Is there any way to fix the white working class? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
English isn't my first language so forgive me if i'm not very coherent.

It just seems like year of Cold Wat propaghanda and Old Condederate values have left a group of people incaple of developing any class conscious and actually standing up to the American Elites in any meaning way.
It's called 'neutering', not "fixing". ;)

That aside, you aren't wrong. Taking up old, out-dated values(many of them racist and ignorant) isn't helping anyone.

The solution isn't being applied, and in fact, only decreasing corporate taxes is working against the working class.

People want to go back to the 60s when the working class was doing great, but then they forget the corporate taxes were very high, inflation was low, and people had great buying power. They could live on an average job, and even afford a car and a house.
SolarCross wrote:
I think you will find it is actually the libtards who are broken. :lol:

The funny thing is when you go out and survey the different working class ethnic groups you find that white people are the least bigoted and most tolerant, socially liberal group out of all of them. Black people are the least socially liberal group, they only vote democrat because they like the welfare state. So the white working class is the group that's in the least need of "fixing".

Ronald Reagan said the "most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help" but he was wrong. The most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm a managerial liberal elitist and I'm here to fix you'.
Sivad wrote:Ronald Reagan said the "most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help" but he was wrong. The most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm a managerial liberal elitist and I'm here to fix you'.

I prefer Slavoj Zizek's take on the severed relationship between university PC warriors, and the working class who make everything in society function:

Slavoj Zizek wrote:...the worst imaginable stance is the one of some Western “radical Leftists” who tend to write off the working class in developed countries as a “workers’ aristocracy” living off the exploitation of developing countries and caught in racist-chauvinist ideologies. In their view, the only radical change can come from “nomadic proletarians” (immigrants and the poor of the Third World) as a revolutionary agent (maybe linked to some impoverished middle-class intellectuals in developed countries) – but does this diagnosis hold?

In this passage, he mocks the pie-in-the-sky notions of "Western liberal leftists" who think it's normal to abandon the working class of their own communities and try to find common cause with "others" who are not from the working class, or are not from their own culture.
So Zizek expressed his opinion of Maoism-Third Worldism.

Wikipedia about Maoism-Third Worldism wrote:There is no general consensus on part of Maoist–Third Worldists as a whole. However, the majority of proponents typically argue for the centrality of anti-imperialism to the victory of global communist revolution as well as against the idea that the working class in the First World is majority-exploited (sometimes arguing that it experiences no exploitation at all) and therefore it is not a part of the international proletariat.

As a matter of fact Western radical Leftists and Progressives always reminded me of Maoists somehow.

Last edited by Beren on 15 Feb 2020 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
@QatzelOk

^ "severed" implies there was once a join or connection. I think the reality is there never was such a thing. The dregs of the middle class who are attracted to subversiveness as a rebellion against their more talented and competent class mates never had any connection at all with those "below" them. Their pretence to care was always a pretence.
QatzelOk wrote: Slavoj Zizek's on PC warriors and the working class :

"In their view, the only radical change can come from “nomadic proletarians” (immigrants and the poor of the Third World) as a revolutionary agent"

They're right about that, the only way they're ever going to be able to take over Western society is by flooding it with backward peasants that they can control through clientelist politics. But they're not gonna actually help these people, they're just gonna set themselves up as the new bosses. This isn't about liberating people, it's about overthrowing the current ruling class and establishing a prog nomenklatura in its place.

In this passage, he mocks the pie-in-the-sky notions of "Western liberal leftists" who think it's normal to abandon the working class of their own communities and try to find common cause with "others" who are not from the working class, or are not from their own culture.

It's only pie in sky if you think these jokers are actually interested in helping people. They don't give a fuck about people. They don't give a fuck about anything but power, and they get their power by cynically exploitating the class struggle.
Sivad wrote:They're right about that, the only way they're ever going to be able to take over Western society is by flooding it with backward peasants that they can control through clientelist politics.

They think that is how it will work for them, but muslims are impossible to control. If anything the muslims will repurpose them as slaves and catamites.
Sivad wrote:

It's only pie in sky if you think these jokers are actually interested in helping people. They don't give a fuck about people. They don't give a fuck about anything but power, and they get their power by cynically exploitating the class struggle.

Project much?

Dems have been working on universal health care since the 1970s. We're still working on it.

Since you don't pay attention, Dems knew passing Obamacare would cost them big in the next election. And it did.

They passed it knowing a lot of them would lose their seats.

They passed the Civil Rights Act knowing they would get murdered in the next election.

Of course, that's in the real world. Even been there?
I would argue that it's not just the white working class that willingly sacrifices itself to defend the power/business/cultural elites. It's the poor/uneducated class that does this, which includes whites, but is not limited to whites.
SolarCross wrote:
You think you can control muslims? How with a scolding? They'll chop your head off in the street.

The reason we intercept most Muslim plots is other Muslims.

Our Muslims have assimilated faster than the average, and there is simply nothing to support your assertion here.

The reasons for that is more than obvious. This isn't the Middle East, silly wabbit.
late wrote:The reason we intercept most Muslim plots is other Muslims.

Our Muslims have assimilated faster than the average, and there is simply nothing to support your assertion here.

The reasons for that is more than obvious. This isn't the Middle East, silly wabbit.

Islam made the Middle East what it is, given the chance it will do the same to the west. Silly wabbit yourself.
SolarCross wrote:
Islam made the Middle East what it is, given the chance it will do the same to the west. Silly wabbit yourself.

You imply they won't assimilate.

They are assimiliating faster than the average here, and they are assimilating in europe. Europe could speed that up easily.

This isn't rocket science. In an OECD country, give people a chance, and they will get a job and assimilate.

You can panic later.

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]