The fake trial ends with a fake acquital manana - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I think much of what is seen as problematic in your political system is tied to money. Regular people aren't doing their jobs because they spend the lion's share of their time trying to develop their war chests. And this was true before the introduction of these bloody awful superpacs.
blackjack21 wrote:
There are so many former Democrats/independents that have grown tired of where the Democratic party has gone. They see right through the whole charade. Take a millennial like Tim Pool. He can't stand Trump, but is constantly put in the position of defending him because of the outrageous behavior of the Democrats.

That's exactly where I'm at. The Democrats have gone so far off the rails that not only is Trump not a uniquely pernicious evil, he's not even the greater evil at this point. What the Democrats have done in empowering the deep state and whipping up frenzied McCarthyite anti-Russian hysteria in order to destroy Trump is so unbelievably ignorant and dangerous that they need to be severely chastised at the ballot box this November.
Sivad wrote:
McCarthyite

The CIA hated Joe McCarthy. He was making their job a lot more difficult.

All 17 of our current intel agencies, and several foreign intel agencies say Putin attacked them.

That's because he did.

Well, in the real world. Ever go there?
late wrote:The CIA hated Joe McCarthy.

The CIA is a corporation. It doesn't have feelings.

late wrote:All 17 of our current intel agencies, and several foreign intel agencies say Putin attacked them.

:roll: So you think the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency has a solid opinion on who hacked the DNC server? Coast Guard Intelligence? No government agency ever had an opportunity to analyze the DNC server. They just parroted the CrowdStrike report, so their position is just hearsay.

late wrote:That's because he did.

I'm pretty sure Putin doesn't have hacking skills.

late wrote:Well, in the real world. Ever go there?

You mean the real world where Donald Trump is president of the United States, and the effort to impeach him is going to result in an acquittal? That real world?
Stormsmith wrote:I think much of what is seen as problematic in your political system is tied to money. Regular people aren't doing their jobs because they spend the lion's share of their time trying to develop their war chests. And this was true before the introduction of these bloody awful superpacs.

Yea did hear that a firm run by ex Hillary Clinton aids was in charge of the app that caused the debacle in the Iowa Caucuses. :lol:
Politics_Observer wrote:@Harley

That's a good point you make. I do agree that Clinton broke the law and I like Clinton. But I am fair. He did break the law. But I also think the Republicans were playing a "gotcha" game with Clinton instead of trying to remove him over a serious violation of law like say treason for example. In my view, a sitting President should be able to be indicted and face criminal charges as any normal citizen. If a President violates the law, he should be handcuffed, arrested and be brought to trial immediately to face trial while the Vice President assumes the office of the Presidency. I don't understand why we should have this notion of impeachment.

A sitting President should simply be held to the same standards as your ordinary citizen who is not President. If he breaks the law, then he would have to immediately step down ASAP right then and there from the Office of the Presidency and face criminal charges while the next person in the chain of command assumes the Office of the Presidency. Representatives and Presidents should be held to the same standard as everybody else and should be punished for violating the law like everybody else. We shouldn't have double standards. But we do.

That being said, all we can do is see what the future will bring.

@Politics_Observer didn't you see that great classic film The Godfather? With Harley's avatar Al Pacino?

He has a great scene with Diane Keaton playing his wife. She makes a comment about his mafia dealings and power plays and he retorts about the nature of power and men and he is very right.

Don't be naive about thinking the rules of power are much different between a mafioso like Vito Corleone or Michael Corleone and a President. Lol. When under pressure they are gonna lie their asses off!

Here is the scene Politics:

blackjack21 wrote:I'm pretty sure Putin doesn't have hacking skills.

To be fair, leaders do not need to always to it by themselves. They can always hire or even inspire others to do the dirty work for them.

late wrote:That's Russian propaganda.

Tell me more. What is the Russian propaganda about CrowdStrike?
Patrickov wrote:
To be fair, leaders do not need to always to it by themselves. They can always hire or even inspire others to do the dirty work for them.

Tell me more. What is the Russian propaganda about CrowdStrike?

Putin has a variety of groups working his little cyberwar.

That it's Hungary's fault, not Putins. Time to do a little homework my passive/aggressive friend.
late wrote:That's Russian propaganda. Which tells us where you're proverbially coming from..

Ha ha ha! This whole thing has become a tragic comedy now. Schiff even closed his arguments by suggesting Trump could sell Alaska to Russia in exchange for Russian support in the 2020 election! :lol: He did this from the floor of the United States Senate no less! :knife: Schiff has clearly lost his mind. :hippy: Keep supporting him and this Russia horseshit. It's a good look for you. This impeachment fiasco could not have gone better for Trump. I'm sure for Trump it sucks to have to go through it, but when you can make your opponents look like paranoid crazies with the whole world watching, it's certainly worth it. I still cannot believe he tried fear mongering with outlandish scenarios on US senators. :eek: Trump can even use that craziness in campaign commercials.

I told you guys Trump would want this to happen. :muha1:

@Tainari88, I've always thought this was the better scene:

blackjack21 wrote:Ha ha ha! This whole thing has become a tragic comedy now. Schiff even closed his arguments by suggesting Trump could sell Alaska to Russia in exchange for Russian support in the 2020 election! :lol: He did this from the floor of the United States Senate no less! :knife: Schiff has clearly lost his mind. :hippy: Keep supporting him and this Russia horseshit. It's a good look for you. This impeachment fiasco could not have gone better for Trump. I'm sure for Trump it sucks to have to go through it, but when you can make your opponents look like paranoid crazies with the whole world watching, it's certainly worth it. I still cannot believe he tried fear mongering with outlandish scenarios on US senators. :eek: Trump can even use that craziness in campaign commercials.

I told you guys Trump would want this to happen. :muha1:

@Tainari88, I've always thought this was the better scene:

Oh Relampaguito, I do remember that scene. But even when I was a little girl? In 1972 I was six years old Relampaguito....I think I saw that movie when I was 11 years old in 1977. And I saw it again as a teen long ago...and I remember thinking that is how Americans believe naively in their nation can do no wrong. Lol.

If human beings are human beings? You bet that whatever horrors other human commit in other nations? The USA can or will do the same or worse in defense of their positions. Who knows when people will learn to realize that you either deal with some justice and some work and some intelligence managing human needs and human societies or you will be mired in defeat.

I don't know why people think they are the exception to the rule if they should know by now? That we are all connected Relampaguito like the iron in our blood pumping through our veins and hearts....all connected, all one, varied and changing, adapting and responding, living and breathing, thinking and believing.....but we refuse to acknowledge our oneness with nature and with ourselves...and we let ourselves believe we have no responsibilities to make this world for our future generations better....too wrapped up in ego and delusions of grandeur and thinking we get to live forever.....when we are just tiny specks of dust out there.....blown around and away by fate, chance and circumstance....might as well make life worth living for others....that is why we were born.

I guess I feel philosophical today Relampaguito.....

I hope you get your corazon someday Senor....te hace falta.
Tainari88 wrote:@Politics_Observer didn't you see that great classic film The Godfather? With Harley's avatar Al Pacino?

He has a great scene with Diane Keaton playing his wife. She makes a comment about his mafia dealings and power plays and he retorts about the nature of power and men and he is very right.

Don't be naive about thinking the rules of power are much different between a mafioso like Vito Corleone or Michael Corleone and a President. Lol. When under pressure they are gonna lie their asses off!

Here is the scene Politics:

Sure sounds like Boss Donald of the Donald Gang ordering a hit:

“Get rid of her!” Trump is heard saying, in response to Parnas’ suggestion that they get rid of the Ukraine ambassador. “Get her out tomorrow. I don’t care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. OK? Do it.”
jimjam wrote:Sure sounds like Boss Donald of the Donald Gang ordering a hit:

“Get rid of her!” Trump is heard saying, in response to Parnas’ suggestion that they get rid of the Ukraine ambassador. “Get her out tomorrow. I don’t care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. OK? Do it.”

I am thinking that man has fired many a person. But the day he might be fired? I don't think he will take it like a 'man'. He will whine, and kick and act like a toddler who did not get his favorite candy or toy and will give hell to anyone who tells him no.

I have never seen such a lack of innate dignity in a president in my entire life. That man is a disgrace and it makes the USA a place of total naked crass lack of dignity.
Tainari88 wrote:I am thinking that man has fired many a person. But the day he might be fired? I don't think he will take it like a 'man'. He will whine, and kick and act like a toddler who did not get his favorite candy or toy and will give hell to anyone who tells him no.

I have never seen such a lack of innate dignity in a president in my entire life. That man is a disgrace and it makes the USA a place of total naked crass lack of dignity.

My Mom died after about 3 terrifying years suffering from dementia. I really do see signs of dementia growing in Fatso's brain. Dementia is, of course, not the reason that Fatso is a disgusting specimen of the human race. That has been obvious for years. Dementia will simply elevate his con job a new level of hatred and insanity.

Did you see his class act at the House of Representatives yesterday where he refused to shake his hostess' Nancy's hand? This simply shows what the world already knew: America now stands for hatred and revenge …. not love and forgiveness. It seems Nancy whipped his ass and he, being the big strong man that he is, is having difficulty with that particular reality :lol: .
jimjam wrote:Did you see his class act at the House of Representatives yesterday where he refused to shake his hostess' Nancy's hand? This simply shows what the world already knew: America now stands for hatred and revenge …. not love and forgiveness.

What did you think of Trump's handshake with Vice President Pence?

It seems Nancy whipped his ass and he, being the big strong man that he is, is having difficulty with that particular reality :lol: .

Yeah, she whipped his ass. He's been acquitted; found not guilty. Three-plus years of wasted effort now rest squarely on her shoulders.

I can only imagine how painful that is for you. I also don't really care.
Harley wrote:Yeah, she whipped his ass. He's been acquitted; found not guilty

Donald J. Trump 45th POTUS *

*Impeached (forever) :lol:

Harley wrote:Three-plus years of wasted effort now rest squarely on her shoulders.

She's been Speaker for 1 plus years. And Donald DID manage to grant a giant tax cut to billionaires.

Harley wrote:I also don't really care

Oh my! :)

Enough of this nonsense. Time for my nap.
jimjam wrote:Donald J. Trump 45th POTUS *

*Impeached (forever) :lol:

Democrats seem to be putting a lot of weight on this, but the reality is that it's no different than someone being indicted with a crime and then being acquitted. Sure, the person was once indicted, but ultimately exonerated.

Besides, it doesn't seem to have hurt Clinton.

I'm streaming CBS right now, and I'm loving how all of these liberal talking heads are saying that Trump got under Pelosi's skin (as well as that of all Democrats) and, as evidenced by her tearing up his speech, had finally cracked.
Harley wrote:Democrats seem to be putting a lot of weight on this, but the reality is that it's no different than someone being indicted with a crime and then being acquitted. Sure, the person was once indicted, but ultimately exonerated.

Besides, it doesn't seem to have hurt Clinton.

I'm streaming CBS right now, and I'm loving how all of these liberal talking heads are saying that Trump got under Pelosi's skin (as well as that of all Democrats) and, as evidenced by her tearing up his speech, had finally cracked.

Exactly correct.

I remember, years ago, a Congressman whose name I can't remember, in California, being indicted on a charge I have no hope of ever remembering.

He was acquitted.

The acquittal is what matters. Ten years from now, I promise you, if you ask the average high school sophomore what Presidents have been impeached, they won't know.

Why?

Because those who have been impeached have been acquitted.

Which is another observation:

During the trial, the Dems kept saying "During the Clinton trial; yadayadayada, using that as a reason for why whatever they wanted should be allowed.

Well, Clinton was acquitted so, in keeping with the train of the though of the left, they should be more than willing to accept Trump's exoneration.
Indy wrote:Which is another observation:

During the trial, the Dems kept saying "During the Clinton trial; yadayadayada, using that as a reason for why whatever they wanted should be allowed.

Well, Clinton was acquitted so, in keeping with the train of the though of the left, they should be more than willing to accept Trump's exoneration.

Very true.

Those on the left will minimize Clinton's impeachment, yet they're ready to sew a big red "I" on the front of every suit Trump owns.

Somehow, to Democrats, Trump being impeached is bad. Not so for Clinton. He's praised to this day.
aww gee the Queen of the Democrats during the impeachment trial was lying through her teeth

The former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine "1000%" misled Congress during last year's impeachment hearings when she claimed she didn't know much about the controversial Burisma Holdings company and the Justice Department needs to investigate, Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y., says.

Zeldin reacted Thursday after documents published by Just the News earlier this week showed Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch met with a Burisma representative, received correspondence from the Ukraine gas company that hired Hunter Biden and received a detailed briefing on the matter during the 2016 election.

Yovanovitch, testifying before the House Intelligence Committee's impeachment inquiry last fall, said that she knew little about the company, especially as it pertained to the Biden. She testified most of what she knew was from a briefing before she headed to run the U.S. embassy in Kiev and from news reports.

The former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine "1000%" misled Congress during last year's impeachment hearings when she claimed she didn't know much about the controversial Burisma Holdings company and the Justice Department needs to investigate, Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y., says.

“It just wasn’t a big deal,” she said under oath.

Hunter Biden is the son of former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential nominee. He served on the Burisma board, and his firm received roughly $3.4 million in fees from the company. Critics argue Biden had little expertise in that area and got the job because of his political connections.

Zeldin, an intelligence committee member who led the questioning during some of Yovanovitch's testimony, told the John Solomon Reports podcast that “It was unbelievable” that she and others “were acting as if they didn’t know anything about this.”

Amid the now publicly available documentation — including letters, briefing materials, and emails for Yovanovitch pertaining to Hunter Biden’s ties to Burisma and the gas firm's efforts to rehab its reputation for corruption — questions are being raised about whether she misled Congress when she claimed to have no more than slight, superficial knowledge of Burisma based largely on press accounts.

Zeldin emphatically believes she did, saying, “1000%, there’s no other way to cut it. ... It would be unbelievable to try to imagine that Ambassador Yovanovitch, Princeton-educated, well regarded for her intellect by many who speak out strongly on her behalf, that she would forget every single one of these meetings, discussions, emails, all of that traffic that is documented.”

“That she would not remember any of it," Zeldin said, "that’s just not possible.”

Yovanovitch and her lawyer Lawrence Robbins did not respond to emailed requests for comment this week.

When asked about what options Congress has for holding accountable Yovanovitch and others who might have given evasive testimony, Zeldin said that he’s viewing this “as part of a larger issue … of people lying to Congress.”

“There should be investigations and accountability,” he said, suggesting DOJ should investigate.

“If the tables were turned, and it was [former Director of National Intelligence] James Clapper lying and [former U.N. Ambassador Samantha] Power lying and these others lying, to take out a President Hillary Clinton or a President Barack Obama ... there would undoubtedly be perjury investigations,” he said. “There need to be consequences about double standards.”

For Yovanovitch specifically, Zeldin said that an investigation would require figuring out if the ambassador had reviewed any of the documents that she claimed to have no recollection of receiving. If it can be determined that she did review them, it becomes easier to prove that she lied to Congress.

Zeldin said “it’s illegal for someone to come testify before Congress and lie, but there’s no consequences if Congress itself lies.”

Zeldin was referring to California Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee.

“We know what should happen right now between now and November as far as accountability for Adam Schiff,” Zeldin said. “There should be a censure, there should be a resignation. He should lose his gavel … But Nancy Pelosi isn’t going to do that. The reason why Adam Schiff is the chair of this committee is to do exactly what he’s done ... He’s such a good liar.”

https://justthenews.com/accountability/ ... d-congress
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

For the Western leftist, kidnapping, rape, tortur[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

How was my take empathetic? I was specifically i[…]

meh, we're always in crsis.

It's not my fault the left has been justifying the[…]