It is time for Biden to step aside - Page 32 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Donna wrote:Either white America will acknowledge its privilege and begin a serious reconciliation process with African-Americans or I'm afraid to say that the republic will probably break up.

Having white Americans getting down on their knees in front of black people a reciting a creed of antiracism is not enough.

Can you describe the reconciliation in three sentences? What are white people supposed to do? Will Asians or Indian immigrants be included?
Julian658 wrote: FOr example my wife told me this woman Gabriel Reese is supposed to be black: :knife: :knife: :knife:

I think it is time for you to take your wife to the eye doctor (or psychiatrist). You should drive until vision problems have been ruled out :lol: .

Sir, you are obsessed with race. I can hardly hold myself to read most of your posts any longer, I just saw that line stick out and thought it would be funny :lol: .
Julian658 wrote:Having white Americans getting down on their knees in front of black people a reciting a creed of antiracism is not enough.

Can you describe the reconciliation in three sentences? What are white people supposed to do? Will Asians or Indian immigrants be included?

A model of reconciliation as a political process already exists in Canada with regard to Indigenous peoples. It informs the national discourse surrounding Indigenous issues and guarantees Indigenous input in a wide variety of policy areas. It also included a formal apology on behalf of the Canadian government for racist policies it supported in the past. A similar institution should exist in the United States, both on a federal and state-side level. Budgets, policing, education, jobs and wages, etc., these are all areas that should as a rule automatically consider its impact on African-American communities and it should include a vetoing prerogative and a permanent process of input from the black community.

To a certain extent this has already begun, which is why even Republican governors have started to remove confederate flags and monuments. They realize that the union is actually at stake here.
Donna wrote: They realize that the union is actually at stake here.

Do they? or they are just responding to political pressure and having to face a less than happy electorate during the next elections? You make it seem as if they are some patriotic bunch :lol: ...
XogGyux wrote:Do they? or they are just responding to political pressure and having to face a less than happy electorate during the next elections? You make it seem as if they are some patriotic bunch :lol: ...

Well, even Mississippi of all places has committed to removing the confederate flag symbol from the state flag and they haven't had a Democratic governor since 2004.
Donna wrote:Well, even Mississippi of all places has committed to removing the confederate flag symbol from the state flag and they haven't had a Democratic governor since 2004.

Corporations were already taking some action in part due to general outrage. Follow the money. I think they smelled blood in the water and decided to get out before the sharks show up :lol: .
XogGyux wrote:Corporations were already taking some action in part due to general outrage. Follow the money. I think they smelled blood in the water and decided to get out before the sharks show up :lol: .

Well, that's my point. They see the writing on the wall. But I suppose I erroneously implied Republican governors actually care about the union, which is definitely not the case. lol
Donna wrote:A model of reconciliation as a political process already exists in Canada with regard to Indigenous peoples. It informs the national discourse surrounding Indigenous issues and guarantees Indigenous input in a wide variety of policy areas. It also included a formal apology on behalf of the Canadian government for racist policies it supported in the past. A similar institution should exist in the United States, both on a federal and state-side level. Budgets, policing, education, jobs and wages, etc., these are all areas that should as a rule automatically consider its impact on African-American communities and it should include a vetoing prerogative and a permanent process of input from the black community.

To a certain extent this has already begun, which is why even Republican governors have started to remove confederate flags and monuments. They realize that the union is actually at stake here.

I will admit that there is fear of not been woke or PC. I don't disagree with what you state above, but at the end of the day there will be a need for the black people of America to say: "fuck them, we can take care of ourselves as long as there is an even playing field". We already had two major events that have not delivered. The 1964-65 acts by congress and the election of Obama. To that you can add affirmative action and set asides business for minorities only. There are many other countless programs to diminish poverty and poor education that have worked very poorly.

You can add more to your demands and still nothing will work as well as self determination and reliance.

I can also see the immigrants, Hispanics, Muslims, the LGBTQIA, white feminists etc claiming to be among the oppressed to claim the benefits that should only go to black people.
Julian658 wrote:I will admit that there is fear of not been woke or PC. I don't disagree with what you state above, but at the end of the day there will be a need for the black people of America to say: "fuck them, we can take care of ourselves as long as there is an even playing field". We already had two major events that have not delivered. The 1964-65 acts by congress and the election of Obama. To that you can add affirmative action and set asides business for minorities only. There are many other countless programs to diminish poverty and poor education that have worked very poorly.

You can add more to your demands and still nothing will work as well as self determination and reliance.

I can also see the immigrants, Hispanics, Muslims, the LGBTQIA, white feminists etc claiming to be among the oppressed to claim the benefits that should only go to black people.

What are your thoughts on reparations? :excited:
Donna wrote:What are your thoughts on reparations? :excited:

I do not have an objection. If I was king I would write anyone that can prove to be a descendant of slaves a million dollar check. However, I would then state:"OK. we are done with this issue". I would certainly expect the case to be close and move on.
Donna wrote:What are your thoughts on reparations? :excited:

As I said I am OK, but look at By XogGyux. He he is a recent Cuban refugee and he is already part of the professional class. I suspect he put some effort in doing this. I seriously doubt he was given entry to Medical school just because he is Cuban. He did that out of his own effort.
Julian658 wrote:As I said I am OK, but look at By XogGyux. He he is a recent Cuban refugee and he is already part of the professional class. I suspect he put some effort in doing this. I seriously doubt he was given entry to Medical school just because he is Cuban. He did that out of his own effort.

So what you're saying basically is that African-Americans are lazy. :roll:
Donna wrote:So what you're saying basically is that African-Americans are lazy. :roll:

There you go again looking for a reason to use the R word. :lol: :lol:
No, they are no more lazy or less lazy than anyone else. However, during Jim Crow blacks worked harder. What I see is the destruction of the the human condition. The elite white liberals treat black people with condescending bigotry of low expectations. Any man of any ethnicity and can be destroyed with the policies used by the Democratic Party in dealing with the massive damage that was done. They infantilize black people by excusing negative behaviors as systemic racism. They pander and pander for the black vote year after year with the agenda "the Republicans are racists we are not". They have convinced black voters that they cannot make it without them. That is how you destroy a group of people.
Julian658 wrote:No, they are no more lazy or less lazy than anyone else. However, during Jim Crow blacks worked harder.

:roll:

What I see is the destruction of the the human condition. The elite white liberals treat black people with condescending bigotry of low expectations. Any man of any ethnicity and can be destroyed with the policies used by the Democratic Party in dealing with the massive damage that was done. They infantilize black people by excusing negative behaviors as systemic racism. They pander and pander for the black vote year after year with the agenda "the Republicans are racists we are not". They have convinced black voters that they cannot make it without them. That is how you destroy a group of people.

Just your same old victim blaming shtick here.
Donna wrote::roll:

Just your same old victim blaming shtick here.

Nope! I am preaching do not be a victim anymore. There is a difference.
You are being racist, @Julian658. Racist twat.

Sure blacks worked harder during Jim Crow era, or they'd get beaten, fired, or abused. They'd maybe get hanged if white people thought they were getting too uppity, too. I guess compared to when they were slaves, they are a bit "lazy", as you like to put it.

I'm sure you would recommend whipping and beating them to motivate them, amIright? :knife:
Donna wrote:Is that why you've singled out blacks as being lazy? :eh:

From what I see he accused some SJWs for practically doing that. Nice try for diverting the blame back on the person who voices the issue out.
Last edited by Patrickov on 02 Jul 2020 03:34, edited 1 time in total.
Julian658 wrote:As I said I am OK, but look at By XogGyux. He he is a recent Cuban refugee and he is already part of the professional class. I suspect he put some effort in doing this. I seriously doubt he was given entry to Medical school just because he is Cuban. He did that out of his own effort.

Except when I came here, I was not the son of parents that grew up in segregated schools or grandchildren of parents that grew up to see some of their friends being harassed and probably even lynched.

Even today we are still fighting racism. Just a few days ago the fucking president of the US tweeting video of people screaming "White power". If you think that the fucking president of the US basically tweeting to his dozen of millions of followers "white power" is not racism, then I don't fucking know how you have enough brainpower to breathe and not choke on your own saliva.

You can rightfully say that there is far less racism today than 50 years ago and 50 years ago there was less racism than 100 years ago. But that's the lazy's excuse when there shouldn't be any at all. Furthermore, having the balls to pretend that the counter-culture of reverse racism is an actual problem is ridiculous.
There are people out there that never grew wisdom teeth, they simply don't have it (I am one of those). You know why there is not a counter-culture to fight people that discriminate against those that don't grow wisdom teeth? Well... because nobody fucking gives a shit about wisdom teeth and nobody discriminates for that... as a result, there is no "reverse" discrimination for that. I keep telling you, if it bothers too much the counter-racism movement.... your first target should be the racists because the moment that the racists disappear the counter-movement is completely useless and moot.

My parents were well educated, my mother was a doctor herself. My grandparents were well educated as well, on my mother's side both were doctors. We had some economic help but it was not splendid or anything. I din't have to overcome multiple generations of discrimination, my only obstacle was language and economic.
Many of these people are born in poor neighborhoods, many of which were segregated many decades ago (something that ironically enough Trump's father was very proficient at doing, just so that you know that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree) so the whole socioeconomic/cultural system drops these people in a race with both hands tied behind their back, shoes with wholes and a backpack filled with lead. And on top of that we have the police to tackle them mid-run, slam their body to the ground and sometimes shoot them repeatedly.

Don't get me wrong, I do not sympathize with given handouts to anyone. The least we can do is recognize what they have gone through, make sure to stop idolizing the painful parts of our history, incentivize de-segregation policies and offer safety net to people with the lowest of means (not just blacks, this applies to anyone including whites.)
I think if society takes off the foot from on top of their neck, they will be able to stand up fairly quickly. The problem is society has the knee to these people on the neck, and you are complaining that those that are screaming for that to stop are a bigger problem than the guys forcing their knee to the neck. "we are too loud". Nonsense.
No, @Patrickov, that's not what he's doing. If you followed what he's said throughout these and other threads, you'd see there's a racist narrative to everything he does.

I bet you'd love to watch footage of her being rap[…]

It does mean that thesis has to be proven, since t[…]

@FiveofSwords " Franz [B]oas " Are[…]

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/178385974554[…]