Americans Fault China for COVID-19, Poll Says - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Godstud wrote:Now, do you approve of Trump praising Xi, or can trump still do no wrong, in your infatuated eyes?

I am sure even those having the intellectual level comparable to Member Hindsite can see that Trump was not (literally) meaning it when he praises Xi Jinping.
Patrickov wrote:can see that Trump was not (literally) meaning it when he praises Xi Jinping.

I for one have never ever sought to idealise Trump's foreign policy. His cozyness with Saudi was quite repulsive to decent people. But for me the comparison for Trump was never with an abstract ideal. Its just overall was it better than the likely Hilary or Biden alternatives? I stated clearly in 2019 and 20 that in a match up between Bernie and Trump I would support Bernie.
Rich wrote:I stated clearly in 2019 and 20 that in a match up between Bernie and Trump I would support Bernie.

Sanders would probably be even softer than Biden towards China. I seriously don't believe such a Saint figure would be good at leading the nation (and by extension the entire free world) into an inevitable non-peaceful conflict. Rather they would try to "do their best" until it is too late.
Patrickov wrote:The statement "propaganda works" shows the utterer is out of depth.

This doesn't mean anything.

The question is always "why" that so-called "propaganda" works.

In the case you're referring to, it might just be due to the hostility towards China in the mainstream corporate media that's reached heights we haven't seen in recent times, that's caused the spike in anti-China sentiment.

Those who listen to so-called "propaganda" are not (all) stupid. Such sentences usually imply the utterer believing the general public being stupid (or at least more stupid than the utterer), showing the utterer having a big opinion on himself.

1. Stop talking like a weirdo.
2. Nobody said anyone is stupid, but your post is making me reconsider.

Such arrogance is exactly why China or these China apologists never understand their problem.

You might want to check your own arrogance (and racism), dude who spends all his time here warmongering against his own country. For someone who claims they're persecuted for their beliefs because of the CCP, you sure do show us how much by bitching and calling for war on China basically 90% of your time here. :lol:

Their favourite country and race are repulsive even among themselves. Get a grip.

I don't have a favourite country or race but I do have consistency in opposing wars on this board, as well as incredibly dangerous calls for war as is the case with the U.S. and China right now. It's you who needs to get a grip and stop acting like you own the narrative on China, you have the entire MSM to share your narrative with, including the majority of posters here, so stop crying like a little controlling bitch because it's not happening with me.
Patrickov wrote:If everything Trump does is against their interest I wouldn't blame them, just like how we feel towards the Chinese Government because what they do are largely against our interests.

A better proof is to find out something that Trump has done is in their interest, and also in a manner acceptable to them (best with examples that a Democrat president having done exactly the same and publicly endorsed), yet they still criticise Trump for it.

Do you mean like when Joe Biden delivered a eulogy for Senate segregationist and former KKK "Exalted Cyclops" leader Robert Byrd.

He called him a "mentor," a "guide," and a "friend."

Byrd once led a KKK chapter with 150 members.

Beter yet what about Trumps criminal reform and the First Step Act?
Why Americans fault China for covid:

CHINA'S COVID-19 'COVER-UP'

China's President Xi Jinping knew about the coronavirus on January 7 yet China only shut down the epicentre of the outbreak, Hubei province, on January 23, after 5 million people had left to travel through China and the world

China has since admitted destroying early samples of coronavirus in January, but claims it was acting in the interests of public health and denies stonewalling sample requests from other countries
The US has accused China of concealing the severity of the virus, and hoarding medical supplies while the world was still unaware of the threat

China is also accused of silencing doctors, making whistleblowers 'disappear', hiding the true death toll, suppressing information and censoring news reports during the early stages of the outbreak, and pressuring the World Health Organisation to delay public warnings and downplay the risks of the epidemic

A German intelligence report claims President Xi personally asked WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus to hold back information about human-to-human transmission and delay a pandemic warning

The report claims China's information policy cost the world four to six weeks of vital time needed to fight the virus

China filed a patent for the drug Remdesivir, seen as one of the best potential weapons against COVID-19, the day after it finally confirmed human transmission of the disease. The application was made by Wuhan Institute of Virology, the top-secret bio-laboratory at the centre of concerns about a possible leak of the disease from its research on bats, and the country’s Military Medicine Institute

China has strenuously denied accusations of a cover up, insisting it has always shared information with the WHO and other countries in a timely manner
skinster wrote:In the case you're referring to, it might just be due to the hostility towards China in the mainstream corporate media that's reached heights we haven't seen in recent times, that's caused the spike in anti-China sentiment.

It still has to match what the people perceive in order to work. China also releases propaganda but it does not work.

That means either China does have something that worth these people's resentment, or most (if not all) of these people are stupid or wrong.

skinster wrote:... you have the entire MSM to share your narrative with ...

In Hong Kong the opposite is true: Most Hong Kong MSM are pro-Beijing.

skinster wrote:... including the majority of posters here ...

In some sense this statement is also opposite to the truth.

In fact, some who attacked you recently despise me more, and at one point I was on the brink of being banned because of this.
Patrickov wrote:It still has to match what the people perceive in order to work. China also releases propaganda but it does not work.

But maybe it does work, considering over 90% satisfaction in the government.

That means either China does have something that worth these people's resentment, or most (if not all) of these people are stupid or wrong.

They might think you're stupid and wrong.

In Hong Kong the opposite is true: Most Hong Kong MSM are pro-Beijing.

I know there's much support for the Chinese government in Hong Kong too, contrary to some claims here.

In fact, some who attacked you recently despise me more, and at one point I was on the brink of being banned because of this.

Well threatening death on other posters here isn't wise. You needn't play victim. The same threat of a ban would happen to anyone else who did what you did.
skinster wrote:But maybe it does work, considering over 90% satisfaction in the government.

Chinese propaganda only works without other kind of information (at least some of which not propaganda) present. In fact, China has to rely on the Great Firewall to control information. (on this regard, I do not 100% agree with Mike Pompeo's Clean Network program)

skinster wrote:They might think you're stupid and wrong.

A proof that I should use pronouns more carefully.

I was saying if "Western malice" is the only reason that "their propaganda works", then you must be implying those resenting China, which have a significant number "are stupid or wrong".

While I do hold such view against China-supporters, I did try to analyse what's happening. See below.

skinster wrote:I know there's much support for the Chinese government in Hong Kong too, contrary to some claims here.

"Much" is debatable, but I won't say it's a tiny portion. Still, there are mainly split into four kinds:
1. Perpetrators themselves
2. Benefited from all those corrupt acts of the government
3. "Pan-Chinese" glory seekers (大中華膠) (very much like glory seekers of big football clubs)
4. Those either too lazy or too incapable of independent thinking to see their nation's "rise" does not actually benefit them at all. Most of these are so-called "low-end population" (低端人口) and won't have their lives changed no matter who's in power.

skinster wrote:Well threatening death on other posters here isn't wise. You needn't play victim. The same threat of a ban would happen to anyone else who did what you did.

It is not my fault to point out that some people are so rampantly defending the indefensible that they have effectively declared themselves perpetrators in active collaboration with the Chinese government, and thus not deserving their freedom or basic rights. It's obvious that I have no ability to take corresponding action, and it's common sense that whoever in power

1. Have much more important things to do than persecuting a group of people for the sake of it, and
2. even with that, they have to find other more agreeable ways first.

Not even the Nazis themselves started the Holocaust right after the war started -- it took them a good two years before they actually take killing Jews into action.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]