The new lies - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By late
It took a while to figure this one out.

The grim media stunt yesterday had a chart.

The chart said we would have between 100K and 200(plus) dead.

And then Brix said that would be the case if everything went perfectly. That was the lie...

Perfect means a lockdown, which Trump doesn't want to do. Perfect means the idiot governors get with the program. Which isn't going to happen soon enough.

So we'll prob blow past 200K dead.

The other lie isn't really new, but since Trump does it every day now, it deserves a mention.

A quarter century ago, the medical community tried to get us to do pandemic preparedness. We while we didn't do enough, both Bush2 and Obama increased our pandemic preparedness.

Both the CIA and the CDC told Trump trouble was coming our way. He blew them off.

The head of the NSC is supposed to warn the public. Which she did, and Trump got rid of her. And the NSC pandemic team...

We should gotten serious a month ago, at the latest. Several weeks ago would have been a lot better. We are going to get it worse than Wuhan, worse than Italy.

The only question is how much.
By blackjack21
late wrote:The head of the NSC is supposed to warn the public. Which she did, and Trump got rid of her.

Huh. I always thought John Bolton was a man. :?:
By late
blackjack21 wrote:
Huh. I always thought John Bolton was a man.

Beth Cameron.

"When President Trump took office in 2017, the White House’s National Security Council Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense survived the transition intact...

One year later, I was mystified when the White House dissolved the office, leaving the country less prepared for pandemics like covid-19.

The U.S. government’s slow and inadequate response to the new coronavirus underscores the need for organized, accountable leadership to prepare for and respond to pandemic threats.

In a health security crisis, speed is essential. When this new coronavirus emerged, there was no clear White House-led structure to oversee our response, and we lost valuable time..."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/nsc-pandemic-office-trump-closed/2020/03/13/a70de09c-6491-11ea-acca-80c22bbee96f_story.html

The Cult keeps trying to make excuses, it's pretty much all they can do, at this point. But this is a no brainer. Losing that team degraded our ability to respond, which you can see from the blind thrashing from the White House since then.

The weird thing is those excuses throw more blame at Trump. While not your intent, the more capable the NSC is, the more that means Trump was keeping pandemic experts from responding.

You also missed my main point, that we're gonna blow past 200K.
By ness31
@late, I bet you have that t-shirt that says “Not My President” in every colour of the rainbow :D
By late
ness31 wrote:
@late, I bet you have that t-shirt that says “Not My President” in every colour of the rainbow :D

None.

I don't put bumper stickers on my cars, either.

But I am thinking about getting this for the yard:

By late
Sivad wrote:
No such animal.

Attempt 983,456,598 to portray Biden as being as bad as Trump.

We look forward to attempt 983,456,599.
By Sivad
late wrote:Attempt 983,456,598 to portray Biden as being as bad as Trump.

you think rapey fingers Joe is functional? :lol:
By ness31
I wasn’t aware of Joe Biden’s, um, ‘issues’ and I’m not sure if his confusion is a proper cognitive problem, but the man is surely tired. He’s in his mid seventies or something? We’re shutting down the global economy for the elderly and yet you have the most undignified deterioration of an elder on your TVs every night. Odd.
By Sivad
Joe Biden may be

ness31 wrote:I wasn’t aware of Joe Biden’s, um, ‘issues’

rapey fingered

and I’m not sure if his confusion is a proper cognitive problem,

and senile

but the man is surely tired.

and decrepit, but he's an establishment stooge and deluded idiots think that voting for an establishment stooge makes them the very serious sober minded adults they presume to be. It's ironic how all these super sophisticated liberals conceive adulthood in the exact same way little children do. :lol:

The silly asses even regard official experts in the same way little children regard adults: as authorities who always know better and must be obeyed. :lol:
By Hindsite
ness31 wrote:I wasn’t aware of Joe Biden’s, um, ‘issues’ and I’m not sure if his confusion is a proper cognitive problem, but the man is surely tired. He’s in his mid seventies or something? We’re shutting down the global economy for the elderly and yet you have the most undignified deterioration of an elder on your TVs every night. Odd.

Is Joe Biden Losing His Mind?

Biden's Disastrous TV Appearance Shows He's Unfit To Lead In A Crisi

Joe Biden's Brain is Melting
By Patrickov
Hindsite wrote:Is Joe Biden Losing His Mind?

Biden's Disastrous TV Appearance Shows He's Unfit To Lead In A Crisi

Joe Biden's Brain is Melting

While Biden's rise to candidacy has already made me uneasy, spewing out propaganda videos like the above adds no value to it.

I will wait and see who does he (?) choose as running mate -- assuming that his brain is indeed melting, it will be up to the vice president to take up matters.
By ness31
Yeah, I’d say the man is just very tired from the demands of the campaign trail. He can’t be that cognitively impaired because look how quickly he saved himself from the “poor kids are just as bright as white kids” gaffe :lol: That’s some thinking on your feet right there lol..
By late
Sivad wrote:
you think Joe is functional?

He isn't the guy that lost about a trillion before he became president.

He's the guy that worked in a White House that wasn't a disaster.

He's the guy with a generation of political experience.

He's also not the guy that actually committed rape.

And the killer? He can actually understand shit. He can read. And he doesn't do daily tantrums when he doesn't get his way.
By Hindsite
late wrote:He isn't the guy that lost about a trillion before he became president.

Biden was never smart enough to make a trillion or even a billion.

He's the guy that worked in a White House and whispered to Obama that the passing of Obamacare was a "fucking big deal."

He's the guy with a generation of political experience that had to drop out of the 1988 presidential race for plagiarism.

He's also the guy that actually made a racist comment about America’s soon-to-be first black president as "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”

And the killer? He has dementia and either begins a shouting match or challenges those that disagree with him to a push-up contest or sometimes threatens to beat them up.
By late
Hindsite wrote:
Biden was never smart enough to make a trillion or even a billion.

Half of that came from Trump's dad, the rest was other people's money.

I think I goofed, it was billion, not trillion. But reality was he blew Dad's money straight to hell, and then his investor's money, and stiffed thousands of people he owed. I wonder if there is anyone else on the planet that has been party to thousands of court cases.

What kept him going was doing things like money laundering for criminals. After he became toxic, and no bank would touch him, he focused on getting Russian money.

And yes, Biden can do the job, Trump clearly cannot.
By Hindsite
late wrote:And yes, Biden can do the job, Trump clearly cannot.

That's got to be a new lie or a joke. :lol:
By Rancid
I'm curious what qualifications does @late have to be able ot validate/invalidate the models?
By late
Hindsite wrote:
That's got to be a new lie or a joke.

Binary system.

Which is a joke in poor taste...

But it's also the deal on the table, so pick your poison.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Again, there is a difference between in situ concr[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ay43E94W58 :D […]

Safe zones are indeed not safe if Hamas takes over[…]

You don't remember he was selling presidential tr[…]