Who believes him? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Pants-of-dog
#15060977
All the websites that keep track of how much politicians lie and how often all agree: Trump is in a league of his own.


    Professor Robert Prentice summarized the views of many fact-checkers:

      Here's the problem: As fact checker Glenn Kessler noted in August, whereas Clinton lies as much as the average politician, President Donald Trump's lying is "off the charts". No prominent politician in memory bests Trump for spouting spectacular, egregious, easily disproved lies. The birther claim. The vote fraud claim. The attendance at the inauguration claim. And on and on and on. Every fact checker—Kessler, Factcheck.org, Snopes.com, PolitiFact—finds a level of mendacity unequaled by any politician ever scrutinized. For instance, 70 percent of his campaign statements checked by PolitiFact were mostly false, totally false, or "pants on fire" false.[69]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veracit ... king_Trump
By fokker
#15060993
I think trying to highlight the amount of lying Trump does is the wrong strategy, as authors side with Democrats and in a divided society as US people tend not to trust the other side's arguments. It is very easy to defeat Trump - remove some of the reasons people vote for him - be tougher on illegal immigration, stop pushing LGBT agenda, protect American jobs. Trying to convince people (especially of opposing opinions) with arguments is a very slow and long process, often waste of time. There is no need to convince the ardent Trump supporters (long time Republicans), only independents matter.
#15060996
fokker wrote:I think trying to highlight the amount of lying Trump does is the wrong strategy, as authors side with Democrats and in a divided society as US people tend not to trust the other side's arguments. It is very easy to defeat Trump - remove some of the reasons people vote for him - be tougher on illegal immigration, stop pushing LGBT agenda, protect American jobs. Trying to convince people (especially of opposing opinions) with arguments is a very slow and long process, often waste of time. There is no need to convince the ardent Trump supporters (long time Republicans), only independents matter.



So basically the Democrats should just return to be what they used to be before the radicalization processes I doubt that its going to happen.
I used to like the Democrats more than republicans back in the bush days but since than alot has changed
User avatar
By Godstud
#15061028
Patrickov wrote:As if we would forget how bad China has become.
China isn't constantly at war with anyone<cough USA> so please, leave your high and mighty morality at home. It's tiresome BS. :roll:
By Finfinder
#15061029
Funny commonality among all these threads that talk about Trump lying, is no one ever will list specific lies and make an argument as to how that has changed or affected the results this president has achieved. They stop short with partisan "fact checkers", lol but in the end I have to assume they would be exposed as partisan an petty and its more important to gaslight the generality of it.

The reality of this is the Democrats and their supporters are just projecting. Seriously Hillary Clinton was the last candidate and now every major presidential candidate, Biden, Sanders, and Warren are proven liars not to mention corrupt and scandalous profiting from their political positions.
Last edited by Finfinder on 23 Jan 2020 00:16, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Godstud
#15061031
@Finfinder The lies are listed. You are simply denying the truth, because you are a Trump worshiper, like most of the others on this forum for whom Trump can do no wrong(I haven't seen a Trump person criticize a fucking thing that he has done, to date, despite false claims to the contrary.).

Showing that Trump lies, with fact-checkers, is not partisan. Facts are facts. Lies are lies.
By Finfinder
#15061032
Godstud wrote:@Finfinder The lies are listed. You are simply denying the truth, because you are a Trump worshiper, like most of the others on this forum for whom Trump can do no wrong(I haven't seen a Trump person criticize a fucking thing that he has done, to date, despite false claims to the contrary.).

Showing that Trump lies, with fact-checkers, is not partisan. Facts are facts. Lies are lies.



So all politicians lie its been said on this thread. That makes me a worshipper? How so? It's really such a copout to call people worshipers when your argument lacks any specifs and is very weak. So what all politicians lie. Which lies do you have a problem with and which lies have been detrimental to the USA and our success?

Do you think Hillary Clinton is a liar Obama? Joe Biden? How about Pocahontas? Those are the people youd like to see replace Trump. So what is your point? Do you worship them?
User avatar
By Rancid
#15061034
Pants-of-dog wrote:All the websites that keep track of how much politicians lie and how often all agree: Trump is in a league of his own.


    Professor Robert Prentice summarized the views of many fact-checkers:

      Here's the problem: As fact checker Glenn Kessler noted in August, whereas Clinton lies as much as the average politician, President Donald Trump's lying is "off the charts". No prominent politician in memory bests Trump for spouting spectacular, egregious, easily disproved lies. The birther claim. The vote fraud claim. The attendance at the inauguration claim. And on and on and on. Every fact checker—Kessler, Factcheck.org, Snopes.com, PolitiFact—finds a level of mendacity unequaled by any politician ever scrutinized. For instance, 70 percent of his campaign statements checked by PolitiFact were mostly false, totally false, or "pants on fire" false.[69]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veracit ... king_Trump


Perhaps Trump's philosophy is kind of like murderer. YOU keep doing because, hey, they can only hang you once!
User avatar
By colliric
#15061035
Code Rood wrote:Correct. It really is THAT bad.


Not the first President that is fun to watch on TV:





Even Bill was TV friendly. Greatest soap opera of the late 1990s.

They've had to be TV stars since JFK out-TV starred Nixon in the 1960 debates. Nixon of cause learnt from his mistake and came back.

User avatar
By Godstud
#15061036
Not even politicians lie to the extent that Trump does. You are evading.

His lies about the media, and about a great many people, immigrants and other things have been harmful. The divisiveness seen in US politics is a direct cause of Trump and his lies.

AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s misleading rhetoric on immigrants
https://apnews.com/fb21a03e4d2246b1926830e8def6e999

7 of the Top Immigration Lies From the Trump Administration
https://www.americanprogress.org/issues ... istration/

Trump's Anti-Immigrant Rhetoric Was Never About Legality — It Was About Our Brown Skin
https://time.com/5645501/trump-anti-imm ... ic-racism/

But hey... This is par for the course.

Deny. Deny. Deny.
By Finfinder
#15061037
So lazy a Google search and paste a few links they don't dare debate in their own words. :lol:

So who would better than Trump. Pick one............Joe Biden? Hillary Clinton ? Bernie Sanders? Pocahontas Warren ?

What exactly again have you proven ? Don't be afraid pick one and explain why you are morally a better person than someone that would support a Trump agenda. :lol:
User avatar
By Godstud
#15061041
Finfinder wrote:So lazy a Google search and paste a few links they don't dare debate in their own words.
:roll: Deny. Deny. Deny.

Finfinder wrote:So who would better than Trump. Pick one............Joe Biden? Hillary Clinton ? Bernie Sanders? Pocahontas Warren ?
This isn't about them. Why are you distracting?

Finfinder wrote:Don't be afraid pick one and explain why you are morally a better person than someone that would support a Trump agenda.
And end with a pathetically lame strawman, since no one here has made a comment about Trump's morality. :knife:

Rancid wrote:The Trump dick sucking is strong.
QFT!!
User avatar
By colliric
#15061042
Godstud wrote:But hey... This is par for the course.

Deny. Deny. Deny.


It is par for the course in the age of social media. Just as Kennedy used TV, the newest "connect with the people" technology of his time.

Trump can communicate directly with the people 24-hours a day, because of the 24-hour news cycle + 24-hour social media craze.

The media attacks the President 24-hours a day 7-days a week now. Only natural for him to defend himself more often as well.

Want "attacks on the media to slow down"..... Then support getting rid of Legacy media, or at least getting it back down to the major Free-to-air channels and newspapers only. CNN and MSNBC have outlived their usefulness... If Fox News has to die too, they can take one for the team.
By Finfinder
#15061044
colliric wrote:It is par for the course in the age of social media. Just as Kennedy used TV, the newest "connect with the people" technology of his time.

Trump can communicate directly with the people 24-hours a day, because of the 24-hour news cycle + 24-hour social media craze.

The media attacks the President 24-hours a day 7-days a week now. Only natural for him to defend himself more often as well.

Want "attacks on the media to slow down"..... Then support getting rid of Legacy media, or at least getting it back down to the major Free-to-air channels and newspapers only. CNN and MSNBC have outlived their usefulness... If Fox News has to die too, they can take one for the team.


He won't pick one of the Democrat candidates :lol: :lol:

@Godstud :lol:
User avatar
By Godstud
#15061050
So, @Finfinder no intelligent response? Typical. :roll:
By Finfinder
#15061055
Godstud wrote:So, @Finfinder no intelligent response? Typical. :roll:


Your posting here was an to attempt to make some kind of moral statement about me and try to me look bad. Now the question was framed so that any response other than what you agree with or wanted me to say deems me a worshiper and an ad hominem attack from you. Now several posts have been made by others that agreed that we can conclude that all politicians lie.

So given that my response was to ask you to pick which non liar presidential candidate you would support, and you refused to answer. Did you prove something about me and that I lack intelligence or did I prove more about you.
User avatar
By Godstud
#15061060
finfinder wrote:Your posting here was an to attempt to make some kind of moral statement about me and try to me look bad. Now the question was framed so that any response other than what you agree with or wanted me to say deems me a worshiper and an ad hominem attack from you. Now several posts have been made by others that agreed that we can conclude that all politicians lie.
:roll: Why do you feel that this is personal? It is not. It's not all about YOU.

Why not simply accept that Trump lies more than most politicians and explain why you still love him, despite that? An honest answer would help.

finfinder wrote:So given that my response was to ask you to pick which non liar presidential candidate you would support, and you refused to answer.
That's not what this topic is about. That's not what this discussion is about. You are merely attempting to divert attention away from Trump, which has been proven to lie more than other politicians.

finfinder wrote:Did you prove something about me and that I lack intelligence or did I prove more about you.
This isn't about your feelings, or your intelligence. This is about facts.

Fact: Trump lies more than other politicians. Trump supporters don't seem to care that he lies, and even consistently deny that he does, or try to pretend that trump is joking, in order to make the lies more appetizing.
User avatar
By drguitar
#15061068
Only one person answered the original topic question for themselves:
BigSteve wrote:I believe he's honest.


It would have been nice if they would have answered the second question as well; maybe that one was too personal.

I often hear Trump supporters say, "All politicians lie." This argument is childish and naive. I cannot believe that they truly think any politician lies anywhere near a level like Trump. The sheer quantity and absurdity of his lying is mind boggling. The fact that he so easily lies to allied world leaders and the American public makes him a danger to our democracy by creating an unstable core to free nations around the world. But I digress.

Quite a few folks stood up for Trump in this topic. If they would be willing to answer the original questions, then we might all learn something about the importance (or lack of) of honest politicians among Trump supporters. And please refrain from off topic rants please.
Conflict in the USA?

This is the mechanism for suppressing social oppos[…]

@blackjack21 ; On Reagan and the Democrats; […]

Lastly, you, Sivad, used to actually "chug[…]

Technology is a *tool*, and it mostly addresses[…]