Impeachment in Wonderland - Page 13 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Harley wrote:No, it doesn't. Trump could gut the CIA tomorrow if he wants to.

The only reason he doesn't is that he's tired of all the liberal whining which occurs any time the guys does anything.

Yes, and the only reason Obama wasn't in any way progressive is because he also grew tired of all the conservatives whining when the guy did anything.

These amazing leaders "get tired of the opposition" and become exactly like the other party. Every time.
And we blame it on "tiredness due to whining." As in: dad is tired of mom's whining.

In this kind of infantile political atmosphere, Nancy Pelosi tearing a piece of paper, is frightening (did you drop your stuffed toy yet?).
Last edited by QatzelOk on 09 Feb 2020 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I have no doubt that Trump supporters love it when Trump does something vindictive with no evidence.

A President has every right to expect loyalty. You would, I would; anyone would. Vindman was someone who's loyalty was not above question.

Yes, it was.

No, it wasn't.

And it is a clear indicator that he does not respect the military.

Actions taken against one person do not reflect a person's impressions about the larger whole.

Disrespecting Vindman does not equate to disrespecting the military.
Harley wrote:A President has every right to expect loyalty. You would, I would; anyone would. Vindman was someone who's loyalty was not above question.

Good point. Al Capone and Lucky Luciano would.

Vindman has a twin brother. A great example of The incompetence of Donald and the Donald Gang that made me LOL was when both of them were tossed out the exit because Donald's goons could not tell the difference :lol: .
Harley wrote:A President has every right to expect loyalty. You would, I would; anyone would. Vindman was someone who's loyalty was not above question.

A soldier makes an oath of loyalty to the constitution, not the POTUS.

So no, the president should not expect soldiers to be loyal to him.

No, it wasn't.

Are you now saying that it was not Trump's prerogative to fire someone?

Lol.

Actions taken against one person do not reflect a person's impressions about the larger whole.

Disrespecting Vindman does not equate to disrespecting the military.

If Trump fired him because the soldier was more loyal to the constitution than the Prez, than Trump's criticism can be applied to the whole military.
Harley wrote:Trump could gut the CIA tomorrow if he wants to.The only reason he doesn't is

that the last guy to try that was JFK who fired the CIA's founder and director, Alan Dulles, and vowed to break the CIA into 1000 pieces. JFK ended up with his brains on the trunk of a car, compliments of Dulles who was even appointed to the phony Warren Commission to make sure the truth remained "officially" hidden.
I have read/seen weeks of this impeachment, with innumerable democrat senators and congress people saying they had personally discussed it with their opponents whom had privately held President Trump as being guilty and worried about him. Makes me wonder why only one man....only one...had the courage to say it publicly. Where is the Republican backbone?

@Pants-of-dog
If Trump fired him because the soldier was more loyal to the constitution than the Prez, than Trump's criticism can be applied to the whole military.

Remember, President Trump rewarded soldier(s) who had been court marshalled out of service. Consistent with his great love of political bullies.
Not guilty: Senate acquits Trump of impeachment charges

With Chief Justice John Roberts presiding, senators are sworn to do “impartial justice” stood and stated their votes for the roll call — “guilty” or “not guilty” — in a swift tally almost exclusively along party lines.

Trump, the chief justice then declared, shall “be, and is hereby, acquitted of the charges.”

What started as Trump’s request for Ukraine to “do us a favor” spun into a far-reaching, 28,000-page report compiled by House investigators accusing an American president of engaging in shadow diplomacy that threatened U.S. foreign relations for personal, political gain as he pressured the ally to investigate Democratic rival Joe Biden ahead of the next election.

https://www.wnct.com/news/national/not- ... t-charges/

'Dirty cops, leakers and liars': Trump on impeachment acquittal
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Repeating stupid doesn't make it any better. I a[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous[…]

Anomie: in societies or individuals, a conditi[…]

@FiveofSwords " black " Genetically[…]