House Draws Up Completely Lame Articles of Impeachment: Abuse of Power; Obstruction of Congress - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
BigSteve wrote:I don't recall people calling for Obama to be impeached...

What did he do?

Maxine Waters was calling for his impeachment as early as November of 2017...

1. https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go ... d=24762969
It didn't go anywhere but it was talked about.

2. You know what he did. He tried to coerce a foreign power (Ukraine) to investigate a political opponent. He also tried to defy the House's efforts to investigate.

3. Waters is irrelevent. It took a while for Nancy Pelosi and many of the others to come out in favor of the idea. The other attempts didn't go anywhere.
Random American wrote:1. https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go ... d=24762969
It didn't go anywhere but it was talked about.

That's because the GOP en masse knew there was nothing there. The democrats are just too stupid to realize Trump's case is the same way...

2. You know what he did. He tried to coerce a foreign power (Ukraine) to investigate a political opponent. He also tried to defy the House's efforts to investigate.

How. exactly, did he try to coerce Ukraine to do that? Zelensky himself has stated there was no pressure from the White House, so how could there have been any coercion?

3. Waters is irrelevent. It took a while for Nancy Pelosi and many of the others to come out in favor of the idea. The other attempts didn't go anywhere.

She's a 15 term Congresshag. She's hardly irrelevant...
BigSteve wrote:
I know you hate it, but the comment was made that lawmakers weren't calling for Trump's impeachment until the Ukraine story broke.

Of course, that's just not true...

You struggle with understanding the simple stuff. I'd hold off on for a while on the rest.

There was only one that got national attention.

The House has a simple power structure. The Speaker rules the roost, some of the members with seniority that have a national profile take up the second tier, the other senior members take up the third tier. No one pays attention to the 4th and 5th tier. They don't matter. (With the brand new exception of some freshman, like AOC, but they got their national profile because they were part of the Blue Wave, a new generation with new ideas)

So, when I said Pelosi opposed impeachment, before Ukraine, that meant nothing was happening. It also meant, with one exception, the senior members, the 2nd and 3rd tiers, were opposed or neutral.

Your comments fit under the Distract portion of your Moscow Rules. The Ukraine phone call was a political earthquake that changed a lot of people's minds, and for good reason.

Prof Tribe, one of the 2 or 3 top academics on the Constitution, wrote a freaking book outlining his opposition to impeachment. That changed his mind.

Why?

You know the answer, everyone knows the answer. It's one of those things that if you've graduated grade school, you can figure it out.

Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation
late wrote:You struggle with understanding the simple stuff. I'd hold off on for a while on the rest.

There was only one that got national attention.

The House has a simple power structure. The Speaker rules the roost, some of the members with seniority that have a national profile take up the second tier, the other senior members take up the third tier. No one pays attention to the 4th and 5th tier. They don't matter. (With the brand new exception of some freshman, like AOC, but they got their national profile because they were part of the Blue Wave, a new generation with new ideas)

So, when I said Pelosi opposed impeachment, before Ukraine, that meant nothing was happening. It also meant, with one exception, the senior members, the 2nd and 3rd tiers, were opposed or neutral.

Your comments fit under the Distract portion of your Moscow Rules. The Ukraine phone call was a political earthquake that changed a lot of people's minds, and for good reason.

Prof Tribe, one of the 2 or 3 top academics on the Constitution, wrote a freaking book outlining his opposition to impeachment. That changed his mind.

Why?

You know the answer, everyone knows the answer. It's one of those things that if you've graduated grade school, you can figure it out.

So, did you make it as far as Jr High?

The fact remains; and you've failed to refute it, that there were democratic lawmakers calling for impeachment before the Ukraine story broke.

Fact.
BigSteve wrote:
The fact remains; and you've failed to refute it, that there were democratic lawmakers calling for impeachment before the Ukraine story broke.

I didn't try to refute.

It didn't matter...

What matters is that the people that do count supported impeachment, and then impeached the crook, after the Ukraine call.

Modern capitalism is quite different from the way[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing mo[…]

I'm not American. Politics is power relations be[…]

@FiveofSwords If you want to dump some random […]