Trump Landslide Reelection Victory Party Countdown Thread - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
SaddamHuseinovic wrote:I like Trump, but he will lose due to catastrophic corona response.

The illness brake the neck of the economy.

Europe has a much better respond.

Probably the Euro will replace the Dollar as world currency.

I dunno why people keep saying this, most of Europe has more deaths per capita. And insofar as the US gets into the same ballpark as them it's due to liberal states with the whole nursing home thing. Without them in the mix the outcome is a lot closer to the east Asian levels.
All roads lead to Rome, as they say. In the US, all electoral outcomes lead to a failed state. The first big wave of mass evictions will be hitting its peak, just as the US holds its election in November. Both parties are utterly oblivious to the social dislocation staring the country right in the face.

Sadly, the worst outcome for the Democrats would be a Biden win. Imagine mass demonstrations and angry confrontations as Biden celebrates his inauguration. He's no more capable of dealing with an existential crisis than is Trump.
Thursday, July 30

General Election: Trump vs. Biden IBD/TIPP Biden 48, Trump 41 Biden +7
Florida: Trump vs. Biden Mason-Dixon Biden 50, Trump 46 Biden +4
Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Biden Franklin & Marshall Biden 50, Trump 41 Biden +9
New Hampshire: Trump vs. Biden UNH Biden 53, Trump 40 Biden +13
Virginia: Trump vs. Biden VCU Biden 50, Trump 39 Biden +11

Wednesday, July 29

General Election: Trump vs. Biden Economist/YouGov Biden 49, Trump 40 Biden +9
General Election: Trump vs. Biden Rasmussen Reports Biden 48, Trump 42 Biden +6
General Election: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D)* Biden 51, Trump 42 Biden +9

The newest poll shows that Biden's poll lead has decreased by 5 points. Biden enjoyed a 12 point lead on July 28. President Donald Trump's campaign is inundating young, liberal voters with digital ads, beating outreach from Joe Biden. The momentum is shifting toward Trump in the last few days. There is something going on and Biden's negative media coverage may be a factor.

WASHINGTON - The U.S. Agency for Global Media is investigating whether a video posted by Voice of America’s Urdu language service is in violation of the U.S. broadcaster’s editorial standards and federal laws that govern political activities of government employees.

The video, containing VOA logos and subtitles in Urdu, features clips of Democratic presumptive nominee Joe Biden speaking at a July 20 Million Muslim Votes event that was organized by nonprofit Emgage Action, and a campaign ad by the same political group.

It was shared on the Urdu service website and social media platforms earlier this month before being removed by senior journalists at VOA concerned about its content.

USAGM, the agency that oversees VOA, said Thursday that the investigation would look into who was responsible for the video and whether it violated laws including the Hatch Act. That law, which applies to federal employees, limits political activities to ensure nonpartisanship.

“USAGM staff members who attempt to influence American elections will be held accountable,” Michael Pack, the agency’s chief executive, said in the statement.

https://www.voanews.com/usa/voa-urdu-se ... iden-video
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 31 Jul 2020 19:25, edited 3 times in total.
ThirdTerm wrote:The newest poll shows that Biden's poll lead has decreased by 5 points. Biden enjoyed a 12 point lead on July 28. President Donald Trump's campaign is inundating young, liberal voters with digital ads, beating outreach from Joe Biden.

This is IBD/TIPP poll although you didn't post the link. Last time it was published, it had 8% lead for Biden so now its 7% which is within the margin of deviation as you understand. Usually its +-2 for both or 4% deviation is considered outside of margin of error.

This is not even the worst poll for Biden. Rasmussen was the worst at around +2% but now it shifted to +6%. The rest are all +6-15% for Biden.
quetzalcoatl wrote:Sadly, the worst outcome for the Democrats would be a Biden win. Imagine mass demonstrations and angry confrontations as Biden celebrates his inauguration. He's no more capable of dealing with an existential crisis than is Trump.

But that's the best thing about Biden. Progressives were complacent while Obama was in office because he was a smooth talker. Biden is not a smooth talker. If Biden gets in, progressives will be facepalming every minute of it and complaining that he's too moderate. This will necessitate that the next Democratic presidential candidate, whether viewed as a 'moderate' or not, is significantly more progressive than Biden was.
Local Localist wrote:But that's the best thing about Biden. Progressives were complacent while Obama was in office because he was a smooth talker. Biden is not a smooth talker. If Biden gets in, progressives will be facepalming every minute of it and complaining that he's too moderate. This will necessitate that the next Democratic presidential candidate, whether viewed as a 'moderate' or not, is significantly more progressive than Biden was.

Moderates are the majority so its the progressives who should dance to our tune and not the other way around. It is applicable to both the democratic and republican radicals by the way.
Local Localist wrote:But that's the best thing about Biden. Progressives were complacent while Obama was in office because he was a smooth talker. Biden is not a smooth talker. If Biden gets in, progressives will be facepalming every minute of it and complaining that he's too moderate. This will necessitate that the next Democratic presidential candidate, whether viewed as a 'moderate' or not, is significantly more progressive than Biden was.

In a way, Biden winning would be the perfect scenario to reset our broken 2 party system.
It is quite unlikely that Biden would run in 2024. For one, he is old and you already have people pointing that out today, let alone 4 years in the future.
Second, he is doing well more because of hate of trump and being a "bland" candidate that doesnt necesarily "angers" anyone rather than him being attractive to voters. So without Trump being the evil to fight in 2024 (hopefully) Biden would certainly be not attractive for progressive and certainly would not be attractive for most conservatives either. Furthermore, I suspect that he didnt want to run for president at all and he was sort of talked into doing so because he was seen as a natural reasonable option to "safely" fight Trump, precisely because he is a bland candidate that does not raise many flags on either side (something that he has compounded and taken advantage off by his strategy of staying low and letting Trump self-destruct).

In addition to all of this, Biden would virtually lose 90%+ of his political capital by 2024 even if he wins now. The economy will still be shit for years to come and he will have to share some of the stink despite the main issue being Trump's wrecking of the economy (but republicans will not stop blaming it on Biden for the next 4 years). Presumably the house republicans will remain the minority (they already are, it is a good assumption that they will continue to be the minority if Biden wins given the downballot democrat candidates) which means they will finally have the enemy that they need to fight against and raise election money. Then you have the progressives, that despite the apparent unification under Biden because they want to beat Trump, the moment Trump is defeated they will likely go after Biden. So I don't really think Biden should even consider running, I think if he wins it is in his best interest to say early that he will not seek re-election and hopefully he can try to groom a potential successful (presumably his VP).

I see a few scenarios playing out if he wins and asuming Trump doesnt pull any dictatorship coup shannanigans.

1.- Trumpism is alive and healthy even after Trump losing, Trump never loses his base and Republicans continue to be Trump's bitches for a long while as Trump errodes slowly the remains of the party.
2.- Trump's supporters mostly abbandon him and/or say they support him but don't pay attention to his political rhetoric anylonger and just continue to vote "republican classic"
3.- The Republican party flat outs implodes and divides, probably into Trumpists, classic republicans and Liberitarians.
3.1 - This could lead to the Democratic party also splitting, without a solid unified formidable adversary you could have progressives splitting with the neoliberals. There is a decent chance that we could see the 2 party system come to an end and end up with more parties. I think the chances would be slim but real.

Eitherway, this is perhaps the last chance for the republican party to do some rebranding and try to separate themselves from some of their most retarded ideology to appeal to future generations.
Local Localist wrote:All I'll say to that is that time doesn't go backwards.

It certainly doesn't but moderates are the majority so i am not sure what you are implying.
It doesn't really seem like a Trump landslide reelection victory at the moment, and according to his desperate idea of delaying the election even Trump himself doesn't appear to think otherwise. In my opinion he knows the best what a unique and perfect alignment of circumstances he needed in order to win in 2016, he knows exactly what an extraordinary (and surprising) success it was, although he knew it was definitely possible. But now he sees pretty much the opposite, a gathering perfect storm sweeping him away when it arrives in November.
Trump-Pence 2016-2024!!!! Actually Making America Great and Keeping it Great with an awesome 2nd term. Winning as Antifa Loving, BLM Supporting, Police Defunding, Leftist Anarchist cry like a teenager about a virus that is only deadlier than the regular flu if Governor Cuomo bans effective treatments against it.
Handsome, mystery, and new are kind words. I do have a face that a mother could love. I am not much of a mystery, but I'm not an open book either. The illegal mandates and tax penalties from the Hawaiian Muslim slumlord pimp wannabe are now gone from my life and I really feel that blowing my own horn about each American's responsibility for taking care of themselves, if they can might be important to America and it's Republic. If someone in America really needed a leg up the elimination of the Communist Leftist healthcare debacle or transfer of wealth under the previous administration helped me. There are some great opportunities in America for Individuals and small Businesses that are continually crushed by taxes and government over reach by the leftist Politicians. I have a lot more personal experiences that are against the leftist political machine in America than for.
JohnRawls wrote:Moderates are the majority so its the progressives who should dance to our tune and not the other way around. It is applicable to both the democratic and republican radicals by the way.

It doesn't work this way. Reality does not conform to anyone's political ideas. Reality has overtaken the moderate's prime directive: cope through inaction.

Of course you can insist on this approach, but reality won't bargain with you or make compromises.
JohnRawls wrote:Moderates are the majority so its the progressives who should dance to our tune and not the other way around. It is applicable to both the democratic and republican radicals by the way.

Indeed, but there may be deviations from this in the short run. I do believe progressives will eventually self-destroy if they don't get it, but this will show for the 2022 midterm I think.

The chimp question: https://www.newsweek.com/coul[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]