Trump has been impeached - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
ness31 wrote:Wow. I didn’t think it was going to happen. Trump just sealed himself another term as Prez.

These people don't understand what the Clintons did to the Impeachment process to protect Bill's Presidency. They totally rendered it toothless. Lol.
Sorry, are the non Americans missing something?
By late
ness31 wrote:
Sorry, are the non Americans missing something?

Let's just say this isn't the most sophisticated crowd I've seen.

I didn't want to get into a dozen different silly arguments. But this is my thread, so I wanted to make some sort of comment about the mess my thread had turned into.
late wrote:"So far we haven't seen anything that looks fair to us," Pelosi told reporters at a press conference just moments after the House charged Trump with abuse of power and obstructing congressional investigations. “That would’ve been our intention, but we’ll see what happens over there."

Pelosi bitching about "fairness" is like wolves bitching about a fence protecting the livestock.

Fuck her.

She reaps what she's sowed...
late wrote:Let's just say this isn't the most sophisticated crowd I've seen.

I didn't want to get into a dozen different silly arguments. But this is my thread, so I wanted to make some sort of comment about the mess my thread had turned into.

We’re at the beginning of page 2. Things are going to get a lot worse ;)
noemon wrote:Can an American please explain in more detail, how all these technicalities work for the rest of us?

What technicalities?

Essentially, he's been charged with a crime by Congress. His trial will be held by the Senate. If they find him not guilty or dismiss the case against him (one of which will happen), it's over. There's not a a single thing which precludes him from running for re-election...
Three Democrats voted against impeachment. It'll be interesting to see how shitty these three get treated by their democrat overlords for "voting their conscience"...
By Rugoz
blackjack21 wrote:Impeaching him doesn't mean that it will hurt Trump. Most Trump supporters think it's a joke, because the Democrats know they can't win in 2020.

Chavez, Erdogan etc. All of them slowly dismantled the democratic institutions of their countries and people still voted for them. Why? Because

a) Politics in those countries was characterized by extreme partisanship and the abuse of power was justified by fighting corruption / the establishment.
b) They ruled during a period of strong economic growth and people simply overlooked / didn't care about abuses of power.

Populist autocrats and their supporters operate the same everywhere.
By late
Rugoz wrote:
Chavez, Erdogan etc. All of them slowly dismantled the democratic institutions of their countries and people still voted for them. Why? Because

a) Politics in those countries was characterized by extreme partisanship and the abuse of power was justified by fighting corruption / the establishment.
b) They ruled during a period of strong economic growth and people simply overlooked / didn't care about abuses of power.

Populist autocrats and their supporters operate the same everywhere.

He has said he wants strong man rule.
Godstud wrote::roll: Please provide a source for this ridiculous claim.

Clinton wasn't re-elected after being impeached.

The impeachment is a done deal. Now it has to go to the Senate.

https://time.com/4641233/donald-trump-i ... n-impeach/

Rep. Maxine Waters, The First To Call For Impeachment, Discusses Trump And Impeachment Process
BY DONNA M. OWENS · SEPTEMBER 30, 2019
THE CONGRESSWOMAN SAYS SHE'S BEEN CALLING FOR AND TALKING ABOUT A TRUMP IMPEACHMENT SINCE HIS INAUGURATION AND BLACK WOMEN HAVE THE POWER TO SHAPE AMERICAN DEMOCRACY.

Do you have Google ofcourse you do? So now you can admit you were wrong its ok.
The democrats are jerking off all over each other believing that they've done this great thing by impeaching the President they're ignoring how the American people are simply sick and fucking tired of the whole affair...
BigSteve wrote:The democrats are jerking off all over each other believing that they've done this great thing by impeaching the President they're ignoring how the American people are simply sick and fucking tired of the whole affair...

Actually they all may have been duped Pelosi may never send the articles to the Senate she seemed to insinuate that. Also she was trying to demand how the senate would try the case as a reason not to send the article over. Its all a joke Nancy Pelosi demanding how her political rival is tried. If that doesn't say it all what does . People on theleft have been duped.

Nancy Pelosi won't commit to sending articles of impeachment to Senate
CNN)House Speaker Nancy Pelosi would not commit on Wednesday to sending the articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump to the Republican-held Senate, a surprise move that injects new uncertainty into Congress' timeline of the President's trial in the chamber.

"That would have been our intention, but we'll see what happens over there," Pelosi said at a post-impeachment vote news conference Wednesday night when asked about sending over the articles.
Some progressives have urged Democratic leaders to withhold the articles until Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, agrees to the parameters for the Senate trial that Democrats have called for, as well as agreeing to bring in firsthand witnesses like acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to testify.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/18/politics ... index.html
Finfinder wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/18/politics/nancy-pelosi-sending-impeachment-articles-senate/index.html

"We cannot name managers until we see what the process is on the Senate side, and we hope that will be soon," Pelosi said. "So far we haven't seen anything that looks fair to us, so hopefully it will be fair."

There's no bigger hypocrite on the planet than the Speaker of the House whining about "fairness"...
By late
BigSteve wrote:
There's no bigger hypocrite on the planet than the Speaker of the House whining about "fairness...

This from a guy that pretends he isn't Republican and supports the most prolific hypocrite in the country...
By late
Finfinder wrote:
Nancy Pelosi won't commit to sending articles of impeachment to Senate
CNN)House Speaker Nancy Pelosi would not commit on Wednesday to sending the articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump to the Republican-held Senate, a surprise move that injects new uncertainty into Congress' timeline of the President's trial in the chamber.

She just taught Congress a master class in politics. Faced with insane levels of corruption, including severely corrupted politics in several Republican states, she played flawlessly. Dems were, and are, in a lose/lose position.

Between Republican cheating and Putin's intel war on the West, Dems could get 5 or even 6 million more votes and still lose. OTOH, letting Trump becoming our first king is not something anyone with a microscopic scrap of morality wants to see.

You don't have to like her, but she's the best Speaker since Tip O'Neil.
Godstud wrote:Yes, YOU HAVE. Isn't this a great example of pot calling the kettle, black?

:roll: That you have to result in Ad Hominems only shows how lacking your argument actually is.

You are HOPING that I personally insult you in order to cite me for a nonexistent violation of the rules?

Or to bring disfavor on my comments without regard for the actual comments?

Is that desperation we sense from the Democrats?

Or dont you understand the real meaning of ad hominem?

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

The bill proposed by Congress could easily be use[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Even in North America, the people defending the[…]

Yes, try meditating ALONE in nature since people […]