Kenosha, Wisconsin: is that how civil war starts? - Page 20 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
@Oxymoron

Citizen's arrest...

Rosenbaum's, Huber's, and Grosskreutz's attempts to disarm and arrest Rittenhouse were lawful.

Wisconsin's common law provisions allow a citizen to use reasonable force (Rosenbaum's plastic bag, Grosskreutz's pistol) when arresting a person when the citizen has probable cause to believe that person has committed a felony (intentional homicide) or misdemeanor (illegal possession of a firearm).

:)
Last edited by ingliz on 02 Sep 2020 22:27, edited 2 times in total.
ingliz wrote:@Oxymoron

Citizen's arrest...

Rosenbaum's, Huber's, and Grosskreutz's attempts to arrest Rittenhouse were lawful.

Wisconsin's common law provisions allows a citizen to use reasonable force (Rosenbaum's plastic bag, Grosskreutz's pistol) when arresting a person when the citizen has probable cause to believe that person has committed a felony (intentional homicide) or misdemeanor (illegal possession of a firearm).

One, what reason would they have to think Rittenhouse was in illegal possession of a firearm? Two, is there a single witness that has claimed any of Rittenhouse’s attackers were trying to make an arrest? And three, why would we believe such claims from the thugs helping destroy Kenosha—or at least a good-sized chunk of it—anyway?
Doug64 wrote:Why...?

Because he only looked around 12 years old and appeared not to know how to handle the weapon safely (According to McGinnis).

ingliz wrote:@Oxymoron

Citizen's arrest...

Rosenbaum's, Huber's, and Grosskreutz's attempts to disarm and arrest Rittenhouse were lawful.

Wisconsin's common law provisions allow a citizen to use reasonable force (Rosenbaum's plastic bag, Grosskreutz's pistol) when arresting a person when the citizen has probable cause to believe that person has committed a felony (intentional homicide) or misdemeanor (illegal possession of a firearm).

court will have to figure it out then...I doubt it will be on the side of "vigilantes" on either side. My idea is that he will be found guilt of a lower crime as a plea deal, or if he wants to prove a point he will take it to court... No way a Jury will find him guilty of murder... that is an absolutely idiotic charge here. Same way the Cop involved with Flyod will be found innocent, because the charges were designed to play to the Mob not get a conviction.
Yes, the economy overall is not good, but there is no economic schism in the US that would create a civil war.

For example, the last civil war in the USA was fought partly because the south was going to lose their slave based economy. The conservatives clamouring for a civil war today do not have the same economic prognosis.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Except the US unemployment rate, which is still higher than the 2008 recession and was at an all-time high in April, and the overall economy being shitty.

yes, but at least some/many of these jobs will come back, so we have to wait until we get passed COVID to see what the sustained unemployment rate. If many of those jobs don't come back, then yes, we might have a problem, if most of those jobs do come back even at lower wages.... then no issues.

In short, too early to tell. However, my guess is, even though COVID will cause the wealth gap to get even bigger, it's still won't be big enough. I think things still have to get worse. Even though many are past their breaking point, not enough of us are near the breaking point.

Ultimately, I just see the US becoming much like Latin American countries. We won't see a revolution, we'll just have a small upper/middle class with a lot of mostly poor people just trying to get by day to day. The upper classes will hold power, lie and trick the poor to maintain their power. Pretty simple
ingliz wrote:Because he only looked around 12 years old and appeared not to know how to handle the weapon safely (According to McGinnis).

I note you only dealt with one of my three questions, with a single witness only peripherally involved.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, the economy overall is not good, but there is no economic schism in the US that would create a civil war.

For example, the last civil war in the USA was fought partly because the south was going to lose their slave based economy. The conservatives clamouring for a civil war today do not have the same economic prognosis.

If there was a civil war i don't think it would be fought on economic, but rather identity politics.

We saw it in Charlottesville and the recent riots.
Unthinking Majority wrote:If there was a civil war i don't think it would be fought on economic, but rather identity politics.

We saw it in Charlottesville and the recent riots.

People do not go to war over whether or not they use PC language.
Pants-of-dog wrote:People do not go to war over whether or not they use PC language.

These riots and Charlottesville aren't about PC language. A ton of civil wars start over identity politics. Most countries who succeed and become independent do it for identity politics. But I'm not saying war will happen in the US. Probably more riots if Trump wins in Nov though.

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]