It is time for Biden to step aside - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Pants-of-dog wrote:So, why do you not care about sexual assault in this regard?

Biden and the Democrats asserted that all women must be heard AND believed. So when they defy their own passionate rhetoric when it suits them, they appear to be lacking virtue as a group.
:roll: And Republicans only bring this up when it suits their political agenda, and the rest of the time they fight against it.

That's the real hypocrisy, @blackjack21.
Godstud wrote::roll: And Republicans only bring this up when it suits their political agenda, and the rest of the time they fight against it.

That's the real hypocrisy, @blackjack21.

Sorry, but the Dems are greater hypocrites. But, who cares the gullible on the left and the right eat up.
:lol: @Julian658 Whether you want to admit it or not, you're on the right.

I never said that Biden shouldn't be charged and forced to resign. What I said was that this behavior is typical of Republicans, yet it's only NOW that they think it's bad.
So sexual assault and sexual assault allegations are fine.

What is wrong is the apparent hypocrisy that some of these guys have also said it is not a good idea to sexually assault people.

Thanks for explaining that, guys. :|
What is wrong is the apparent hypocrisy that some of these guys have also said it is not a good idea to sexually assault people.

Well damn man. What we going to do with them. We can't drone 'em, they smell funny and 40% of them voted for Trump. We should have eaten them when their bones were soft.
Last edited by Drlee on 29 Apr 2020 05:12, edited 1 time in total.
Godstud wrote::lol: @Julian658 Whether you want to admit it or not, you're on the right.

I never said that Biden shouldn't be charged and forced to resign. What I said was that this behavior is typical of Republicans, yet it's only NOW that they think it's bad.

Biden's behavior is clearly more typical of Democrats. Have you forgotten Bill Clinton already? :lol:
@Hindsite Have you forgotten Bill Clinton already?

Pretty much. Though he was a great conservative. He even balanced the budget, reduced the size of the federal government, reduced government paperwork and cut welfare. Oh and he was not responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans. I guess he just slipped my mind.
Godstud wrote:I never said that Biden shouldn't be charged and forced to resign. What I said was that this behavior is typical of Republicans, yet it's only NOW that they think it's bad.

Biden won't be tried for this, because it is passed the statute of limitations. However, there appears to be a strong case here, and Tara Reade did not pursue it for political reasons (i.e., support for the Democratic party and opposition to the Republican party). Even one of the people supporting Tara Reade's claim says that Biden did it, Reade's claim should be heard, AND she still intends to vote for Biden.

Pants-of-dog wrote:So sexual assault and sexual assault allegations are fine.

Sexual assault is not fine. Sexual assault allegations conjured up purely for political gains are not fine either. It's politically motivated baseless allegations that upset many people. The establishment's politics of personal destruction has used phony allegations to smear people--more often than not it has been conservatives who have been the victims of it--Brett Kavanaugh being the latest high profile example.

So while clearly Biden cannot be prosecuted for this, it seems by the words of someone like Mazie Hirono, we ought to have a public opinion trial hosted by the US Senate Judiciary committee, since all women must be heard AND believed according to Hirono, and much of the Democratic party establishment as we witnessed 18 months ago.

Drlee wrote: Oh and he was not responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans.

How do you figure? If you're now going to blame diseases on presidents, then they are all guilty of 10s of thousands of deaths.

Drlee wrote:I guess he just slipped my mind.

There does appear to be some slipping going on.
How do you figure? If you're now going to blame diseases on presidents, then they are all guilty of 10s of thousands of deaths.
:roll:

The sad thing is that there are a great many unintelligent people who would not see the flaw in your thinking in this question. Very sad.

There does appear to be some slipping going on.

Still smart enough to catch your trolling. But you are not as good at it as you have convinced yourself you are.
by George T. Conway III,
Reed Galen, Steve Schmidt, John Weaver and Rick Wilson (Republicans)

"When we founded the Lincoln Project, we did so with a clear mission: to defeat President Trump in November. Publicly supporting a Democratic nominee for president is a first for all of us. We are in extraordinary times, and we have chosen to put country over party — and former vice president Joe Biden is the candidate who we believe will do the same.

Biden is now the presumptive Democratic nominee and he has our support. Biden has the experience, the attributes and the character to defeat Trump this fall. Unlike Trump, for whom the presidency is just one more opportunity to perfect his narcissism and self-aggrandizement, Biden sees public service as an opportunity to do right by the American people and a privilege to do so.

He is an imperfect man, but a man who loves his country and its people with a broad smile and an open heart.

In this way, Trump is a photonegative of Joe Biden.

Unlike Trump, Biden is not an international embarrassment, nor does he demonstrate malignant narcissism. A President Biden will steady the ship of state and begin binding up the wounds of a fractured country. We have faith that Biden will surround himself by advisers of competence, expertise and wisdom, not an endless parade of disposable lackeys.

The coronavirus crisis is a terrifying example of why real leadership looks outward. This crisis, the deaths and economic destruction are immeasurably worse because Trump and his administration were unwilling to do what was necessary to mitigate its worst effects and bring the country back as quickly as possible.

It is our hope that when the next president takes the oath of office in January, Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. will be the president for a truly united America. The stakes are too high to do anything less."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/15/weve-never-backed-democrat-president-trump-must-be-defeated/
Biden can also speak without referring to himself every 5 seconds and rambling off about random topics, all the fucking time, like a demented random word generator.
Godstud wrote:
Biden can also speak without referring to himself every 5 seconds and rambling off about random topics, all the fucking time, like a demented random word generator.

He's human, that other guy is something else entirely.
blackjack21 wrote:Biden won't be tried for this, because it is passed the statute of limitations. However, there appears to be a strong case here, and Tara Reade did not pursue it for political reasons (i.e., support for the Democratic party and opposition to the Republican party). Even one of the people supporting Tara Reade's claim says that Biden did it, Reade's claim should be heard, AND she still intends to vote for Biden.

Sexual assault is not fine. Sexual assault allegations conjured up purely for political gains are not fine either. It's politically motivated baseless allegations that upset many people. The establishment's politics of personal destruction has used phony allegations to smear people--more often than not it has been conservatives who have been the victims of it--Brett Kavanaugh being the latest high profile example.

So while clearly Biden cannot be prosecuted for this, it seems by the words of someone like Mazie Hirono, we ought to have a public opinion trial hosted by the US Senate Judiciary committee, since all women must be heard AND believed according to Hirono, and much of the Democratic party establishment as we witnessed 18 months ago.

That is basically the point.

Of course rule of law requires fair and open trials, innocent until proven guilty, and related due process. But that is not what the DNC or the popular left has been supporting.

Given they believe accusations are enough, not trial required, then it is for them a matter of principle to demand Biden step aside. So what do they say?

late wrote:He's human, that other guy is something else entirely.

Oh, Biden is only human.

Apparently sexually assault is ‘only human’, if one is a member of the DNC anyway. The other lot are not human, perhaps? We might also expect that one’s son being caught for corruption in the Ukraine and then using one’s power to prevent legal action is also ‘only human’. Or calling a journalist a “lying, dog faced pony soldier” is also ‘only human’. After all, who hasn’t done that? :roll:

Given the left is displaying a clear double standard, one is forced to conclude that they are unprincipled and opportunistic.
I suspect that in normal life, the majority of women, probably the large majority of women who make rape accusations are telling the truth. In this I'm broadly in accord with the left's perception. The difficulty of getting convictions and the potentially harrowing nature of the process would seem to make it certain that the majority are telling the truth.

However it is just not acceptable to convict someone on the basis of one person's testimony. Life is not perfect, not all crime can be stopped. The only way that rape and sexual assault can be reduced is by prompt reporting of assaults and the secret recording by video and audio of encounters. If it were possible to be convicted on the say so of one woman, it would just place far too much power in their hands.

And what if the man accuses the women of assaulting him, must he be believed? What if the man decides that he was actually a woman, as according to lefties, a man is entitled to do at any time. Presumably according to Cultural Marxist logic, a man claiming to be a woman carries as much weight if not more than a normal woman's. Lefties are such hypocrites that they can't imagine that other people are not. I support due process for White men accused of rape and sexual assault. But I also support due process for Muslims accused of terrorism. I support the immediate release, compensation and life long residency for Khalid Sheik Muhammad. I support due process for all criminal prosecutions, regardless of gender, race or religion.

When it comes to men in the public eye, I think false claims are much more likely. I'm not accusing women of any great evil here. When it comes to politicised matters both men and women lie all the time. We are not applying a double standard because Joe Biden is a Liberal. I was intransigent in my opposition to Bill Clinton's treatment. I was also incidentally totally opposed to the prosecution of Hilary for security breeches. No we are judging Joe Biden by the same unjust standards that he has tried to applied to others.

Joe Biden's touching, cuddling, nuzzling and sniffing of women would not invalidate him for the Presidency, but the fact that he has done these things while pushing for affirmative consent certainly should.
foxdemon wrote:

Given the left is displaying a clear double standard, one is forced to conclude that they are unprincipled and opportunistic.

So, do you have no standards, or are you a lot more unprincipled and opportunistic?

Kinda know the answer.
At some point, I suppose I ought to do an overview of the various ways Trump has been sexually abhorrent, starting with the credible accusation that he raped one of his wives.

Definitely not today.
Godstud wrote::lol: @Julian658 Whether you want to admit it or not, you're on the right.

I am right off center------that is no secret. I am an economic conservative that believes in capitalism and hates crony capitalism. I detest right wing identity politics. I believe in small government as I tend to be libertarian. The LGBTQIA people are fine by me.

As for my lefty tendencies: I am agnostic, believe in National Health care, UBI, and reparations for blacks that descend from slaves and indigenous people. Immigrants and women need not apply. On the left side of the equation I detest race and gender identity politics. Classifying people according to skin color causes division and tribalism.

OTOH you are a typical left winger that uses insulting rhetoric (not arguments) to make a point. I give you credit for not being as angry as others on the left. The only exception is POD who is a gentleman.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4bO6xWJ4k Ther[…]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Having[…]

@Rancid They, the dogs, don't go crazy. They s[…]