Donald Trump admits he played down coronavirus risk - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Julian658 wrote:That is a great post. By the way most people are mundane and average and quite a lot are mediocre. The people that climb to the top have something extra. Trump may be a fool, but he managed to become president. The other billionaire Bloomberg failed miserably. Obama had massive charisma and believe it or not the correct skin color for that time. He was elected twice even though black Americans are only 13%.
[/b]

I agree with this. I have at least some respect for the used-car salesmen named Obama and Trump, since they rose to the top of the heap. Doesn't mean they aren't liars and a-holes though.

Obama, Clinton, JFK, Reagan...all incredibly skilled politicians because they'll knife you in the stomach while smiling for the camera and you'll still like them.
Unthinking Majority wrote:I agree with this. I have at least some respect for the used-car salesmen named Obama and Trump, since they rose to the top of the heap. Doesn't mean they aren't liars and a-holes though.

Obama, Clinton, JFK, Reagan...all incredibly skilled politicians because they'll knife you in the stomach while smiling for the camera and you'll still like them.

I do agree with this, but I don't agree with you agreeing with that cultist's racist post. I think the racism slipped under your nose though.
Atlantis wrote:@Sivad, @BlackJack, @Hindsite, et al., how does it feel that your cult leader betrayed you?

He knew how dangerous it was and took precautions for his personal safety while doing everything to allow the virus to spread so you would get infected and possibly die.

The Trump of God did not betray me. I am still alive and kicking, even though I am considered within the more at risk group that is not in a nursing home.

I paid attention to the original Presidential briefings on the China virus instead of those that listened to the panic messages on social media that claimed people should buy up toilet paper, paper towels, sanitizing sprays and lotions, and enough non-perishable foods to last two years. Here where I live, those panicky fools wiped out those supplies from the local stores. Lucky for my wife and me, we already had enough of those supplies on hand to last until the stores could begin getting new supplies

The stock market took a big hit, but at least people were not so panicky as to make a run on the banks. So if President Trump helped to not panic people anymore than they were, then I am grateful and will certainly vote for the Trump of God again.
Crantag wrote:I do agree with this, but I don't agree with you agreeing with that cultist's racist post. I think the racism slipped under your nose though.

Ah, so you are one of those that sees anti racism as religion. That explains the massive trigger.
Beren wrote:I don't really follow COVID-19 news from the US, but videos of Trump are terrible. It's always like he has serious issues with speaking proper English, for example.

The Trump of God speaks the common American working man's English. That is what the MSM don't understand. We understand America first, as one example.
Praise the Lord.

Sivad wrote:The other thing to keep in mind is Trump wasn't the only one playing it down, I got clip after clip of top establishment officials from California to DC to New York to London all the way into early March saying covid was nothing to worry about and people should come out to major cities to go shopping and attend festivals. So when they point the finger at Trump on this one they got three fingers pointing back at themselves.

It's also worth noting that the Democrats have continued with lockdowns and all the rest of the bullshit long after the science has come in saying that the virus is orders of magnitudes less virulent then initially claimed, that it's less contagious, that it's not really all that dangerous to children or young healthy people, that lockdowns aren't even effective, etc. These are all crazy fucking lies the establishment is pumping out every day 24/7 just to keep its new expanded biosecurity powers in effect. If Trump played it down the establishment has hyped the holy fuck out of it and the crazy lies the establishment continues to spew are totally malicious. The establishment isn't lying to prevent disaster, the establishment is lying to deliberately precipitate a disaster that can then be capitalized on to further expand its own power.

I agree. I have checked out the so-called lies that the left-wing media claim have been coming from President Trump. In my opinion, those are not lies or malicious deceptions, but difference in beliefs or opinions. However, I do see the Democrats as complete bald faced liars in an attempt to deceive the public. The worse that I can say of President Trump is that he might tell, what my mother used to call, a little white lie, like Santa Claus, for example.

There is a California PHD type, not a medical scientist, that has said the schools there will have to remain closed until election time. That sounds like an admission that these continued "lockdowns" are political decisions and not based on science at all.
Bob Woodward had that recording of Trump saying he plays it down since February. Did Bob Woodward endanger public health by not releasing the recording sooner? Did Bob Woodward sacrifice a shitload of people just to boost his book sales? Maybe Woodward sacrificed all those people just for partisan politics? Did Bob Woodward fail to warn the country that Trump was lying because he wanted to wait for the perfect time in the election to drop his "bombshell" and maximise the political damage to Trump? Is Bob Woodward a deranged sociopathic partisan hack? The answer to all those question according to Bob Woodward's own logic is Yes. :lol:

Crantag wrote:What a dipshit loser Sivad is. His last comment speaks for itself.

Forget the user. Consider the question. If Trump is a dipshit for knowing and downplaying the risk, why is the person who knew that he was lying for six months and about to profit from that morally superior?

This is just another example that capitalism, profits and politics is bigger than health and civic duty in America.
B0ycey wrote:Forget the user. Consider the question. If Trump is a dipshit for knowing and downplaying the risk, why is the person who knew that he was lying for six months and about to profit from that morally superior?

This is just another example that capitalism, profits and politics is bigger than health and civic duty in America.

Yeah let's scapegoat a journalist and ignore the criminal. It is merely an attempt at deflection. The rightwing death cultists are just mad that Woodward has made their cult leader look bad. There is no equivalence here.
B0ycey wrote:Forget the user. Consider the question. If Trump is a dipshit for knowing and downplaying the risk, why is the person who knew that he was lying for six months and about to profit from that morally superior?

Trump was lying for six months? Really? Who'd have thought that! The guy opens his mouth and the lying starts, and it lasts until he finishes talking, I wonder if how anyone needs Woodward to reveal that for them. However, he's a hero also while lying, because he lies for us, so fuck Woodward! :lol:

Woodward's character is irrelevant at the moment, the story is that matters. Woodward's just a journalist in capitalist America full of opportunism, while Trump's president running for reelection, for god's sake. :roll:
Beren wrote:Woodward's character is irrelevant at the moment, the story is that matters. Woodward's just a journalist in capitalist America full of opportunism, while Trump's president running for reelection, for god's sake. :roll:

If Trump lies all the time, what makes this lie newsworthy under your critique?

This isn't about Woodwards character anyways. It is simply pointing out irony. If Trump was wrong for lying and this is newsworthy now, especially as he is responsible for "so many deaths", then why wasn't it newsworthy six months ago when something could have been done to prevent these deaths? Not to mention that Woodward is profiting from this for gods sake :roll:
Beren wrote:In my opinion nothing really makes it newsworthy, however, the story still should be about Trump and not Woodward.

But the story is about Trump and not Woodward. Whether Woodward put greed above lives doesn't mean Trump was right. It just means that Woodward is just as morally bankrupt as Trump. Two wrongs don't make a right. That is my point.
B0ycey wrote:If Trump lies all the time, what makes this lie newsworthy under your critique?

This isn't about Woodwards character anyways. It is simply pointing out irony. If Trump was wrong for lying and this is newsworthy now, especially as he is responsible for "so many deaths", then why wasn't it newsworthy six months ago when something could have been done to prevent these deaths? Not to mention that Woodward is profiting from this for gods sake :roll:

I'm starting to be suspect about you. Use your brain. Trump is the damn president. Woodward is merely 'guilty' of exposing his lies. Trump has absolutely failed, and I suspect that he enjoys the death and suffering. Now maybe you should stop defending him and stop participating in this weak ass attempt to scapegoat Woodward in order to deflect from Trump's mass homicides.

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]

The more time passes, the more instances of harass[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]