Is NYC dead forever? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Rugoz
#15114692
Heisenberg wrote:People have been fretting about the "tax base leaving" since at least the 1970s.

"NYC is dead forever" is a lot like "a second civil war is imminent". It's mostly a weird fantasy for the far-right to jerk itself off to.


Don't they say the same about California since like forever? It's funny.
User avatar
By Oxymoron
#15114695
Rugoz wrote:Don't they say the same about California since like forever? It's funny.

There is currently a mass exodus from California.... so yeah funny
By Rugoz
#15114697
Oxymoron wrote:There is currently a mass exodus from California.... so yeah funny


You know what's the problem with you people? You're simply untrustworthy. I have to check everything you say, which is super-annoying.

Image
User avatar
By Oxymoron
#15114699
Rugoz wrote:You know what's the problem with you people? You're simply untrustworthy. I have to check everything you say, which is super-annoying.

Image



California had been growing like crazy, in 2019 the growth leveled off to levels not seen in 100 years. This year has intensified that trajectory, and the population will start to decline.
By Doug64
#15114700
@Rugoz

More people are moving out of California than moving in, the only reason the population is still rising is because of births. There’s a reason California isn’t expected to gain a House seat after the 2020 census and may even lose one.
By wat0n
#15114703
IIRC California has also had net international immigration into the State. But yes, Californians do seem to be moving out of the State in net terms, if one limits the analysis to US residents.

In 2018, around 500k people from other States moved to California while around 690k Californians moved to other States. Around 285k people from abroad moved to California as well, so its net migration is positive if one includes people arriving into California from other countries, although the table doesn't include those living in California who moved out of the US. Source: Census Bureau.
Last edited by wat0n on 21 Aug 2020 21:24, edited 4 times in total.
By skinster
#15114704
Oxymoron wrote:I hope your right.


I mean, name one actual leftist in your government. :lol:

Liberals are not leftists. They're centre-right to be polite and rightwingers basically to be correct.
User avatar
By Oxymoron
#15114707
skinster wrote:I mean, name one actual leftist in your government. :lol:

Liberals are not leftists. They're centre-right to be polite and rightwingers basically to be correct.


Well my issue is that they are soft, and they are easily led by the likes of Antifa.... as far as leftist Deblasio is basically a commie
By Rugoz
#15114731
Oxymoron wrote:California had been growing like crazy, in 2019 the growth leveled off to levels not seen in 100 years. This year has intensified that trajectory, and the population will start to decline.


Except this year's population growth is speculation from your part and will not in any way or form qualify as a mass exodus. You were simply bullshitting, which is a common behavior among your kind.

Doug64 wrote:More people are moving out of California than moving in, the only reason the population is still rising is because of births. There’s a reason California isn’t expected to gain a House seat after the 2020 census and may even lose one.


More nonsense, as wat0n just showed. It's not surprising that California attracts lots of foreigners, not counting them as population is frankly absurd.

Edit: This graph suggests net migration was negative in 2018, so I don't know whether wat0n's numbers are correct:
Image
By wat0n
#15114736
I don't know, it's what I found from the Census Bureau. Maybe it doesn't include emigration from California outside the US? :?:

PS: Looking at the table, the 285k number is the number of immigrants from abroad arriving into California. So yeah, it doesn't include emigration from California to other countries.
#15114866
California's growth is all illegal immigrants and welfare babies. Not all growth is good. Who cares if a place is growing when everyone who can produce anything of value is leaving? Tumors grow too.
By Rugoz
#15114869
Wulfschilde wrote:California's growth is all illegal immigrants and welfare babies. Not all growth is good. Who cares if a place is growing when everyone who can produce anything of value is leaving? Tumors grow too.


Have you checked? No obviously not. But you're one of those people I do not even attempt to take seriously, so write whatever you want.
#15114871
Rugoz wrote:Have you checked? No obviously not. But you're one of those people I do not even attempt to take seriously, so write whatever you want.

Keep lying about it, at this point such things only make it worse :D
By Rugoz
#15114882
Wulfschilde wrote:Keep lying about it, at this point such things only make it worse :D


Lying about what? You made a claim, it's your job to back it up with stats.
#15114888
Yes, Doug64, the man who once called the Royal Canadian Mounted Police because I insulted your daughter while you were defending the Charlottesville nazis. NYC, a city so wealthy that it ranks among nations and equals countries as large as South Korea in terms of GDP, is teetering on the verge of failure. You nailed it, bro.

"Yes hello Canadian 911? I'd like to report a post. I have been owned, please send a squad car."

Thank you for sharing this self-published LinkedIn article with us.
By Doug64
#15115025
Rugoz wrote:Edit: This graph suggests net migration was negative in 2018, so I don't know whether wat0n's numbers are correct:
Image

2017 is also a net loss, and 2016 and below on the chart are positive only due to international immigration (presumably including illegal migration). An interesting question that I have no idea how to get an answer to is how many of the domestic emigration is made up of foreigners that decided that California isn't the land of opportunity they thought it was. :D
#15115217
Image
I forgot about this. It's not just NY city that has these issues, in SF they downgraded shoplifting to a misdemeanor and so combined with a lack of bail laws, people just walk into stores and clear them out.

We'll get at least 100 days of consecutive protests in Portland and a Democrat cannot cope with New York city's budget problems, so it's just going to keep getting worse in these places. Stuff is like out of an 80's or 90's movie.
Image

It's also crazy stuff like this becoming commonplace that made Russia support Putin with 80% margins and so-on. The next generation is not going to want to see any of this stuff being normal even if heavily medicated Boomers and Millennials are OK with it.
#15115218
I noticed you used images that have the date clipped out for some reason. Surely, this is for purely honest intellectual and academic reasons in the purpose of creating a fruitful intellectual discourse. I do not have any reservations about a large, nation spanning corporation choosing not to put products on shelves (and therefore invalidate their business model) and fully accept your tweet from some nobody as the apparent truth it so obviously is.

Also I don't see how shoplifting would already be a misdemeanor. Did you think shoplifting a few sodas or something was a felony?

@Godstud Bull fucking shit @Godstud . The p[…]

Election 2020

You literally justified not counting votes because[…]

Okay, and I have a small request -- could you inc[…]

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/13219872[…]