The biggest scandal in American history - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Trump talked up his conspiracy theory for a year. He even had that hack in the AG's office investigate.

And what did they find?

Bupkus, nothing, swamp gas.

"The prosecutor handpicked by Attorney General William P. Barr to scrutinize how U.S. agencies investigated President Trump’s 2016 campaign said he could not offer evidence to the Justice Department’s inspector general to support the suspicions of some conservatives that the case was a setup by American intelligence, people familiar with the matter said."

"The previously unreported interaction with Durham is noted in a draft of Horowitz’s forthcoming report on the Russia investigation, which concludes that the FBI had adequate cause to launch its Russia investigation.. Its public release is set for Monday."

It was supposed to be released Monday, but Barr is saying he might not release it. Why am I not surprised?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
It is also unclear whether Durham has shared the entirety of his findings and evidence with the inspector general or merely answered a specific question.

Durham isn't going to share any grand jury information with the IG. The IG cannot prosecute or compel subpoenas in the first place. So you can be sure Durham has gone further than the IG, because Durham already has a grand jury impaneled.
blackjack21 wrote:
Durham isn't going to share any grand jury information with the IG. The IG cannot prosecute or compel subpoenas in the first place. So you can be sure Durham has gone further than the IG, because Durham already has a grand jury impaneled.

He found nothing.

While you can find lots of Right wing websites saying prosecutions are coming, they are full of it. It's a surprise when they aren't full of it.

Frankly, this is batshit crazy territory. There aren't going to be prosecutions.
late wrote:He found nothing.

While you can find lots of Right wing websites saying prosecutions are coming, they are full of it. It's a surprise when they aren't full of it.

Frankly, this is batshit crazy territory. There aren't going to be prosecutions.

If he impaneled a grand jury, indictments are likely. Convictions? That's another question. They will be making an example out of at least one person. You don't think they are going to take all the shit that Mueller dished out and not get some payback do you?
blackjack21 wrote:
If he impaneled a grand jury, indictments are likely.

Convictions? That's another question.

They will be making an example out of at least one person.

You don't think they are going to take all the shit that Mueller dished out and not get some payback do you?

Nope.

Yes, because this is batshit crazy territory.

And there it is, revenge. We will need to replace the current statues of Lady Justice with statues of Lady Justice getting crucified on a cross.

Said every crook he sent to jail...
blackjack21 wrote:
At least you know you are going down...

For me, that's pretty exciting. I'll try to hold it in...

The investigation you said would be handing down indictments? I saw a WAPO reporter with a source in the DOJ say they had also found nothing.

By historic standards, Jeff Sessions was a bad AG. There is no getting around that. But the reporter also said that people in Justice missed him, because Barr was so much worse.

Barr tried twice to do a witch hunt, and indications are he will fail. But the fact that he is a consigliere, that says terrible things about the country.
late wrote:I saw a WAPO reporter with a source in the DOJ say they had also found nothing.

Even the IG found that Comey had leaked classified information to the press and that McCabe had lacked candor. The establishment doesn't prosecute itself. It's not that they have done nothing illegal, it's that they do not prosecute each other.

late wrote:But the fact that he is a consigliere, that says terrible things about the country.

Boring.
blackjack21 wrote:
Even the IG found that Comey had leaked classified information to the press and that McCabe had lacked candor. The establishment doesn't prosecute itself. It's not that they have done nothing illegal, it's that they do not prosecute each other.

Boring.

Tell that to Duncan Hunter.

But accurate..
late wrote:It was supposed to be released Monday, but Barr is saying he might not release it. Why am I not surprised?

I don't know why you're so upset. Hell, we're still waiting for the "overwhelming evidence" of Russian collusion that Schiff told us he had three years ago...
BigSteve wrote:
I don't know why you're so upset. Hell, we're still waiting for the "overwhelming evidence" of Russian collusion that Schiff told us he had three years ago...

Still hiding from the obvious, I see.
late wrote:Still hiding from the obvious, I see.

What's obvious? The fact that Adam Schiff's a fucking liar?

Yeah, I'll agree with you on that.

I know you can't recognize how simple and petty you appear by whining about not seeing something which was going to be released on Monday while Schiff still has produced none of the overwhelming evidence he said he had.

Fuck Democrats. They're an inch deep streak mark in the skivvies of our nation...
BigSteve wrote:
What's obvious?

"Our own intelligence services have confirmed that the 2016-Ukraine lie has been a mainstay of Russian disinformation for years. This is the through line back to 2016: The Russian attack on our political system was in large part disinformation warfare, to sow social discord and undermine liberal democracy...

Even the GOP-controlled Senate Intelligence Committee has elaborated on this disinformation warfare in great detail. Perversely, the current disinformation effort is about making that 2016 disinformation warfare disappear. Trump and Russia have a common interest in doing that, because Trump benefited from and participated in that effort..."

I am beginning to see why Bolton called this a drug deal. A smart dealer doesn't use what he sells. Trump and Giuliani drank the koolaid...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/12/06/giuliani-just-confessed-crime-he-also-revealed-something-bigger/
late wrote:"Our own intelligence services have confirmed that the 2016-Ukraine lie has been a mainstay of Russian disinformation for years. This is the through line back to 2016: The Russian attack on our political system was in large part disinformation warfare, to sow social discord and undermine liberal democracy...

Even the GOP-controlled Senate Intelligence Committee has elaborated on this disinformation warfare in great detail. Perversely, the current disinformation effort is about making that 2016 disinformation warfare disappear. Trump and Russia have a common interest in doing that, because Trump benefited from and participated in that effort..."

I am beginning to see why Bolton called this a drug deal. A smart dealer doesn't use what he sells. Trump and Giuliani drank the koolaid...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/12/06/giuliani-just-confessed-crime-he-also-revealed-something-bigger/

First, if you endeavor to make a point, try doing so in a manner which doesn't require a person to subscribe to something to read it.

Second, it's the fucking Washington Post.

Third, it's an op/ed piece in the fucking Washington Post. That means the opinion expressed therein is likely no less worthless than yours.

You don't make convincing arguments with opinions. You make convincing arguments with facts.

Of course, if you had any of those, you'd have presented them. You don't, of course, so you cite the uber-partisan op/ed page of the Washington Post.

I'm beginning to think the internet might not be the best way for you to spend your free time, old man...
BigSteve wrote:

You don't make convincing arguments with opinions. You make convincing arguments with facts.

Our intelligence agencies said it was Russia. The Republicans that wrote the Senate report said it was Russia.

A LOT of other intel agencies in other countries say it was Russia.

Admin Notes: Rule 2 Violation
late wrote:Our intelligence agencies said it was Russia. The Republicans that wrote the Senate report said it was Russia.

A LOT of other intel agencies in other countries say it was Russia.

If you're going to lie, you really should make at least a little effort at creating verisimilitude.

That way you wouldn't be insulting our intelligence by repeating the same lies over and over and over and...

If you're going to call me a liar, I can only imagine it would be helpful to you if I actually lied.

But I didn't.

Schiff said, for three years, that he had "overwhelming evidence" that showed Trump colluded with the Russians.

Yet, remarkably, Schiff has been a spectacular failure at presenting said evidence.

Why? Because he doesn't have it. He never did.

That's as true a statement as you'll ever read...
BigSteve wrote:

Schiff said, for three years, that he had "overwhelming evidence" that showed Trump colluded with the Russians.

In addition to a couple dozen intel agencies, there are the facts of the Mueller report. Dozens of improper meetings with Russians and their agents, hundreds of lies about those meetings, attempts to set up highly illegal backchannel communications with Russia, and most damning of all, the timeline.

The weird things is we get more evidence all the damn time. Like the phone call logs..

And the truly bizarre thing is Guiliani is STILL in Ukraine trying to subvert our election and our democracy.

You're in a 3 ring circus asking when the entertainment starts. For one thing, you're it.
late wrote:In addition to a couple dozen intel agencies, there are the facts of the Mueller report. Dozens of improper meetings with Russians and their agents, hundreds of lies about those meetings, attempts to set up highly illegal backchannel communications with Russia, and most damning of all, the timeline.

The weird things is we get more evidence all the damn time. Like the phone call logs..

And the truly bizarre thing is Guiliani is STILL in Ukraine trying to subvert our election and our democracy.

You're in a 3 ring circus asking when the entertainment starts. For one thing, you're it.

No, the entertainment is the clowns who believe that Trump colluded with Russia...
late wrote:Dozens of improper meetings with Russians and their agents, hundreds of lies about those meetings, attempts to set up highly illegal backchannel communications with Russia, and most damning of all, the timeline.

Sprinkling incriminating adjectives doesn't help the case. Meeting Russians or their agents isn't improper. It's diplomacy. The US has diplomatic relations with Russia. We recognize Russia's government. Back channel communications are not illegal at all. The US has a long history of back channel communications with Russians. Think "Cuban Missile Crisis." You seem to think that what you disagree with is somehow automatically illegal or improper. It's not.

late wrote:The weird things is we get more evidence all the damn time. Like the phone call logs..

Yes, and that is backfiring too. First, because Schiff made an unsubstantiated claim in his report. Second, the call logs are thrown in to the impeachment effort, but they were not obtained by a warrant. So by law, they are not admissible as evidence. Schiff spying on Nunes does little to improve his standing among Republicans.

late wrote:And the truly bizarre thing is Guiliani is STILL in Ukraine trying to subvert our election and our democracy.

He's not breaking any laws by being in Ukraine.

A new film has been released destroying the offic[…]

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

Since you keep insisting on pretending that the I[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]