Trump has been impeached - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
late wrote:This from a guy that pretends he isn't Republican and supports the most prolific hypocrite in the country...

I've been a registered Independent since my 18th birthday.

I am definitely conservative on many issues, but also quite liberal on others.

Do I support the President? Yes. I don't want him to fail because, if he does, our country fails. That's something liberals refuse to understand. Liberals hate him because he said "pussy" back in the 80's and because he destroyed their would-be queen...
late wrote:This from a guy that pretends he isn't Republican and supports the most prolific hypocrite in the country...

I cant think of ANYONE who isnt a hypocrite at one time or another.

Even Obama, whose presidency I presume you favor.

Well, Trump wasnt being hypocritical here, was he?

Trump Makes Obama Regret His Jobs Prediction - The Blaze

The MAGIC WAND comment.
late wrote:She just taught Congress a master class in politics. Faced with insane levels of corruption, including severely corrupted politics in several Republican states, she played flawlessly. Dems were, and are, in a lose/lose position.

Between Republican cheating and Putin's intel war on the West, Dems could get 5 or even 6 million more votes and still lose. OTOH, letting Trump becoming our first king is not something anyone with a microscopic scrap of morality wants to see.

You don't have to like her, but she's the best Speaker since Tip O'Neil.

Your gaslighting and then demands for other to reference their posts is cute.

If Nancy Pelosi is the best speaker since Tip Oneil you can surely and easily list legislation she was able to accomplish. The rest of your post isn't worth replying too.
In 8 hours of debate not ONE Republican stood up to defend Trump. Not one defended his character. Not one said he is an honest man. Not one said he respects the office. Not one said he would never do what he is accused of. Not one. Think about that.
jimjam wrote:In 8 hours of debate not ONE Republican stood up to defend Trump. Not one defended his character. Not one said he is an honest man. Not one said he respects the office. Not one said he would never do what he is accused of. Not one. Think about that.

Why waste their breath? Impeachment was a forgone conclusion.

The Republicans will have their say during the trial.

Libs would be well served to buckle the fuck up, 'cause it's gonna' be a bumpy ride...
BigSteve wrote:Why waste their breath? Impeachment was a forgone conclusion.

The Republicans will have their say during the trial.

Libs would be well served to buckle the fuck up, 'cause it's gonna' be a bumpy ride...

It's such a sham its never going to go to trial. She is never going send the letters to the Senate. That is how fake this is.
Finfinder wrote:It's such a sham its never going to go to trial. She is never going send the letters to the Senate. That is how fake this is.

Well, yeah, but it would be quite the show!
BigSteve wrote:Well, yeah, but it would be quite the show!

She painted the Dems into a corner and any move she makes from here on out it's "check mate" and she knows it. She needs to keep serving up the Kool Aid in order to keep the rabid left people like @late stoking the gaslights for the eelction season. .
Finfinder wrote:She painted the Dems into a corner and any move she makes from here on out it's "check mate" and she knows it.

She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. Even doing nothing at this point would be devastating...
BigSteve wrote:She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. Even doing nothing at this point would be devastating...

Yes and according to a poster here she is the best speaker of the house since Tip O'Neil. :lol:
Finfinder wrote:Yes and according to a poster here she is the best speaker of the house since Tip O'Neil. :lol:

Nancy Pelosi magnifies the problems of the Democrats, generally.

They have no principles which remain true through good times and bad. They are ad libbers and often change their stance depending on their inability to accept the consequences of their previous position on any given thing.

When they paint themselves into a corner, they just act as though there is no corner. Or they lie and twist their way out of looking shifty and unprincipled or just bad.

This is their problem because they have the lesser cards and they have to play the bad cards as best they can.

How else would you be able to survive against a GREAT President Trump?

He is following the Constitution and wraps himself in the flag. And he follows a generally traditional and safe, Centrist-Conservative philosophy in his governance.

The Left co-mingles with hostile aliens with hostile agendas and they are crooks and dishonest and they lie and twist facts and scurry and scuffle and play fast and loose with the truth and small ball. They look desperate and act to coarsen the Country but they dont care because their own party survival is more important than the Country or the unwary Americans who blindly and unwisely follow them into purgatory.

This impeachment sealed the Democrat's fate.

They will never escape the ignominy of this act.

And they will regret being so foolishly led.
Bob Alou wrote:Nancy Pelosi magnifies the problems of the Democrats, generally.

They have no principles which remain true through good times and bad. They are ad libbers and often change their stance depending on their inability to accept the consequences of their previous position on any given thing.

When they paint themselves into a corner, they just act as though there is no corner. Or they lie and twist their way out of looking shifty and unprincipled or just bad.

This is their problem because they have the lesser cards and they have to play the bad cards as best they can.

How else would you be able to survive against a GREAT President Trump?

You lie and twist and scurry and scuffle and play fast and loose and small ball. You look desperate and act to coarsen the Country but you dont care because your own party survival is more important than the Country or the unwary Americans who blindly and unwisely follow you into purgatory.

This impeachment sealed the Democrat's fate.

They will never escape the ignominy of this act.

And they will regret being so foolishly led.

It goes to show that the Democratic party is on the verge of complete collapse. This must be a 100% about keeping their base which strategically they must think is vulnerable and shrinking.

This is the 7th time they tried to impeach Trump and this time it took only 12 weeks and there is literally no crime in the articles and the second article of impeachment is because Trump dare uses his constitutional rights. It's all just desperation.
Donald will get by with a little help from his friends :lol:

Just hours after President Trump became only the third American leader to be impeached, President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia on Thursday mocked what he described as an attempt by Democrats to reverse the 2016 election.
jimjam wrote:Donald will get by with a little help from his friends :lol:

Just hours after President Trump became only the third American leader to be impeached, President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia on Thursday mocked what he described as an attempt by Democrats to reverse the 2016 election.

Well, that's really all it is...
“The prosecutors are getting cold feet in front of the entire country and second-guessing whether they even want to go to trial,” Mr. McConnell said. “They said impeachment was so urgent that it could not even wait for due process, but now they’re content to sit on their hands. This is comical.”

:lol: No Mitchel, they are simply using political tricks not unlike your trick of not voting on Obama's candidate for the Supreme Court until Obama was gone. Sounds like Tricky Mitch is a bit peeved when the tables are turned :lol:

Mr. Graham, who is the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, said he spoke Thursday morning with Mr. Trump, who asked him, “What’s happening?” "WHAT"S HAPPENING?" ….. truly impressive :lol:

It is SO much fun to see Obese Donald and Mitch The American Oligarch reap what they have sowed and not like it let alone understand it.

Thank you Nancy for your sterling job well done.
Speaker Pelosi still has a few cards to play.

1. She knows President Trump will wear the "I" tag for life. In fact, no matter how much he plays it down to his base, it will be there for ever. He tweeted in unprecedented fashion last weekend so we know, underneath it all, it bugs him to be thought of, not just by his fellow Americans but by the majority of the world as a loser.

2. Similarly, she knows McConnell hates being called "Moscow Mitch ". We all know there are rather a lot of rubles rummaging around Washington and Kentucky. The Speaker is a better position than we are to uncover more info that McConnell wouldnt want spread throughout the country by the media. His numbers are in the tank now. She could make it worse.

3. Several of the Russian ruble takers, including McConnell and Lindsey Graham have declared themselves not impartial, full stop. In reality they should recuse themselves. Never in the world would they be allowed into a proper court, full stop, so by sitting back with the impeachment pending, Congress can have a little leverage.

4. Congress can continue to investigate which, given the above, might stir up McConnell and co.
Ad hominem
Ad Hominem Fallacy: (abusive and circumstantial): the fallacy of attacking the character or circumstances of an individual who is advancing a statement or an argument instead of seeking to disprove the truth of the statement or the soundness of the argument.

eg.
Bob Alou wrote:That is a harbinger of bad things for the Democrats or Demwits.

Bob Alou wrote:Anyone who believes that is imbecilic.
Last edited by Godstud on 20 Dec 2019 00:22, edited 1 time in total.
Godstud wrote:Ad hominem
Ad Hominem Fallacy: (abusive and circumstantial): the fallacy of attacking the character or circumstances of an individual who is advancing a statement or an argument instead of seeking to disprove the truth of the statement or the soundness of the argument.

eg.

I was giving you a chance to deny that you believed what you posted. Some Left Wingers just post stuff they dont believe for appearances sake.

But I guess I was wrong.

But, then again, havent you just proved me correct?

Im not sure now.

You have me twisted in knots.
Bob Alou wrote:I was giving you a chance to deny that you believed what you posted. Some Left Wingers just post stuff they dont believe for appearances sake.
I am sorry. I had assumed that English was your first language.

Insulting someone, if they don't think think along the same lines as you, is an Ad hominem. eg. "You're an idiot if you don't like Trump!", is an Ad Hominem. It's a fallacy. If you don't believe in A, then you are B.

I am not "left". Nor am I a Democrat.

@Hindsite from ChristianityToday FUN FACT: The magazine was founded by Billy Graham.
Trump Should Be Removed from Office
It’s time to say what we said 20 years ago when a president’s character was revealed for what it was.

But the facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral.

The reason many are not shocked about this is that this president has dumbed down the idea of morality in his administration. He has hired and fired a number of people who are now convicted criminals. He himself has admitted to immoral actions in business and his relationship with women, about which he remains proud. His Twitter feed alone—with its habitual string of mischaracterizations, lies, and slanders—is a near perfect example of a human being who is morally lost and confused.

Trump’s evangelical supporters have pointed to his Supreme Court nominees, his defense of religious liberty, and his stewardship of the economy, among other things, as achievements that justify their support of the president. We believe the impeachment hearings have made it absolutely clear, in a way the Mueller investigation did not, that President Trump has abused his authority for personal gain and betrayed his constitutional oath. The impeachment hearings have illuminated the president’s moral deficiencies for all to see. This damages the institution of the presidency, damages the reputation of our country, and damages both the spirit and the future of our people. None of the president’s positives can balance the moral and political danger we face under a leader of such grossly immoral character.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/20 ... rRmi6TURVM

Chimps are about six times stronger than the aver[…]

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]