Why is Trump cyberbullying a 16 year old girl. - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Well. Let's see.

Thornburg was Time's person of the year and certainly that is understandable. Her accomplishments at her age, whether helped by adults or not, is remarkable. At 16 she has inspired the largest climate protest in history. She has addressed the United Nations, met with heads of state and even the Pope. There is no doubt that these accomplishments are nothing short of spectacular.

So in response to this amazing young lady's work for what just about everyone believes is an important issue (at least anyone with any education or smarts at all) the President of the United States says:

"So ridiculous," "Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Greta, Chill!"

And you think this is NOT bullying? Of course it is. When the most powerful person in the world accuses a 16 year old of having "anger management issues" which is a mental illness, it is bullying.

But that is not important. What is important is that he utterly dismissed her completely valid concerns about her future. There is not a shadow of a doubt that her concerns are real and valid and the proof is the virtually universal acceptance of the overwhelming scientific evidence but the rest of the world. Well except a few Trump supporters who are simply not smart enough to understand the evidence and/or allow themselves to be manipulated but a master manipulator.

So yes. He did bully her. He accused a 16 year old of a mental illness to millions of people.

"So ridiculous," Trump said on Twitter. "Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Greta, Chill!"

And Big Steve, I find it laughable that you dismiss what she said because her mother is an actress (actually opera singer) while rabidly supporting a "reality" show performer who thinks that firing people is what bosses are for.
Patrickov wrote:If My Honourable Friend's earlier comment about Thunberg being a "drama queen" is true, then the "jump the rails" statement above is, to some extent, a contradiction. As far as I know, a professional drama queen probably has good control of her emotions.

Either way, it is probably not in our capacity to decide whether intervention is required.

Oh, I know plenty of drama queens who've jumped the rails.

I never said the kid was a pro. But being a "drama queen" isn't really an act. It's the propensity one has to try to make something into something bigger than it really is.

That kid's grandchildren are going to die of old age before they die because of climate change...
Drlee wrote:And you think this is NOT bullying? Of course it is. When the most powerful person in the world accuses a 16 year old of having "anger management issues" which is a mental illness, it is bullying.

No, it's not.

Here are some things to look for when determining if there's an anger management issue:

1 - Becoming especially angry or violent when consuming alcohol
2 - Struggling to compromise or arrive easily at mutual agreements without getting angry
3 - Problems with expressing emotions in a calm and healthy way
4 - Ignoring people or refusing to speak to them
5 - Inward aggression that can lead to isolation or self-harm
6 - Outward aggression including shouting, swearing, or being physically violent and threatening
7 - Substance abuse or addiction
8 - Cycles of bad behaviour which may be affecting relationships

https://www.priorygroup.com/mental-health/anger-management/symptoms-of-anger-management

With regards to the highlighted items, one would have to allow for the possibility that the girl does, in fact, have anger management issues.

2 - I don't seeing this kid being open to any level of compromise whatsoever...

3 - She's a kid, so getting emotional isn't a surprise. But given the other things highlighted it would be unwise to simply dismiss this...

4 - When asked if she would be willing to meet with Trump, she said no. The reason she gave is that he's already been given all of the evidence which supports what she says. Well, weren't all of the other world leaders she's met with given that same information?

I'd bet my last nickel that Trump would be willing to sit down with her. She doesn't want to, though (and for imaginary reason), so there's no reason at all for Trump to take her too seriously...

But that is not important.

Then why are we discussing it?

What is important is that he utterly dismissed her completely valid concerns about her future. There is not a shadow of a doubt that her concerns are real and valid and the proof is the virtually universal acceptance of the overwhelming scientific evidence but the rest of the world. Well except a few Trump supporters who are simply not smart enough to understand the evidence and/or allow themselves to be manipulated but a master manipulator.

I absolutely believe that our climate is changing. It has to. What I don't necessarily believe, though, is that we're in a position to stop that change. I also don't believe that we should necessarily stop it if we could. I think the more important factor would be how it's changing

So yes. He did bully her. He accused a 16 year old of a mental illness to millions of people.

He also said "She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. "

That was a very nice thing to say, wasn't it?

And Big Steve, I find it laughable that you dismiss what she said because her mother is an actress (actually opera singer) while rabidly supporting a "reality" show performer who thinks that firing people is what bosses are for.

Permit me to impart upon you the education you so desperately need:

"Malena Ernman was born on November 4, 1970 in Uppsala, Uppsala län, Sweden as Sara Magdalena Ernman. She is an actress, known for The Hunter (2011), Die Fledermaus (2003) and Molanders (2013). She has been married to Svante Thunberg since 2004. They have two children."

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0259664/

You're welcome...
BigSteve wrote:No, it's not.

Here are some things to look for when determining if there's an anger management issue:

1 - Becoming especially angry or violent when consuming alcohol
2 - Struggling to compromise or arrive easily at mutual agreements without getting angry
3 - Problems with expressing emotions in a calm and healthy way
4 - Ignoring people or refusing to speak to them
5 - Inward aggression that can lead to isolation or self-harm
6 - Outward aggression including shouting, swearing, or being physically violent and threatening
7 - Substance abuse or addiction
8 - Cycles of bad behaviour which may be affecting relationships

https://www.priorygroup.com/mental-health/anger-management/symptoms-of-anger-management

Trump's tweet seems to indicate that he matches points 2, 3, 6 and 8 (the emotional sentences "Ridiculous" and "Chill Greta" match points 2, 3 and 6; as for point 8, we all know Trump is often... erm... colourful in his tweets); while the responses to the tweet, be it supportive or critical, often match points 2, 3 and 6. I rest my case.
Last edited by Patrickov on 16 Dec 2019 17:37, edited 1 time in total.
Patrickov wrote:Trump's tweet seems to indicate that he matches points 2, 3, 6 and 8; while the responses to the tweet, be it supportive or critical, often match points 2, 3 and 6. I rest my case.

The kid fits 2, 3, 4 and 6.

Trump mentioning an anger management issue may not be too far off the mark...
BigSteve wrote:The kid fits 2, 3, 4 and 6.

Trump mentioning an anger management issue may not be too far off the mark...

It's Trump's sentences before and after that comment that match points. I have added back suitable references.
With regards to the highlighted items, one would have to allow for the possibility that the girl does, in fact, have anger management issues.

That doesn't matter. Trump is fat. If I made a post calling him fat that is bullying.

Interesting though that you think that having a strong political position and the will to express it with action and words amounts to "anger issues". Way to dismiss inconvenient people. Totally consistent with your many posts though. You seem to know a great deal about anger issues. Perhaps you may want to study that article a bit more closely?

I absolutely believe that our climate is changing. It has to. What I don't necessarily believe, though, is that we're in a position to stop that change. I also don't believe that we should necessarily stop it if we could. I think the more important factor would be how it's changing

You are with the majority of Trump supporters in this regard. (Go figure.) The thing is though that you are at odds with the overwhelming number of scientists out there who, unlike you, actually know a great deal about the issue. Oh I know you can google some scientists who disagree with the majority. I know doctors who don't believe the evidence and the experts. Sad for their patients. But they just ignorantly motor on, write a book, or they just die someday. But you and your so-called special snowflakes just keep on the way you are going. Believe what you want. You are in a tiny minority worldwide and I take comfort in that.

I'd bet my last nickel that Trump would be willing to sit down with her. She doesn't want to, though (and for imaginary reason), so there's no reason at all for Trump to take her too seriously...

Sit down with him to accomplish what? To be talked down to? To give Trump cover? She knows that Trump has systematically attempted to dismantle environmental protections and withdrawn the world's second largest polluter from the Paris Accords. What could she possibly hope to gain by giving him yet another opportunity to demean her? The fact is that she has his number. She has the man in the position of what was once thought of as the leader of the free world (no more) dancing to her tune. She has him stooping so low as to engage with a 16 year old and accusing her of being mentally ill on social media. She has him dancing on a string.

"Malena Ernman was born on November 4, 1970 in Uppsala, Uppsala län, Sweden as Sara Magdalena Ernman. She is an actress, known for The Hunter (2011), Die Fledermaus (2003) and Molanders (2013). She has been married to Svante Thunberg since 2004. They have two children."

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0259664/

Very careless of you to google something like this:

The Hunter: She sang an opera song on the soundtrack.
Die Fledermaus IS an Opera.
Molanders: Opera singer.

Why don't you Google her husband?

:roll:
Drlee wrote:You are with the majority of Trump supporters in this regard. (Go figure.) The thing is though that you are at odds with the overwhelming number of scientists out there who, unlike you, actually know a great deal about the issue. Oh I know you can google some scientists who disagree with the majority. I know doctors who don't believe the evidence and the experts. Sad for their patients. But they just ignorantly motor on, write a book, or they just die someday. But you and your so-called special snowflakes just keep on the way you are going. Believe what you want. You are in a tiny minority worldwide and I take comfort in that.

It is pointless to "debate" global warming with climate change deniers. They seem to be uniformly members of Obese Donald's base which indicates they are more receptive to propaganda than the general population and will regurgitate back what the Fat Guy and fossil fuel tell them to think. You will hear the same nonsense over and over: "Well it gets warm in Summer." "back in 1649 so and so predicted the end of the world and we are still here." "It was 26 degrees here yesterday." ad infinitum. The planet will soon reach a tipping point where the effects of global warming will be obvious even to Obese Donald supporters who will quietly melt into the wood work as pertains to this issue. THEN efforts will be made to alleviate the problem. History has shown over and over that tipping points must be reached before the forces of greed are over ruled.
Drlee wrote:You are with the majority of Trump supporters in this regard. (Go figure.) The thing is though that you are at odds with the overwhelming number of scientists out there who, unlike you, actually know a great deal about the issue. Oh I know you can google some scientists who disagree with the majority. I know doctors who don't believe the evidence and the experts. Sad for their patients. But they just ignorantly motor on, write a book, or they just die someday. But you and your so-called special snowflakes just keep on the way you are going. Believe what you want. You are in a tiny minority worldwide and I take comfort in that.

What the fuck are you babbling about?

I'm not denying climate change at all. I'm also smart enough to know that you can't do anything about it until you understand how it's changing, so you can know how to combat it...

Sit down with him to accomplish what? To be talked down to? To give Trump cover? She knows that Trump has systematically attempted to dismantle environmental protections and withdrawn the world's second largest polluter from the Paris Accords. What could she possibly hope to gain by giving him yet another opportunity to demean her? The fact is that she has his number. She has the man in the position of what was once thought of as the leader of the free world (no more) dancing to her tune. She has him stooping so low as to engage with a 16 year old and accusing her of being mentally ill on social media. She has him dancing on a string.

That was just about the most nonsensical bullshit thing I've ever read.

If I had the opportunity to sit down with the leader of the free world (and he is), and talk to him about something I was passionate about, it would be beyond stupid for me to not take that opportunity. If he talks down to me, demeans me or dismisses me, I've lost nothing. But on the off chance he takes me seriously, I would have much to gain.

You just don't think she should meet with him because you think he's mean, and that's a really stupid reason...

Very careless of you to google something like this:

The Hunter: She sang an opera song on the soundtrack.
Die Fledermaus IS an Opera.
Molanders: Opera singer.

Imbd is pretty particular about how they classify people. Did you bother to look at the link? It lists acting and singing credits. Yes, she's an opera singer. She's also an actress...

Why don't you Google her husband?

I suppose the kid could've gotten acting tips from Dad, too...
BigSteve wrote:...

I'm not denying climate change at all. I'm also smart enough to know that you can't do anything about it until you understand how it's changing, so you can know how to combat it...

We know exactly how the climate is changing and why. We also know what the solutions are.

If I had the opportunity to sit down with the leader of the free world (and he is), and talk to him about something I was passionate about, it would be beyond stupid for me to not take that opportunity. If he talks down to me, demeans me or dismisses me, I've lost nothing. But on the off chance he takes me seriously, I would have much to gain.

You just don't think she should meet with him because you think he's mean, and that's a really stupid reason...

If you think Trump would be polite or respectful or do anything meaningful with her message, you would be very naïve. This man has claimed that climate change is a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese.

Besides, he might grab her by the... well, you know.
Pants-of-dog wrote:If you think Trump would be polite or respectful or do anything meaningful with her message, you would be very naïve.

In that setting he would have to be. He would be under a microscope like never before. It really wouldn't matter how he acted though. If he was boorish the idiot left would lambaste him for that. If he acted politely and respectfully, the idiot left would accuse him of pandering to her.

And therein lies the problem with the idiot left: There's just no satisfying them...
BigSteve wrote:In that setting he would have to be. He would be under a microscope like never before.
....some irrelevant insults...

He is constantly under the proverbial microscope, and he is constantly insulting and belittling his opponents. So, that would definitely not be a reason to actually listen.

He would deliberately be rude to her because his supporters would like that and he and his supporters would think it makes him look like a man.

More importantly, he would do nothing meaningful about climate change.
Pants-of-dog wrote:He is constantly under the proverbial microscope, and he is constantly insulting and belittling his opponents. So, that would definitely not be a reason to actually listen.

He would deliberately be rude to her because his supporters would like that and he and his supporters would think it makes him look like a man.

More importantly, he would do nothing meaningful about climate change.

We'll just disagree on that.

I support Trump, but I would be appalled to see him act towards her in the manner you suggest he would...
Pants-of-dog wrote:His past behaviour supports my position.

There seems to be no rational reason to support yours.

You have examples for this past behavior against children or are you confusing Joe Bidens behavior with children? I'll wait for your facts to support your position. Rosie Odonnell doesn't.
Finfinder wrote:You have examples for this past behavior against children or are you confusing Joe Bidens behavior with children? I'll wait for your facts to support your position. Rosie Odonnell doesn't.

If we look at his past behaviour concerning non-US children, Thunberg should be worried about being forcibly separated from her family and put in a cage.
You have examples for this past behavior against children or are you confusing Joe Bidens behavior with children? I'll wait for your facts to support your position. Rosie Odonnell doesn't.

Typical Rush Limbaugh clone argument. What is wrong with it?

Well. First of all it is off topic. We are not discussing Biden and Rosie O'Donnell is irrelevant. They are distracting from the argument. But they are illustrative of what is wrong on the right today. They are completely unable to take responsibility for their own actions and more to the point hold their leaders responsible for theirs. Look at BS comment:

I support Trump, but I would be appalled to see him act towards her in the manner you suggest he would...

Oh and nothing he has said up to this point has you "appalled"? He has already been profoundly rude to her. And beyond that he has said such incredibly boorish things and he has not crossed your line yet? I am a conservative republican, follower of Goldwater and Buckley and I am appalled virtually every week. So no you wouldn't. You would do what you did here and find some way to rationalize his inexcusable behavior.

Then, when their sold-out politicians are so obviously wrong they try to smear someone else and figure that if someone else does it then it is fine. It is idiotic, of course, to try to bring up Rosie O'Donnell as if she is some magic talisman against the latest Trump mistake. But it is just the best they can do. They have lost their moral center. They know nothing about politics and go so far as to refer to democrats as "the left". :lol:

BS, Hindsite and I are not going to be around when Greta's generation has to suffer for our inaction. And two of the three of us do not give a rats ass about that generation as long as we are not inconvenienced in the meantime. But that is the new thing for these people who think they are conservative. (They are not and do not even understand fundamental traditional conservative thinking.) They are nothing more than drones in a nationalist army. They like to talk about Rosie O'Donnell, who matters not one bit to the electorate, while ignoring the fact that Trump, the great man of the people, is spending at a level that makes even the most ardent social progressive stare. Bill Clinton did not even try it and more importantly real conservatives in the republican party would have stopped him.

I used to think Trump fans were just angry and confused people. I do not think that now. Now I honestly believe that they are not capable of understanding what is happening to our country and our way of life. And lacking the capacity to think at the level necessary to comprehend the issues that matter, they have empowered people whose only and admitted motivation is to line their own pockets and sell out to our foreign enemies. They are just sad dupes at the end of the day.
BRICS will fail

BRICS involves one of several configurations emplo[…]

So you do justify October 7, but as I said lack th[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]