What is it exactly that is wrong with the DNC? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The Mariner wrote:No, Ter is right. Name a single thing that Trump is in favor of which Democrats also support completely. I can't think of anything.

The Democratic establishment is in lockstep with Trump on ramping up US military funding, permanently renewing the Patriot Act, and supporting right wing coups in South America, to name just a few things.

Most of the Democratic party's opposition to Trump is performative and toothless. It plays brilliantly to the baying rubes who watch cable news though, I'll give them that.
The Mariner wrote:
That's the biggest bunch of "makin' no sense" that I've ever read.

Given the tenor of your recent posts, I doubt that very much.

What we seem to be discussing is a willingness to compromise.

In that regard, there is simply no question that Republicans are a lot less interested in compromise.

We can go over the details, Trump derailing agreements, why McConnell calls himself the Grim Reaper.

But the reality is the government was designed to run on compromise, and there isn't much getting done because Republicans won't deal.
The Mariner wrote:Frankly, I'd like to see Trump come out and say he's in favor of gun control.

Trump supports gun control as does the whole of the Republican establishment. Their contempt for the second amendment beggars belief. They just don't support the extreme levels of gun control that the Democrats support. Either you believe in the second amendment and the potential of the people or you don't. Believing in the people is not the same thing as patronising the people. A true second amendment believer must condemn Japanese Americans for not applying their second amendments and resisting internment.
Rich wrote:Trump supports gun control as does the whole of the Republican establishment. Their contempt for the second amendment beggars belief. They just don't support the extreme levels of gun control that the Democrats support. Either you believe in the second amendment and the potential of the people or you don't. Believing in the people is not the same thing as patronising the people. A true second amendment believer must condemn Japanese Americans for not applying their second amendments and resisting internment.

My comment about Trump supporting gun control was actually tongue-in-cheek.
Obviously there have to be limits, private citizens shouldn't have nuclear weapons, but if you're serious about the 2nd amendment then at a minimum it means allowing heavy machine guns, anti tank and anti aircraft weaponry. I don't mind people opposing the second amendment so much just pretending to support it when they don't. I don't particularly have a problem with people who want to flush the American Constitution down the toilet as long as they are honest about it. But if you respect the American Constitution then the 2nd Amendment has to be respected until it is abolished by the proper constitutional means.
Rich wrote:
Obviously there have to be limits, private citizens shouldn't have nuclear weapons, but if you're serious about the 2nd amendment then at a minimum it means allowing heavy machine guns, anti tank and anti aircraft weaponry. I don't mind people opposing the second amendment so much just pretending to support it when they don't. I don't particularly have a problem with people who want to flush the American Constitution down the toilet as long as they are honest about it. But if you respect the American Constitution then the 2nd Amendment has to be respected until it is abolished by the proper constitutional means.

That is what we in the real world call fiction.

I liked to a book above, which isn't fiction.
The Mariner wrote:Wait a minute.

Carville's alive?

:lol: :lol:

Gollum never dies!

Heisenberg wrote:The Democratic establishment is in lockstep with Trump on ramping up US military funding, permanently renewing the Patriot Act, and supporting right wing coups in South America, to name just a few things.

Yes. Pelosi made sure to applaud Juan Guaido.

late wrote:That is what we in the real world call fiction.

I liked to a book above, which isn't fiction.

Somewhat off-topic, but why do you always put carriage returns after each sentence? Do you have something against paragraphs?
I like how the OP is already calling the next midterms. That's some confidence!

Heisenberg wrote:The Democratic establishment is in lockstep with Trump on ramping up US military funding, permanently renewing the Patriot Act, and supporting right wing coups in South America, to name just a few things.

Most of the Democratic party's opposition to Trump is performative and toothless. It plays brilliantly to the baying rubes who watch cable news though, I'll give them that.

Both the people who cheered and jeered Nancy tearing up a copy of the president's speech mystify me. I saw some dumb Boomer photoshops of Nancy tearing up a copy of the Constitution and my reaction was, "Lol, actually, that would have owned."

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Actually it is unknown whether humans and chimps […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]