skinster wrote:But maybe it does work, considering over 90% satisfaction in the government.
Chinese propaganda only works without other kind of information
(at least some of which not
propaganda) present. In fact, China has to rely on the Great Firewall to control information. (on this regard, I do not 100% agree with Mike Pompeo's Clean Network program)
skinster wrote:They might think you're stupid and wrong.
A proof that I should use pronouns more carefully.
I was saying if "Western malice" is the only reason that "their propaganda works", then you must be implying those resenting China, which have a significant number
"are stupid or wrong".
While I do
hold such view against China-supporters, I did try to analyse what's happening. See below.
skinster wrote:I know there's much support for the Chinese government in Hong Kong too, contrary to some claims here.
"Much" is debatable, but I won't say it's a tiny portion. Still, there are mainly split into four kinds:
1. Perpetrators themselves
2. Benefited from all those corrupt acts of the government
3. "Pan-Chinese" glory seekers (大中華膠) (very much like glory seekers of big football clubs)
4. Those either too lazy or too incapable of independent thinking to see their nation's "rise" does not actually benefit them at all. Most of these are so-called "low-end population" (低端人口) and won't have their lives changed no matter who's in power.
skinster wrote:Well threatening death on other posters here isn't wise. You needn't play victim. The same threat of a ban would happen to anyone else who did what you did.
It is not my fault to point out that some people are so rampantly defending the indefensible that they have effectively declared themselves perpetrators in active collaboration with the Chinese government, and thus not deserving their freedom or basic rights. It's obvious that I have no ability to take corresponding action, and it's common sense that whoever in power
1. Have much more important things to do than persecuting a group of people for the sake of it, and
2. even with that, they have to
find other more agreeable ways first.
Not even the Nazis themselves started the Holocaust right after the war started -- it took them a good two years before they actually take killing Jews into action.