Cancel The Presidential Debates - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Who needs more Trump TV? We already know this would be more adolescent name calling by Trump. He lives to be on TV. I can live without it. I’m sick of hearing his voice.

Perhaps Joe should make the "debates" contingent on trump releasing his taxes ….. just like Donald said he would 4 years ago. He won’t do it and that gives Biden and the public reason enough to pass on “debates.”

There's no real reason for Joe Biden to debate Donald Trump.The president is doing a splendid job of soiling himself in public. trump, if one will recall, never did debate Hillary Clinton in 2016. He stalked her. At one of the three debates, he carried on like a predator, lurking in the background, plodding and hogging the spotlight, making himself visible while having exactly nothing to say. If Mr. Biden decides to debate the president, he'll be throwing a lifeline to a very desperate man. At the very least there should be one more rule: when one candidate speaks, the other candidate's mic is muted. Otherwise Trump will interrupt and talk over Biden as he did with Hilary Clinton. Otherwise we're back to Trump's circus instead of a debate.

He should let the president sink, his vile and divisive words becoming the anchor to weight him down at the keel level, where his popularity now rests.
Sounds like cancel culture. If people don't want to watch they can chose not to watch. I imagine most won't. You can't just cancel a part of the democratic process because one guy is intolerable and you don't want him to get more votes. That's literally like censorship.

Even if there was no COVID i'd predict record low voter turnout for people 35+, especially white people. 2 very uninspiring candidates, and probably the worst debates ever.
They should not cancel the debates. They should ZOOM them, and televise it. No applause and so they'd have to deal strictly with each other, and not play to an audience.

Mail in ballots are safe, secure, and easy. There's no reason why they can't do that.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Sounds like cancel culture. If people don't want to watch they can chose not to watch. I imagine most won't. You can't just cancel a part of the democratic process because one guy is intolerable and you don't want him to get more votes. That's literally like censorship.

Even if there was no COVID i'd predict record low voter turnout for people 35+, especially white people. 2 very uninspiring candidates, and probably the worst debates ever.

There is no a "culture" about it. If something is useless and/or offensive most reasonable people would steer away from it.

The political "debates" do not really debate. I have attended, watched, participated in thousands of hours of debates and the political debates are shit.
Now, add into the picture the monkey shit throwing Donald trump and while it may make good television for the masses, especially those that find some sort of enjoyment on reality TV kind of crap, in reality, it has no substance.

In general I don't care much for presidential debates, as far as I am concerned they should cancel them all. To see further spinning and avoiding answering hard questions, etc, you can just tune into your favorite news cable channel and watch it 24/7, you don't need debates.

As far as "debating" with Trump... it is the equivalent of debating with a 4-year-old. There is no way a rocket scientist will appear favorable sitting next to a 4-year-old debating parabolic projectile trajectory phisics...
There is no way anyone will appear presidential or have any meaningful debate if Donald trump is one of the participants.
That is why all 2016 debates were a joke, fun to watch, but a joke.
Biden has absolutely nothing to win yet he is exposing himself. Trump has nothing to lose, his supporters have already seen how fucking retarded and how wacko he is and still love him despite that (some would say they love him BECAUSE of that). Either way, it is a lose/lose from Biden perspective.

Biden's team should put some serious conditions... Live fact-checking with the "arbiter" challenging any lies, muting the mic of both participants if it is not time to speak and enforcing answering questions rather than giving non-answer answers.
If they cannot possibly do a civil debate without interruptions and bullying and/or spreading of lies, then there should not be a debate at all. To watch Trump talking shit, we can watch his stupid adds.
jimjam wrote:There's no real reason for Joe Biden to debate Donald Trump.

Well, he might want to remind people he's running for president. The guy is rarely seen. For a guy running for president, he's got about the strangest campaign possible.

jimjam wrote:trump, if one will recall, never did debate Hillary Clinton in 2016.

He trounced her. He even brought Bill Clinton's victims as his guests. It wouldn't surprise me if Trump gets a picture of himself with Hunter's son with the topless dancer and introduces Biden's grandchild to the public.

You're right that Biden should think about avoiding the debate. He can't even make a single, very brief public appearance without a gaffe.

XogGyux wrote:Biden has absolutely nothing to win yet he is exposing himself.

Well, that's really what this thread is about, isn't it? Biden had an aneurism decades ago, and his brain has had a bit of hypoxia ever since. Apparently, this sort of thing gets worse with age, and it is clear that Biden's mental capacity has declined.

XogGyux wrote:Biden's team should put some serious conditions... Live fact-checking with the "arbiter" challenging any lies, muting the mic of both participants if it is not time to speak and enforcing answering questions rather than giving non-answer answers.

You are thinking about that in the context of holding Trump to account. What about when Biden says he's the husband of Joe Biden, that 120M Americans have died, or he's confronted to answer a question that he cannot remember? These types of rules won't work for Biden.

Basically, you folks are afraid Trump is going to win the debate due to Biden's mental decline.
blackjack21 wrote:Well, he might want to remind people he's running for president. The guy is rarely seen. For a guy running for president, he's got about the strangest campaign possible.

He trounced her. He even brought Bill Clinton's victims as his guests. It wouldn't surprise me if Trump gets a picture of himself with Hunter's son with the topless dancer and introduces Biden's grandchild to the public.

You're right that Biden should think about avoiding the debate. He can't even make a single, very brief public appearance without a gaffe.

Well, that's really what this thread is about, isn't it? Biden had an aneurism decades ago, and his brain has had a bit of hypoxia ever since. Apparently, this sort of thing gets worse with age, and it is clear that Biden's mental capacity has declined.

You are thinking about that in the context of holding Trump to account. What about when Biden says he's the husband of Joe Biden, that 120M Americans have died, or he's confronted to answer a question that he cannot remember? These types of rules won't work for Biden.

Basically, you folks are afraid Trump is going to win the debate due to Biden's mental decline.

Blah blah blah demented Biden, blah blah blah. Remember when Hillary Clinton also had some sort of deadly neurological disease? That was 4 years ago... apparently whatever disease she had 4 years ago is slow as shit.
You are not going to convince anyone other that the stupid trump supporters of your conspiracy theories this time :lol: . Keep trying though.
Also Biden in his worse, most senile day ever will always be smarter, wiser and a better human being than trump. I'd vote for a brain dead Biden over trump in a heart beat.
Fucking fanatic cultists.
XogGyux wrote:Remember when Hillary Clinton also had some sort of deadly neurological disease? That was 4 years ago... apparently whatever disease she had 4 years ago is slow as shit.

I think it's alcoholism, but she did sustain a head injury from a fall. Hillary's Health Coming Up Again This guy thinks she has Parkinson's.

XogGyux wrote:You are not going to convince anyone other that the stupid trump supporters of your conspiracy theories this time :lol: .

Yeah, Biden is his own husband. He's married to himself. He's going to beat Joe Biden in November. You know, the Joe Biden who's running for the senate. Give him a look!
blackjack21 wrote:Well, he might want to remind people he's running for president. The guy is rarely seen. For a guy running for president, he's got about the strangest campaign possible.

I believe you are exactly right on all points. And that is just getting started. I understand Trump wants six debates, but Biden has only said he would do three. Now I bet his campaign is trying to figure out a way to get out of any debates. This is the whole point of of this call by jimjam to cancel Presidential debates. The Dems are scared Biden will make too many so-called gaffes because of his dementia.
People with a lick of common sense don't really watch this theatre filled with empty slogans and promises anyhow. Biden and Trump are both clowns. All they ultimately do is talk about distractions and please Zion. Intelligent people take a peak behind the curtain to see who is pulling the strings here.
This was not a serious "debate" of issues. It fell into the realm that Obese Donald specializes in …… entertainment for morons.

Do you think Donald will unveil a plan to provide affordable health care for all Americans ( :lol: ) ? I doubt it. A "debate" for the fat guy is just one more forum for lies, false promises and dumb entertainment for the simple minded and the brought and paid for rich boys.

ps …. Biden's tax returns are on the internet …… has anyone seen Donald's tax returns yet? Sure let's have debates after the playing field is leveled ……. Let's get Fatso's tax returns on the internet, turn his mic off when Biden is speaking and maybe a barb wire fence to keep him behind the podium.

Hindsite wrote:I understand Trump wants six debates, but Biden has only said he would do three.

If Biden's willing to do three, then there's nothing to see here because three presidential debates have been the usual practice since 2000, whereas four was the maximum, in 1960.

Source
XogGyux wrote:Blah blah blah demented Biden, blah blah blah. Remember when Hillary Clinton also had some sort of deadly neurological disease? That was 4 years ago... apparently whatever disease she had 4 years ago is slow as shit.
You are not going to convince anyone other that the stupid trump supporters of your conspiracy theories this time :lol: . Keep trying though.
Also Biden in his worse, most senile day ever will always be smarter, wiser and a better human being than trump. I'd vote for a brain dead Biden over trump in a heart beat.
Fucking fanatic cultists.

I said months ago the Democrats will never allow Biden to debate Trump. This is just the excuse they have been waiting for, as they know they have a complete shit candidate for the second time in a row.

@XogGyux Remember Clinton lost ..... :lol: :lol: Blah Blah :lol: :lol:
Finfinder wrote:I said months ago the Democrats will never allow Biden to debate Trump. This is just the excuse they have been waiting for, as they know they have a complete shit candidate for the second time in a row.

@XogGyux Remember Clinton lost ..... :lol: :lol: Blah Blah :lol: :lol:

Blah blah. Even with Clinton's numerous character flaws about 2M more Americans supporter her than bunker bitch :lol: .
Actually, it is not "up to democrats", it is up to Biden/Trump to make the decisions.
Simply put, there is nothing to gain for Biden, strategically I don't see a point for him to do so. Whether or not he decides to go ahead it is up to him.
I am not so sure Trump wants either... yeah yeah he claims he wants a bizillion debates... same way he said he would release his taxes and same way that he said he would allow people to testify and same way he said he would get affordable insurance to all Americans, the same way he said he would build a wall.. Blah blah blah, lots of talking no action, that is his motto, and when he does any action, is against the american people such as gassing them :lol: .
He is not sincere about having any debate. He does want cameras and attention. As far as I am concerned, he already got far too much of that.
Godstud wrote:They should not cancel the debates. They should ZOOM them, and televise it. No applause and so they'd have to deal strictly with each other, and not play to an audience.

Mail in ballots are safe, secure, and easy. There's no reason why they can't do that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Biden should back out, he can only loose these debates... with an audience or not.
Mail in Ballots are designed to be fraudulent.
Don't cancel the debate. The only thing that Biden needs to do durring those debates is just say some basic things that everyone knows while Trump will just rant on like Trump usually rants on. Heck Biden might as well just stand there listening to Trumps rant without saying anything.
Having debates favours Trump simply because Biden leads in the polls and good debate performances could help him change that. People talk like debates are decisive, although they're not, and Trump's appearance in televised debates will rile up his fans the same as his haters, regardless of Biden's performance. Also, debating successfully with Trump doesn't require much mental freshness, vigour, or debating skills, it rather requires calm and patience.
Oxymoron wrote:Mail in Ballots are designed to be fraudulent.
Please provide a source to support this claim. It is very hard to fake voting by mail, and the penalties are excessive and are an exceptional deterrent(up to 5 years sentence).

The facts prove otherwise, too. As you can see, the numbers are insignificant. 25% of Americans voted, last election, by mail-in ballots, by the way.

The Facts About Mail-In Voting and Voter Fraud
Without evidence, the president has warned that mail elections would involve robbed mailboxes, forged signatures and illegally printed ballots. In a tweet on Monday, this one in all-caps, Mr. Trump warned of a “rigged 2020 election” and claimed: “Ballots will be printed by foreign countries, and others. It will be the scandal of our times!”

That claim about foreign-made ballots was the latest misleading statement from Mr. Trump: He offered no evidence, and the tampering of ballots is widely seen as a nearly impossible scenario because they are printed on very specific stock and often have specific tracking systems like bar codes.

Mr. Trump himself has voted by mail, yet at the same time he has claimed in the past that mail-in voting could mean “thousands of people sitting in somebody’s living room, signing ballots all over the place.”

After the 2016 election, that system flagged 74 questionable votes in Washington State: 59 people who may have voted in multiple states, 14 people who may have voted multiple times within the state and one deceased voter. Those ballots were sent to county elections managers and prosecutors for further scrutiny.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/mail-in ... allot.html

The real fact of the matter is that you, and Trump, both know that the more people who vote, the less likely Trump will be elected.
Couldn't disagree more with the OP. The presidential debates are literally the only thing I actually want to see in this disaster of an election.

Two senile old men yelling incomprehensible bullshit at each other for 90 minutes at a time? Biden telling a folksy story about pick-up baseball in Delaware, followed immediately by randomly challenging Trump to a push-up contest? Trump gripping the podium for dear life, slurring his words and drinking a glass of water with two hands, like a very weird malfunctioning robot? Pump that shit directly into my veins, please.

America needs Trump vs Biden debates, just so it can be allowed to grasp the true scale of the fuckup that led to these oafs competing for the presidency.
Godstud wrote:Please provide a source to support this claim. It is very hard to fake voting by mail, and the penalties are excessive and are an exceptional deterrent(up to 5 years sentence).

The facts prove otherwise, too. As you can see, the numbers are insignificant. 25% of Americans voted, last election, by mail-in ballots, by the way.

The Facts About Mail-In Voting and Voter Fraud
Without evidence, the president has warned that mail elections would involve robbed mailboxes, forged signatures and illegally printed ballots. In a tweet on Monday, this one in all-caps, Mr. Trump warned of a “rigged 2020 election” and claimed: “Ballots will be printed by foreign countries, and others. It will be the scandal of our times!”

That claim about foreign-made ballots was the latest misleading statement from Mr. Trump: He offered no evidence, and the tampering of ballots is widely seen as a nearly impossible scenario because they are printed on very specific stock and often have specific tracking systems like bar codes.

Mr. Trump himself has voted by mail, yet at the same time he has claimed in the past that mail-in voting could mean “thousands of people sitting in somebody’s living room, signing ballots all over the place.”

After the 2016 election, that system flagged 74 questionable votes in Washington State: 59 people who may have voted in multiple states, 14 people who may have voted multiple times within the state and one deceased voter. Those ballots were sent to county elections managers and prosecutors for further scrutiny.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/mail-in ... allot.html

The real fact of the matter is that you, and Trump, both know that the more people who vote, the less likely Trump will be elected.

You are quoting again from the left-wing biased NYTimes.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]