Obamagate Hype Discussion Thread - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Obviously Obama should have been investigated himself for attempting to use his power as the President to unduly interfere in the 2016 election results (which we all knew was happening with the Trump Tower wiretaps and whatnot), most likely simply in his ignorance about how he legally can only publically endorse Hillary as a fellow Democrat without using his political office to interfere.

But I personally don't think he did it fully intentionally or even knew the implications of what he was signing off on. Probably was pressured by Hillary and fellow cultist nutcase partisan democrats.
I read that Joe Biden, among others, had previously denied seeking to "unmask" Michael Flynn but that declassified records now show otherwise. Why would Biden have lied about this?

I think it's obvious that Joe just didn't remember a minor detail like this. Also, there's no reason that Obama would know where all of his people and his Vice President stood on this.

This does look bad though because everyone is supposed to be wearing a mask right now?
Yeah I'm not gonna bother watching it because the Obamagate thing is somehow more boring and complicated than Russiagate ever was. It's so boring and bullshit even the president can't pay attention.

Also I guess I touched a nerv when I asked you why you were quoting a race baiting thirst grifter.
colliric wrote:
which we all knew was happening with the Trump Tower wiretaps and whatnot

You guys will believe anything.

Counterintelligence is something the FBI is supposed to do. There were a lot of contacts with Russians, dozens of them, and the Trump crowd was lying about it...

Btw, you didn't know, because it didn't become public before the election.

But Comey did re-open the Hillary investigation shortly before the election. So if there was this conspiracy, why did they hurt Hillary and say nothing about the Trump investigation???

Can I sell you a bridge.

No, wait, can I sell you every bridge in the country.
late wrote:You guys will believe anything.

Counterintelligence is something the FBI is supposed to do. There were a lot of contacts with Russians, dozens of them, and the Trump crowd was lying about it...

Btw, you didn't know, because it didn't become public before the election.

But Comey did re-open the Hillary investigation shortly before the election. So if there was this conspiracy, why did they hurt Hillary and say nothing about the Trump investigation???

Can I sell you a bridge.

No, wait, can I sell you every bridge in the country.

How could the FBI know the Flynn call when they said they didn't unmask nor got a warrant on Flynn until January 4th and the call occurred in December?
Finfinder wrote:
How could the FBI know the Flynn call when they said they didn't unmask nor got a warrant on Flynn until January 4th and the call occurred in December?

Nonresponsive answer, counselor.
Finfinder wrote:
You are nonresponsive because you cannot answer the question and you know I'm right.

What I know is that you are incapable of discussing the topic.
after a few months of news about trump's incompetence suddenly out of nowhere comes Obamagate :eek: …. a mystery scandal the most defining details of which seem to be something like : everything Obama ever did sucks :lol: …………. :hmm: kinda sounds like trump's tried and true diversionary tatic. We've seen it a few dozen times in the past 3 years.
Beren wrote:Is that Trump really needs to do to revive his base? Warming up Russiagate and renaming it Obamagate? How about the rest of voters? :eh:

It is a bit more complicated then that. It also serves a purpose of distraction. Right now even his base can't turn a blind eye to his mismanagement of the Covid pandemic. It doesn't even matter from which side you tackle it, he is at fault. So having any news that don't talk about Covid and Trump in the same sentence is good news.

Trump will have to do a magic trick of some sort to win his re-election. His almost certain to loose because unemployment data is showing that this is on the level of the great depression. (Unemployment wise) In America such fuck ups are not forgiven and the president changes.

Statistically, 5 US presidents tried to get re-elected during receissions. All but one lost. The exception, Truman, had an election in November and it was the month when the recession started so it is not that black and white. Also WW2 ended recently which also helped Truman. Now considering that this seems to be worse than usual, that magic trick will be needed badly.
When questioned by reporters, Trump himself has struggled to articulate what “Obamagate” means. Ned Price, a former CIA analyst, dubbed it “a hashtag in search of a scandal”.

Tara Setmayer, a former Republican communications director on Capitol Hill, said: “Donald Trump always needs a foil. This riles up his base because they cling to anything that diverges responsibility for anything from Donald Trump over to someone else. And in this case Barack Obama is the boogeyman of the month.”

Ben Rhodes, a former Obama national security aide, tweeted this week: “Trump’s fact-free fixation on Obama dating back to birtherism is so absurd and stupid that it would be comic if it wasn’t so tragic.”

With few deep convictions of his own, Trump found a negative reference point in Obama. Between 22 November 2010 and 14 May 2020, he tweeted about Obama 2,933 times, according to the Trump Twitter Archive.
jimjam wrote:With few deep convictions of his own, Trump found a negative reference point in Obama. Between 22 November 2010 and 14 May 2020, he tweeted about Obama 2,933 times, according to the Trump Twitter Archive.

http://www.trumptwitterarchive.com/

It's the greatest cultural treasure mine since the Great Library of Alexandria. :lol:

Sure, Obama should step up as the real challenger that needs Biden to run for him, that's what Joe's really good for anyway.

FiveThirtyEight wrote:By Clare Malone

ImageJÖRG CARSTENSEN / PICTURE ALLIANCE VIA GETTY IMAGES

In 2019, Barack Obama and Donald Trump were America’s most-admired men.

Which is just one reason why Obama’s endorsement of Joe Biden this week was billed as a momentous political event. Obama is a divisive figure — could the first black president in a country like America have ever been anything but? — but he’s the last Democrat to cobble together a winning coalition. He motivated a massive turnout of black voters, played on his pop cultural cache to excite millennials and persuaded upper Midwestern whites to support him.

At its core, Biden’s candidacy is premised on restoring that halcyon Obama era — electorally as much as politically. That’s why Obama will be key to Biden’s success, perhaps more so than any other campaign surrogate in the modern era.
jimjam wrote:When questioned by reporters, Trump himself has struggled to articulate what “Obamagate” means. Ned Price, a former CIA analyst, dubbed it “a hashtag in search of a scandal”.

Hey hey that' s not a fair standard, the reporters could asked , what day of the week it was, what the names of his children were and President Trump would have struggled to articulate

That President rump failed to articulate anything approaching rational thought is hardly evidence of anything , other than trump remains Trump.

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]

Chimps are very strong too Ingliz. In terms of fo[…]