favoring impeachment AND removal from office - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
When that happened to Nixon, he cut a deal and was gone a couple weeks later. Of course, his IQ was almost twice the IQ of what Trump has now.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Republicans are starting to move away from Trump, it's not obvious right now, but it will get real obvious soon.

Trump does amazing things. Terrible things, but still amazing, like slipping a knife into the back of our Kurd allies. What makes it amazing is that the revulsion covers most of the political spectrum, from Noam Chomsky to Lindsey Graham.

Over a year ago, former Watergate prosecutors were saying there was enough in the public domain to impeach. Dems are starting to say they've had enough, and that they are thinking about adding Trump's stonewalling Congress to the bills of impeachment. IOW, they switch up from Inquiry to actual impeachment.

Of course, if Trump goes we get the Koch puppet Pence. But he would be a lame duck from Day One. Not that it matters, the damage is horrific and widespread. Whoever becomes president will be too busy fixing what Trump has trashed to do much else.

Which assumes they actually want to do the work of being president. Which means a Dem, of course.
A Fox Poll. I guess this will be hard for the Trump cultists to dismiss this as "Fake News". :D

Fox News Poll: Record support for Trump impeachment
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-ne ... mpeachment

Trump should be immediately impeached and sacked.
Godstud wrote:A Fox Poll. I guess this will be hard for the Trump cultists to dismiss this as "Fake News". :D

Fox News Poll: Record support for Trump impeachment
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-ne ... mpeachment

Trump should be immediately impeached and sacked.

I want to see the Democrats impeach him.

Although, as they're not going for a vote on the matter, they can do it all themselves. The White House should not, in any way, cooperate unless Pelosi puts the inquiry to a vote.

They'll impeach him, to be sure. But it will be the most gross abuse of power this country will have ever seen.

He will not be removed from office...
BigSteve wrote:They'll impeach him, to be sure. But it will be the most gross abuse of power this country will have ever seen.
Trump is the most gross abuser of power that your country has ever seen.

He should be impeached and removed from power.
Richard Nixon was America's greatest President since Lincoln. I wonder if Republicans have learnt the lessons of their abandonment of Nixon. What did they reap for their political cowardice. They seemed to imagine that the Democrats would play fair and abandon their own in comparable circumstances.
Beren wrote:
He should be removed from power by the people, not Congress or anyone else. His impeachment is not real anyway, it's just theatre.

He should have been impeached over a year ago.

Nixon also looked untouchable, but when the cookie started to crumble, it fell apart fast.

And Trump's cookie has started to crumble..
A Democrat President could probably gang rape a whole class of School girls before the Democratic Establishment would abandon him. Moral integrity don't count for shit in the American Democrat Party, if you doubt this ask poor old Kirsten Gillibrand, who made the mistake of thinking it did.

I'm not suggesting that Republicans should defend every action or word of Trump, no not at all, his call for aid from the Red Fascist government of China was an absolute disgrace. But impeaching Trump is ridiculous and any Republican who gives a smidgen of legitimacy to such a notion is both a traitor and a fool. No the Senate should be launching a full scale investigation into Joe Biden and his family.
Godstud wrote:Congress represents the people, as they are elected BY the people.

They're still not the people themselves, however, and the president is also elected by the people. They shouldn't remove him from power even if they could, let the people themselves do so.

late wrote:He should have been impeached over a year ago.

Nixon also looked untouchable, but when the cookie started to crumble, it fell apart fast.

And Trump's cookie has started to crumble..

However, Trump's still nothing like Nixon actually. In my opinion Nixon really threatened American constitutional order and had to be clamped down on spectacularly, while Trump's just a clown playing dirty as usual.
Beren wrote:
However, Trump's still nothing like Nixon actually. In my opinion Nixon really threatened American constitutional order and had to be clamped down on spectacularly, while Trump's just a clown playing dirty as usual.

Actually, Trump is dramatically worse, and obviously so. Nixon complied with court orders, Trump often ignores them. A recent ruling by a judge had a part that was aimed at Trump, because the judge didn't feel he could be trusted.
late wrote:Actually, Trump is dramatically worse, and obviously so. Nixon complied with court orders, Trump often ignores them. A recent ruling by a judge had a part that was aimed at Trump, because the judge didn't feel he could be trusted.

It's not Trump that is dramatically worse than Nixon, he's a lightweight relative to Nixon, it's the constitutional order that is weaker than it was in Nixon's time, hence Trump.
Beren wrote:
It's not Trump that is dramatically worse than Nixon, he's a lightweight relative to Nixon, it's the constitutional order that is weaker than it was in Nixon's time, hence Trump.

Nixon didn't violate the Emolument Clause, he is doing massive amounts of under the table lining of his pockets (and for his family) he didn't wind up in the pocket of a foreign power, he wasn't a sexual predator, he didn't abandon our allies and deep throat our enemies.

That's just off the top of my head. I'd need to make it book length to do justice to all the ways he's worse.
I read that the poll oversampled Democrats by almost 20%. If we adjust for that, it would have read that support for impeachment was more or less where it was as of a couple weeks ago.

What I wondered when I read all that was this: why would Fox publish a poll that oversampled Democrats? One possible interpretation is that they want the left to keep this going.
Hong Wu wrote:
I read that the poll oversampled Democrats by almost 20%. If we adjust for that, it would have read that support for impeachment was more or less where it was as of a couple weeks ago.

What I wondered when I read all that was this: why would Fox publish a poll that oversampled Democrats? One possible interpretation is that they want the left to keep this going.

I was waiting for someone to show up with the daily propaganda.

C'mon, tell us where you got that.
late wrote:I was waiting for someone to show up with the daily propaganda.

C'mon, tell us where you got that.

You don't seem to understand how things work around here yet. All I'm doing is reposting stuff from /r/the_donald though.

Page 14 of the poll:

Voter registration levels:
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... percentage
late wrote:Nixon didn't violate the Emolument Clause, he is doing massive amounts of under the table lining of his pockets (and for his family) he didn't wind up in the pocket of a foreign power, he wasn't a sexual predator, he didn't abandon our allies and deep throat our enemies.

That's just off the top of my head. I'd need to make it book length to do justice to all the ways he's worse.

Well, Watergate plus what Nixon did in Vietnam was much worse than all what Trump has done so far. However, my point exactly is that Trump's just a corrupt clown playing president while Nixon was a real gangster and war criminal challenging the US constitutional order, which is still worse than a corrupt clown even if he appears to be more distasteful.
Beren wrote:
Well, Watergate plus what Nixon did in Vietnam was much worse than all what Trump has done so far. However, my point exactly is that Trump's just a corrupt clown playing president while Nixon was a real gangster and war criminal challenging the US constitutional order, which is still worse than a corrupt clown even if he appears to be more distasteful.

You have an intriguingly limited perspective.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So the new aid package has given Joe Biden some le[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Glad you are so empathetic and self-critical and […]

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]