AOC Candidate Bowman Defeats Establishment Candidate Eliot Engel! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
An AOC-backed New York candidate looks like he just pulled off a stunning upset over a powerful House Democrat
Rep. Eliot Engel, a 30-year House veteran and chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, appears to have lost his Democratic primary on Tuesday to progressive challenger Jamaal Bowman — a significant victory for the left and a blow to the party establishment.

Awesome, and funny. Pelosi is probably aghast. You reap what you sow.
AOC is likely to become the next Pelosi. I don't mean a speaker of the house, at least not during the next few years as I think her age might work against it in the line of succession for the presidency which requires a president to be 35y or older. But I think it is reasonable to think that she could be a contending for that spot within the next 10 years. Now, this does not take into account what she might want to do in the future as far as running for other offices (senate?/governor?) or serving under future administrations.
She has charisma, energy. She is brilliant and comes across as sincere. Regardless of what her political views are, those qualities make for a very successful candidate.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/u[…]

I am not the one who never shows his credentials […]

As a Latino, I am always very careful about crossi[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]