Bolton's book was leaked to the press - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The NYT has a pre-publication manuscript of Boltons upcoming book.

What he says is the same as what everyone else is saying, but this is the first time someone in the room with Trump has said so in public.

He said Trump had been involved in the scheme for several months before the "perfect phone call." Which in turn is supported by the recent release by Parnas of video of Trump talking about it close to a year before. That video is bizarre, real foreign policy is not done to benefit the president.

Bolton contradicts most of what Republicans have been saying.

I doubt this will change things much. But it will make the position of Susan Collins even more precarious. I am so hoping we can get rid of her.
late wrote:The NYT has a pre-publication manuscript of Boltons upcoming book.

What he says is the same as what everyone else is saying, but this is the first time someone in the room with Trump has said so in public.

He said Trump had been involved in the scheme for several months before the "perfect phone call." Which in turn is supported by the recent release by Parnas of video of Trump talking about it close to a year before. That video is bizarre, real foreign policy is not done to benefit the president.

Bolton contradicts most of what Republicans have been saying.

Anyone who writes a book, be they on the left or right, is suspect in my opinion. But I wouldn't be surprised to see the left try to use it as a basis for another impeachment after they fail in this impeachment.

I doubt this will change things much. But it will make the position of Susan Collins even more precarious. I am so hoping we can get rid of her.

Why do you hope we can get rid of her?
According to Wikipedia, Collins is considered by many as one of the most moderate senators in the Republican Party. I take that as she's one of the most neutral and professional senators.

Calling for her removal seems to be a sign that someone wants to annihilate Republican influence in American politics.
Can add this to the garbage heap of smoking gun breaking bombshell busts of the liberal media and its coordination with the Democrats. It's proof when liberals and the media challenge Trump supporters intelligence it is purely projection. I am still waiting for Adam Schiff's proof of Russian collusion. :roll: :lol:
Indy wrote:
Anyone who writes a book, be they on the left or right, is suspect in my opinion.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see the left try to use it as a basis for another impeachment after they fail in this impeachment.

Why do you hope we can get rid of her?

You don't need to make shit up, well, by implication. Dozens of people have said the same thing.

The Dem party is mostly Center/Right. If you live in the real world.

Because, like Snowe before her, she talks Dem and votes Republican. Her Kavanaugh vote was disgusting, and it's not hard to tell she has no intention of rocking the boat this time, either.

She looks better than the other Republicans because the party went straight to hell. If I was handing out grades, I'd give her a D. For over a century, Maine was famous for the quality of it's people. From the Civil War to George Mitchell making peace in Ireland, we weren't just world class, we showed how it was done.

King isn't bad, but he's not of that calibre. But Collins, by traditional Maine standards (and it doesn't have to be a Dem, Margaret Chase Smith was Republican), she is a pathetic loser.
I start to see that somebody here is having a hatred toward the Republican Party in the same scale of how most Hongkongers hate the Chinese Communist Party (and their agents in Hong Kong), if not more.

In fact, I have, for quite a long time (before 2008), equated the Republican Party to the Chinese Communist Party, as both of them have immense support from low-quality people.

IMHO violence is necessary to solve the hatred they get. I know most of them will not agree to use violence (and I am myself turned down on PoFo at least twice), but they are up against something too enormous and entangled.

If anything, it is Trump himself who has taught us that it always take crazy people to take crazy people down.
Indy wrote:
Apparently not.

After all, the citizens of Maine keep voting her into office.

Maine women vote preferentially for women. It's a 70s style feminism thing.

Maine Dems have finally got the memo and Gideon is female.

It wasn't the voters that made us great, the state just seemed to grow world class leaders.
Finfinder wrote:
To think that John Bolton of all people is going to save the republic on behalf of the Democrats supposedly from an unnamed source with he NYT, has got to be in the running for joke of the year.

Bolton is the source. The reporter has been all over the tv.

So there is a joke here, just that they aren't the ones that screwed up.

While the managers have to try and persuade Republicans in the Senate, Dems are painfully aware how corrupt and inept Republicans have become.
Finfinder wrote:To think that John Bolton of all people is going to save the republic on behalf of the Democrats supposedly from an unnamed source with he NYT, has got to be in the running for joke of the year.

Strange times make strange bedfellows.... :lol:
late wrote:Maine women vote preferentially for women. It's a 70s style feminism thing.

Maine Dems have finally got the memo and Gideon is female.

It wasn't the voters that made us great, the state just seemed to grow world class leaders.

None of that negates what I said, though.

She's not a loser. She's been elected to the Senate for the last 23 years.
Indy wrote:
None of that negates what I said, though.

She's not a loser. She's been elected to the Senate for the last 23 years.

Maine has a long history of punching way above our weight class.

She doesn't.
Patrickov wrote:both of them have immense support from low-quality people.

:eek:

Finfinder wrote:To think that John Bolton of all people is going to save the republic on behalf of the Democrats supposedly from an unnamed source with he NYT, has got to be in the running for joke of the year.

This is all hypothetically speaking:

It's easy to conceive a scenario where Bolton goes against Republicans, and it not be "on behalf" of Democrats. It is certainly possible that Bolton's loyalties are with the United States of American, and not the Republican part or Democrat Party. He doesn't HAVE to always side with any particular party you know....

Ultimately, everyone involved here should be thinking about America as a whole, and not their political party. Of course, this is not how it works in practice. Hell, you can't even conceive the Bolton could be acting out of personal motivations that are not necessarily to please either party. :lol:
Rancid wrote::eek:

That does not mean whoever supporting the CCP or the GOP are low-quality people, but most low-quality people of their respective countries do support them.
Patrickov wrote:That does not mean whoever supporting the CCP or the GOP are low-quality people, but most low-quality people of their respective countries do support them.

Indeed. They are both populist parties, who aim their appeal to the lowest members of society (as well as, paradoxically, the highest). The Communist Party has always done this, and the Republican Party is increasingly doing this. Their mass support is from the lowest and least educated members of the public, and it is from that support that they derive whatever legitimacy to rule which they possess. They actually rule, of course, in the interests of the highest members of their respective societies. Maintaining the wealth and position of their nations' elite groups is what both parties are about.

This is a lie. You're not that stupid or ignorant[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]