Trump has been impeached - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Patrickov wrote:Both sides trying to exercise their (temporary) privileges as far as they see fit, with complete disregard of their opponents' perception as well as the possible repercussions if power switches hands, is definitely not fairness.

Actually, it's the very definition of fairness.

The democrats want to dictate how the Senate trial will be conducted.

Fuck them.
late wrote:Fairness is not Republicans getting everything they want.

I agree, but only if it also means the democrats not getting everything they want.

Of course, they have no interest in that.

And you're the most predictable person I've ever encountered. As predicted, you failed to address the point I made...
By late
BigSteve wrote:
I agree, but only if it also means the democrats not getting everything they want.

You do love baloney.

Dems know they won't get a conviction. But they deserve more than a rigged trail.

"This impeachment trial is becoming like a Jim Crow trial. Deep down everyone knows everything. Everyone knows the racist defendant is guilty. Everyone knows the all-White jury is going to quickly acquit. Everyone knows the exonerated defendant will continue to break the law"
Prof. Kendi
BigSteve wrote:Actually, it's the very definition of fairness.

I do understand My Friend's definition, just that I disagree, as "fairness" should mean treating everyone with the same standard.

As often said, two wrongs do not make a right.
BigSteve wrote:And you're the most predictable person I've ever encountered.

People with hard stances are indeed very predictable.

Meanwhile, as much as My Friend finds his opponent predictable, others probably find My Friend very predictable too.
Patrickov wrote:People with hard stances are indeed very predictable.

Meanwhile, as much as My Friend finds his opponent predictable, others probably find My Friend very predictable too.

The better adjective is credible, does this make your friends stances more or less credible?
The point of a trial is to establish quilt vs innocence., based on testimony and physical evidence, and not on McConnell's ability to undermine this basic premise.
By Rich
So Pelosi is not content to control the House, she is now demanding control of the Senate as well. She is saying that she must tell the Senate how to run the trial of Trump. I'm beginning to think that I may have been wrong. I was thinking that it was joe Biden that should be put on trial, I'm now starting to think its Nancy Pelosi.
Rich wrote:So Pelosi is not content to control the House, she is now demanding control of the Senate as well. She is saying that she must tell the Senate how to run the trial of Trump. I'm beginning to think that I may have been wrong. I was thinking that it was joe Biden that should be put on trial, I'm now starting to think its Nancy Pelosi.

This is indicative of a larger signal. The Democrats lost the last election and now they feel empowered to do away with any rules and decorum. Democrats don't heed to elections or rules and decorum anymore, look at Bush/ Gore and all the house and senate seats Obama lost during his tenure as the the geniuses of this. Look at the supreme court nomination process, the IG report, the partisan Mueller report, using the IRS and unelected partisan bureaucrats. Anything the Democrats need to accomplish must be done by breaking the rules or rigging the system. Worst thing Mitch McConnell has done so far is not change the senate rules to a simple majority because sure as shit the Democrats will, whenever they cycle around to getting control of the house. They are in desperation mode and they have a lot of radicals willing to do their biding. They take their orders from the leftist run media outlets. Rules and decorum don't matter anymore and its going to get worse.
Rich wrote:So Pelosi is not content to control the House, she is now demanding control of the Senate as well. She is saying that she must tell the Senate how to run the trial of Trump. I'm beginning to think that I may have been wrong. I was thinking that it was joe Biden that should be put on trial, I'm now starting to think its Nancy Pelosi.

Speaker Pelosi is not seeking to control the Senate. She's simply negotiating. Relax. Negotiating is not a crime.
Stormsmith wrote:Speaker Pelosi is not seeking to control the Senate. She's simply negotiating. Relax. Negotiating is not a crime.

Its not for her to negotiate and she has zero leverage and really zero credibility based on how she allowed the impeachment process in the house. There is literally nothing for her to negotiate.
Patrickov wrote:People with hard stances are indeed very predictable.

His "stance" is to run away from questions he finds difficult to answer...
Stormsmith wrote:Speaker Pelosi is not seeking to control the Senate. She's simply negotiating. Relax. Negotiating is not a crime.

Fuck her, and fuck what she wants to "negotiate".

The democrats didn't give an inch during the impeachment hearings. Accordingly, the GOP should follow suit in the Senate...
late wrote:You do love baloney.

Dems know they won't get a conviction. But they deserve more than a rigged trail.

And we didn't know what the outcome of the impeachment hearings was going to be before they even started?

Cry me a fuckin' river.

The idiots on the left really should've thought this shit through before they let Schiff dig his heels in...
By late
BigSteve wrote:
And we didn't know what the outcome of the impeachment hearings was going to be before they even started?

He's guilty as hell.
Finfinder wrote:Its not for her to negotiate...

I disagree. President Trump wants a speedy trial. If that's what he wants, he needs the impeachment gizmo. And that's an invitation to negotiate

and she has zero leverage and really zero credibility based on how she allowed the impeachment process in the house. There is literally nothing for her to negotiate.

Well in order to meet President Trump's demands for a trial, as i wrote above, his need for the impeachment gizmo is leverage.

Refresh me, please: what was it President Trump/ you wanted differently re the impeachment investigation
Last edited by Stormsmith on 20 Dec 2019 22:48, edited 1 time in total.
By late
Finfinder wrote:
The Democrats lost the last election

The last election was the midterms, and the Dems won big.

Didn't you make this mistake before???

Ain't rocket science...
BigSteve wrote:Fuck her, and fuck what she wants to "negotiate".

The democrats didn't give an inch during the impeachment hearings. Accordingly, the GOP should follow suit in the Senate...

Well, that's fair. But how do you reconcile Moscow Mitch's12, 13 years of doing sweet boom all in the senate with President Trump 's demands for a speedy trial, and whom would you speculate would be President Trump's witnesses?
noemon wrote:Arrived in NY today, walked into my Hotel Room, switched on the telly and the vote was taking place, started unpacking my stuff and suddenly hear..."so it's done folks"....

For those hopeful that Trump is gone, this may not be the case as it is very possible that he will survive the Senate hearing and there is also the possibility that he may be re-elected apparently even if impeached. Can an American please explain in more detail, how all these technicalities work for the rest of us?

The irony:

Not being American, TRUMP comes across as something of a 'Teflon' President, where nothing 'sticks', yet everything is thrown at him, unlike 'tricky Dicky' NIXON.

TRUMP seems to have covered his tracks for the most part, NIXON virtually chronicled his 'misdeeds' by taping them.

As a result, it is much harder to pin TRUMP down on the allegations against him & his rhetorical responses to the impending impeachment suggest that he is mostly right- at least to those whom he speaks for.
Stormsmith wrote:But how do you reconcile Moscow Mitch's12, 13 years of doing sweet boom all in the senate with President Trump 's demands for a speedy trial, and whom would you speculate would be President Trump's witnesses?

What?
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

^ His lies are creative at least, I'll give him th[…]

Yes, because the Palestinian resistance have a his[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

^ I shared the Sachs and Meirsheimer videos in her[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over mains[…]