Is there any way to fix the white working class? - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
SolarCross wrote:@Pants-of-dog
So you can not prove your racist claim that white people are skeptical of the gender pay gap hustle?

Since I never made that claim, and it seems like it is off topic, I am going to ignore this criticism.
Donna wrote:It's amazing how religiously fanatical white Americans are about denying what they did to the blacks and natives. Again, America isn't exempt from history.

There was no such thing as Blacks, Black identity only exists because of the actions of Europeans. The same with the Native American identity. Marxists constantly spread their lies. I was just watching the BBC's Rome series again. There's a nice Brown guy being attacked by an evil white Roman. The Brown guy says he's a Hindu. You see what I mean by the relentless lying propaganda of Cultural Marxism. There was no Hindu identity back in Caesar's day. Its only the actions of White Europeans that have allowed a Hindu identity to form.
Rich wrote:
There was no such thing as Blacks, Black identity only exists because of the actions of Europeans. The same with the Native American identity. Marxists constantly spread their lies. I was just watching the BBC's Rome series again. There's a nice Brown guy being attacked by an evil white Roman. The Brown guy says he's a Hindu. You see what I mean by the relentless lying propaganda of Cultural Marxism. There was no Hindu identity back in Caesar's day. Its only the actions of White Europeans that have allowed a Hindu identity to form.

Apparently all those people don't have a culture to call their own, and be part of their identity..
Indy wrote:But where is your proof to show that this is all done at the expense of black people?

I guess I heed to repeat myself, but more clearly.

I should have said:

"This is because white working class people get paid more than black working class people, have more job security than black working class people , and have a much better chance of getting a job than black working class people."
Pants-of-dog wrote:I guess I heed to repeat myself, but more clearly.

I should have said:

"This is because white working class people get paid more than black working class people, have more job security than black working class people , and have a much better chance of getting a job than black working class people."

All of those are arguable and situationally dependent.
Indy wrote:You haven't provided anything to support your claim, so there's nothing for me to argue.

I was pointing out that there has been racism directed to working class people of colour during US history, and that this continues to the present day.

Do you disagree?
Pants-of-dog wrote:I was pointing out that there has been racism directed to working class people of colour during US history, and that this continues to the present day.

Do you disagree?

Somewhat, yes, I do disagree.

I'm as white as the driven snow. If I go to barber college, and then try to get a job at a south Bronx barber shop, and there's one of my black barber college classmates also trying to get that job, who do you think is getting hired?

He and I have been taught the same things and have the same qualifications for that job, but I'll be the one walking out without the job.
Pants-of-dog wrote:
I was pointing out that there has been racism directed to working class people of colour during US history, and that this continues to the present day.

Do you disagree?

He has less than nothing, and he knows it.

So he will continue to dodge, or if he's smart, go to a coffee shop and let time bury this.
Indy wrote:Somewhat, yes, I do disagree.

I'm as white as the driven snow. If I go to barber college, and then try to get a job at a south Bronx barber shop, and there's one of my black barber college classmates also trying to get that job, who do you think is getting hired?

He and I have been taught the same things and have the same qualifications for that job, but I'll be the one walking out without the job.

That makes sense, considering how important barber shops are to the black community.

But since you would have preferred hiring in any barber shop that was not specifically a black barber shop, this is not an example of racism against you, nor does it contrasts the fact that working class POC deal with racism and have done so in the past.
Pants-of-dog wrote:That makes sense, considering how important barber shops are to the black community.

They're no more or less important than they are in the white community. Your comment is silly.

But that notwithstanding, if the black guy gets hired because he's black, that's racism. You know damn well if we were going for a job in a white neighborhood and I got hired and the black guy didn't, there would be cries of racism.

But since you would have preferred hiring in any barber shop that was not specifically a black barber shop, this is not an example of racism against you, nor does it contrasts the fact that working class POC deal with racism and have done so in the past.

Again, you haven't supported your argument. You may very well be correct, but there's no reason to believe that you are.
Indy wrote:They're no more or less important than they are in the white community. Your comment is silly.

No.

You should do some research.

But that notwithstanding, if the black guy gets hired because he's black, that's racism. You know damn well if we were going for a job in a white neighborhood and I got hired and the black guy didn't, there would be cries of racism.

No, it is not racism, because of the unique role that barbershops play in black communities.

And you would also have more opportunities than your black counterpart in almost any other barbershop.

Again, you haven't supported your argument. You may very well be correct, but there's no reason to believe that you are.

If you do not want to believe that racism is real, go ahead.
Pants-of-dog wrote:No.

You should do some research.

Well, if you're unable to make your point, I'm not going to make it for you. I'll just go ahead and accept that you're unable to.

No, it is not racism, because of the unique role that barbershops play in black communities.

It absolutely is racism, but believe what you will.

And you would also have more opportunities than your black counterpart in almost any other barbershop.

You've presented nothing which would support such an opinion, so I'll ignore that comment.

But what about, say, a convenience store in Harlem? Or a dry cleaner or a gas station or a pawn shop? I would largely suspect that a black guy would be hired to work in any of those before I was.

If you do not want to believe that racism is real, go ahead.

I've never said racism wasn't real.
Indy wrote:Well, if you're unable to make your point, I'm not going to make it for you. I'll just go ahead and accept that you're unable to.

It absolutely is racism, but believe what you will.

You've presented nothing which would support such an opinion, so I'll ignore that comment.

But what about, say, a convenience store in Harlem? Or a dry cleaner or a gas station or a pawn shop? I would largely suspect that a black guy would be hired to work in any of those before I was.

I've never said racism wasn't real.

Do you have an argument?

As far as I can tell, you are simply giving me all the reasons you want for not doing anything about racism or the issues that face working class people.

This is exactly what I am claiming is happening, and you are providing a great example.

I would also say that the extreme Left can be j[…]

https://media.gq.com/photos/65d4b3d8[…]

So we agree that it is not simply carte blanche an[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we[…]