Another Black Man's death blamed on Police - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Politics_Observer wrote:Yeah I believe that too!

Back in the 80s, U2 did a famous video in downtown LA for "Where the Streets Have No Name", where they started an impromptu concert and huge crowds swarmed downtown. The cops came, shut off the power and ordered them to leave. That's what police get ordered to do.

Here's a video of my buddy and his partner with Fly Benzo, and his crew. When rappers throw an impromptu concert, the police are called to disband it. The police cut the power. Whereas, Bono and crew stop and leave peacefully, Fly Benzo and crew do not and it becomes a fracas.

Nobody gets shot, the cop with the baseball hat is my buddy. His partner was an Afghanistan vet. He's the guy at the beginning with the bike helmet on. A few years later, my buddy and I were looking at boats. In conversation with the owner of one boat we were looking at, my buddy mentioned he was with SFPD, and the guy asked if we knew so and so. My buddy said, "Yea, he used to be my partner." Sometime after this incident, my buddy's partner moved I think to Kentucky or Tennessee and became a firefighter--a lot happier now I think. (cops and firefighters have rivalry if you didn't know) It turned out that the guy with the boat used to be his Sgt. back in Afghanistan. Small world sometimes.

Politics_Observer wrote:We lost a First Sergeant in Afghanistan in my brigade due to some circumstances that I wont go into which put us more on edge at the time during our tour. One of my best buddies in my platoon was a cop (served in a national guard unit) and he had actually been in a police shooting prior to our deployment.

By the time our tour was over he was all PTSD out and I am thinking 'Is this guy going back on the streets as a police officer?" Another guy I knew was a cop too who had been in numerous fire fights in Afghanistan. Went back home and soon after he was in the news because he was involved in a shooting as a cop executing his official duties.

Yeah, and the government bends over backwards to make sure they have jobs when they get back, which is how it should be. However, I think they probably also need some retraining so that the military training and the police training are not in conflict. In stressful situations, people rely on their training and it becomes reflexive. If cops are under stress and they react to their military training rather than their police training, bad things can happen unnecessarily.
blackjack21 wrote:Yeah, and the government bends over backwards to make sure they have jobs when they get back, which is how it should be. However, I think they probably also need some retraining so that the military training and the police training are not in conflict. In stressful situations, people rely on their training and it becomes reflexive. If cops are under stress and they react to their military training rather than their police training, bad things can happen unnecessarily.

Yes the government does. I did not think it was a good idea that some of my fellow soldiers went back to policing after that tour we had though. It was a tough tour. We fought very well too and did an outstanding job. We won all the engagements we were in. I actually think the National Guard units did a better job in combat than regular army units and I think a large reason for this is because we had older more mature people in our units who worked civilian jobs when they were not soldiering. So, most guys in my unit had a lot of life experience and maturity. We were also much more adaptable too. Like taking .50 cal ammo cans and filling them with 7.62 rounds and strapping them to our M240 machine guns so that when we were in a tick, we didn't need to reload our weapons and could keep firing. But we all needed to take some time to mentally recover after that tour man. I am very proud to have served on that tour and we fought well, but damn, combat really fucking sucks man.
@blackjack21

We would also empty out the mark19 ammo cans and full them full of .50 cal ammo and strap them a mark19 ammo can full of .50 call ammo on each side of our .50 cal machine guns so when we got into a tick we wouldn't have to reload in the middle of a firefight. The MRAPs or armored up humvees that had M240 machine guns were full of .50 cal ammo cans that had 7.62 rounds in them plus a .50 cal ammo can full of 7.62 rounds strapped to both sides of our M240 machine guns. MRAPs and armored up humvees with .50 cal machine guns were filled with mark 19 ammo cans that had .50 cal ammo in them and mark 19 ammo cans strapped to both sides of each .50 cal machine gun with both ammo cans full to the brim of .50 cal ammo. That was a little trick we learned to keep our machine guns firing in a firefight without having to reload when caught in an ambush.
So Mr. Prude was killed during his arrest for running around nude while on drugs.

Google provides a plethora of (admittedly amusing) stories of white guys doing this that do not lead to arrest or if they lead to arrest, no one is hurt.
@Crantag @blackjack21

Blackjack probably wouldn't like this classic but I think Crantag might. I love it:

Another one from the West Coast, Dr. Dre

@blackjack21

If I was in that police officers position, I personally would not have grabbed the dude who was video taping me with their smart phone and tried to arrest him unless I was under orders to do so. I'd just let him film and run his mouth at me. However, if the law required they needed to clear out, then if they didn't follow police orders to clear then the cops would have to go and arrest them and enforce the law. It's part of the job. If the cops told them to clear out then they should have cleared out. I wouldn't have stuck around if I were them and got my ass arrested if the cops told me to clear out.
blackjack21 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzZWSrr5wFI

Back in the 80s, U2 did a famous video in downtown LA for "Where the Streets Have No Name", where they started an impromptu concert and huge crowds swarmed downtown. The cops came, shut off the power and ordered them to leave. That's what police get ordered to do.

Here's a video of my buddy and his partner with Fly Benzo, and his crew. When rappers throw an impromptu concert, the police are called to disband it. The police cut the power. Whereas, Bono and crew stop and leave peacefully, Fly Benzo and crew do not and it becomes a fracas.

Nobody gets shot, the cop with the baseball hat is my buddy. His partner was an Afghanistan vet. He's the guy at the beginning with the bike helmet on. A few years later, my buddy and I were looking at boats. In conversation with the owner of one boat we were looking at, my buddy mentioned he was with SFPD, and the guy asked if we knew so and so. My buddy said, "Yea, he used to be my partner." Sometime after this incident, my buddy's partner moved I think to Kentucky or Tennessee and became a firefighter--a lot happier now I think. (cops and firefighters have rivalry if you didn't know) It turned out that the guy with the boat used to be his Sgt. back in Afghanistan. Small world sometimes.

Yeah, and the government bends over backwards to make sure they have jobs when they get back, which is how it should be. However, I think they probably also need some retraining so that the military training and the police training are not in conflict. In stressful situations, people rely on their training and it becomes reflexive. If cops are under stress and they react to their military training rather than their police training, bad things can happen unnecessarily.

Nice videos. Look like a bunch of dickhole cops to me. And like I said, I blame the institution not the individuals, which sorta seems on a par with what you had to say.
Crantag wrote:This one isn't as much of a political statement, but is sorta a funny video. It is a bit of an anecdote, but look at him go. Seems like PCP is a hell of a drug. Maybe I should try it, lol.

He had 4 cops on him, punched one in the face, roll kicked another and then shoulder slammed him. He beat up 2 cops with 4 cops on him. PCP is a hell of a drug, it would seem.
Crantag wrote:He had 4 cops on him, punched one in the face, roll kicked another and then shoulder slammed him. He beat up 2 cops with 4 cops on him. PCP is a hell of a drug, it would seem.

It's not the drugs, it's just the way cops are hamstrung by laws so they have to engage in clumsy arrests by committee. Not a single one of the cops wants to commit fully, so they all do a half assed job. They know they can't hurt him much, so they have to tussle piecemeal with the lunatic instead of just stomping on his dumb head and ending the struggle in seconds.

I support head stomps in case you are wondering. It keeps the law enforcement safe, surrounding public safe and quickly disables the druggie. If he dies he dies. Nobody put him in that situation but himself. People who can't control themselves should be controlled by definition.
Igor Antunov wrote:It's not the drugs, it's just the way cops are hamstrung by laws so they have to engage in clumsy arrests by committee. Not a single one of the cops wants to commit fully, so they all do a half assed job. They know they can't hurt him much, so they have to tussle piecemeal with the lunatic instead of just stomping on his dumb head and ending the struggle in seconds.

I support head stomps in case you are wondering. It keeps the law enforcement safe, surrounding public safe and quickly disables the druggie. If he dies he dies. Nobody put him in that situation but himself. People who can't control themselves should be controlled by definition.

Yeah, well said. They should have just pulled out their pistols and started shooting, don't even engage in that grappling shit. The guy was naked, so he was too slippery.

Spoiler: show
And if you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic, and fuck you, rightwing deathcultist.
Crantag wrote:Yeah, well said. They should have just pulled out their pistols and started shooting, don't even engage in that grappling shit. The guy was naked, so he was too slippery.

Spoiler: show
And if you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic, and fuck you, rightwing deathcultist.

Let me ask you this, would you be opposed to the idea of tarnishing/contaminating the recent discovery of extraterrestrial Venusian life with bacterial lifeforms from earth (resulting in a sort of bacterial genocide) and if you are opposed to this, why do you support abortion, the ongoing genocide of unborn human children?

Why should a failed adult or a microbe on Venus have more worth than an unborn baby? I'm not talking fetuses, but late term abortions. Why do you support such a practice...leftist death-cultist?
Igor Antunov wrote:Let me ask you this, would you be opposed to the idea of tarnishing/contaminating the recent discovery of extraterrestrial Venusian life with bacterial lifeforms from earth (resulting in a sort of bacterial genocide) and if you are opposed to this, why do you support abortion, the ongoing genocide of unborn human children?

Why should a failed adult or a microbe on Venus have more worth than an unborn baby? I'm not talking fetuses, but late term abortions. Why do you support such a practice...leftist death-cultist?

In between your nonsensical gibberish, you posed a question.

I am actually anti-abortion, yet pro choice, and I explain it to people in conversation, and did so the other day.

I am actually rather quite anti-abortion. But I understand too that abortion is an ancient art, and at the end of the day, it is the woman's right to choose, in my opinion.

I don't think there is a regular practice to abort cattle, and I expect that most abortions are not done out of preference, and our fucked up social system pushes people into it.

Since you asked.
You're either anti-abortion or pro-choice, pick one. Nobody should have the choice to kill an infant late into a pregnancy because they've effectively had months to do it before babby became fully human, so whats the excuse for doing it so late? Might as well give birth then smash the newborns head against a rock. Same thing.

Hey if you're anti-abortion but pro choice, I'm pro-abortion and anti-choice, i.e abortion of criminals and low lives in their 20th year post-birth, they should have no say when or how they're disposed of.

If the police are called and you're being violent, then all the blame is on YOU for what happens next.
Igor Antunov wrote:You're either anti-abortion or pro-choice, pick one. Nobody should have the choice to kill an infant late into a pregnancy because they've effectively had months to do it before babby became fully human, so whats the excuse for doing it so late? Might as well give birth then smash the newborns head against a rock. Same thing.

Hey if you're anti-abortion but pro choice, I'm pro-abortion and anti-choice, i.e abortion of criminals and low lives in their 20th year post-birth, they should have no say when or how they're disposed of.

If the police are called and you're being violent, then all the blame is on YOU for what happens next.

You see the world in black and white.

I'm sorry that your intelligence or education is not sufficient for you to understand a nuanced argument.

I lived in Asia for many years, and guess what, they have traditional herbal medicines for abortion.
Crantag wrote:You see the world in black and white.

I'm sorry that your intelligence or education is not sufficient for you to understand a nuanced argument.

I lived in Asia for many years, and guess what, they have traditional herbal medicines for abortion.

Any such attempt by mankind to murder the unborn is sin against God.
Praise the Lord.
Hindsite wrote:Any such attempt by mankind to murder the unborn is sin against God.
Praise the Lord.

Hindsite, nobody takes you seriously anymore, you are such an obvious troll. I don't know that I actually want you as a reference for the rightwing troll farm. You aren't actually that good at your job.
Crantag wrote:Hindsite, nobody takes you seriously anymore, you are such an obvious troll. I don't know that I actually want you as a reference for the rightwing troll farm. You aren't actually that good at your job.

Your kind don't like to hear the truth of God.
HalleluYah

@Drlee Unlike @JohnRawls I don't think Ameri[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Startup in Muscovy : mother of a Muscovite soldier[…]

Got to watch the lexicon. Heritable is not a real[…]

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]