House Manager Jerry Nadler Correctly Calls Trump A Dictator - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
late wrote:Already did, it's the Watergate case, and if you go looking for it, you will also find the ancillary stuff.

Time to do your homework.

No, when you cite case law you actually refer to a case by its name; "People vs. Jones", etc. You have to speak to the charges that were tried and who stood trial. Saying "the Watergate case" is far too broad a reference and is pretty meaningless.

I'll simply accept that you're unable to do that.
Indy wrote:
No, when you cite case law you actually refer to a case by its name; "People vs. Jones", etc. You have to speak to the charges that were tried and who stood trial. Saying "the Watergate case" is far too broad a reference and is pretty meaningless.

I'll simply accept that you're unable to do that.

You're being passive/aggressive. It's what children do.

You don't know what you're talking about, and you're too lazy to take a couple minutes to find out.
late wrote:You're being passive/aggressive. It's what children do.

You don't know what you're talking about, and you're too lazy to take a couple minutes to find out.

Again, I know exactly what I'm talking about.

You can't cite the case law because you don't know what it is.

Why do liberals like you opt for tap dancing when you don't know something when simple honesty will suffice?
Indy wrote:I would, but I need to go use the restroom.

Chances are good that I'll be bored with you upon my return.

If you are not interested in debate, this site is not for you.

So, we agree that Trump is deliberately trying to circumvent the system of checks and balances used to keep the USA from turning into a dictatorship.

You have agreed to that, and have now embraced the argument that the President has a right to do that.

And you have no support for your claim that the POTUS is allowed to do so.
Indy wrote:Last I checked, you do not make up the whole of this site.

I am quite interested in debate.

Just not with you.

I am not here to discuss you.

Now, if you cannot provide a quote from the Constitution, as you claim, then it is probable that the Constitution does not actually say that the POTUS gets to ignore checks and balances.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I am not here to discuss you.

You claimed I was not interested in debate.

That is factually incorrect. I 'm just not interested in debate with you because you're boring and predictable. I'll spend my time conversing with others.

Now, if you cannot provide a quote from the Constitution, as you claim, then it is probable that the Constitution does not actually say that the POTUS gets to ignore checks and balances.

Super.
To summarise the debate so far:

Trump has deliberately ignored congressional subpoenas.

Congressional subpoenas are part of congressional oversight, which is part of the system of checks and balances.

By ignoring them, Trump is deliberately trying to circumvent the system of checks and balances that protect US democracy.

Some people have agreed with this, but also claim that Trump is allowed to do so.

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isr[…]

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O