Trump's Taxes Revealed Finally - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The N.Y. Times reported that Trump paid no federal income taxes in 11 of 18 years the newspaper looked at. In 2017, after he became president, his tax bill was only $750. The Times was brutal in its assessment of Trump’s businesses, about which he often boasts and on the back of which he sought to promote a carefully curated image as a master businessman. “Trump’s core enterprises – from his constellation of golf courses to his conservative-magnet hotel in Washington – report losing millions, if not tens of millions, of dollars year after year,” the newspaper said.

The paper reported: “In the 1990s, Mr Trump nearly ruined himself by personally guaranteeing hundreds of millions of dollars in loans, and he has since said that he regretted doing so. But he has taken the same step again, his tax records show. He appears to be responsible for loans totaling $421m, most of which is coming due within four years.”

“Even while declaring losses, he has managed to enjoy a lavish lifestyle by taking tax deductions on what most people would consider personal expenses, including residences, aircraft and $70,000 in HAIRSTYLING ( :lol: ) for television,” the Times reported on Sunday.

“Ivanka Trump, while working as an employee of the Trump Organization, appears to have received ‘consulting fees’ that also helped reduce the family’s tax bill.”

Stay tuned kids …… this is a big one.
jimjam wrote:Stay tuned kids …… this is a big one.

Doesn't matter man. He is the Teflon man and has a cult of personality. All of this just simply doesn't matter.
Won't matter much at all with Trump followers. They are not smart enough to understand this stuff at all and besides....lib'rals and ma'guns and da sosh'lists.

It might make independents stop and think a little. I would hammer this home over and over again if I was running the Biden campaign. I would make a commercial showing a minimum wage worker paying more than Trump does in taxes and have her explain to her kids why she doesn't have a limousine and a jet airplane.

It is fun to know however that according to his taxes, I am much wealthier than Trump. Maybe his two sons managed their allowance better.
jimjam wrote:The N.Y. Times reported that Trump paid no federal income taxes in 11 of 18 years the newspaper looked at. In 2017, after he became president, his tax bill was only $750. The Times was brutal in its assessment of Trump’s businesses, about which he often boasts and on the back of which he sought to promote a carefully curated image as a master businessman. “Trump’s core enterprises – from his constellation of golf courses to his conservative-magnet hotel in Washington – report losing millions, if not tens of millions, of dollars year after year,” the newspaper said.

If Trump's tax avoidance is legal, I don't see anything wrong with him doing this since it's within the legal, what is actually wrong is a system that legally allows such things to happen for the wealthy. If he has lost a lot of money he could write that off too and not pay much taxes. Anyone with a business also writes off anything they can muster and put it through the business, no news there.

More damning is how his business moves have behaved.

Also, how did the NYT get his tax returns? Is it legal to publish it?
Rancid wrote:Doesn't matter man. He is the Teflon man and has a cult of personality. All of this just simply doesn't matter.

Insofar as both sides seem quite locked in and are not about to change their minds ….. I agree.

But ….. the devil is in the details and we have a whole month to sort out the details ….. some of which will be quite damning to the trump fairy tale. This will serve the purpose of motivating the anti Donald faction to make certain they vote. They are already pissed off and will be even more pissed off. The percentage or two or three that dislike Donald but may sit home will now have increased motivation to boot a president who clearly does not represent them.

In his first two years as president, Trump received $73m from foreign operations, including $3m from the Philippines, $2.3m from India and $1m from Turkey. In 2017 he paid $145,400 in taxes in India and $156,824 in the Philippines – but just $750 in the US. Got it!! Mr. Big Stuff paid $750 in federal taxes in 2017 …… How much did you pay? :eek:
Unthinking Majority wrote:If Trump's tax avoidance is legal, I don't see anything wrong with him doing this since it's within the legal, what is actually wrong is a system that legally allows such things to happen for the wealthy. If he has lost a lot of money he could write that off too and not pay much taxes. Anyone with a business also writes off anything they can muster and put it through the business, no news there.

As noted above, the president’s oldest daughter, while working as an employee of the Trump Organization, appears to have received “consulting fees” that helped reduce the family’s tax bill. “Trump’s private records show that his company once paid $747,622 in fees to an unnamed consultant for hotel projects in Hawaii and Vancouver, British Columbia. Ivanka Trump’s public disclosure forms – which she filed when joining the White House staff in 2017 – show that she had received an identical amount through a consulting company she co-owned.” Stuff like this may be legal but sure as shit don't look too good. News? I think so.

Is jimjam a hypocrite? Bet your ass I am. I am currently looking for expenses since it looks like I may have to pay in 2020 :eek: .
jimjam wrote:“Trump’s core enterprises – from his constellation of golf courses to his conservative-magnet hotel in Washington – report losing millions, if not tens of millions, of dollars year after year,”

That was to be expected. Trump is afraid of being seen as a loser.

He's probably proud of the tax evasion though, it makes him look like a winner.
Why would this affect Trump in any way? He's a hyper-capitalist billionaire who was elected on the basis of being a big boss baby that wants to run the country like his own private corporation that he wants to make great again. What's changed with this captain obvious 'revelation'? All billionaires and all large corporations get their tax liabilities down to almost nothing using the very same means Trump has.

This just make it even funnier. Trump is who he has always presented himself as being. A very bossy CEO.
Actually wait, it's just been confirmed that Trump was wired a huge sum of money from a Russian oligarch. Just google "Elena Baturina $3.5 million".

There's always a chance though that the tax returns are fake since they come from an anonymous source and nothing is being confirmed.
Drlee wrote:Won't matter much at all with Trump followers. They are not smart enough to understand this stuff at all and besides....lib'rals and ma'guns and da sosh'lists.
r.

Yea this is fun

Wait in 2017 The New York Times reported Trump paid $38 million in taxes in 2005. Remember Rachel Madows bombshell flop.

They say what Trump supporters will eat up ? LOL

The same New York Times reporters (more like Democrat journalist hacks not even CPA's) scour decades of Trumps tax rinformation. Yea the New York Times tried,proven, and trusted neutral purveyor of fake Russian hoaxes and receiver of James Comey FBI leaks. The New York Times water carriers of the DNC. The New York Times wrote about it it must be true. :lol: Yea what people will eat up.
jimjam wrote:Stay tuned kids …… this is a big one.

Bless your heart. Everyone knows he lost money in the 1990s. He gets to carry forward all those losses against the profits he made thereafter. That's the law. Hillary brought that up in the debate in 2016. She said, "you didn't pay any taxes" to which Trump replied, "because I'm smart." You may not remember that, but many of us do.

Drlee wrote:I would hammer this home over and over again if I was running the Biden campaign.

Drlee wrote:Won't matter much at all with Trump followers.

Hillary already did this. Everybody knows this already. You seem to know this, but then you contradict yourself. Donald Trump's "The Apprentice" show opened every episode with how he lost money and how he fought back.

Unthinking Majority wrote:If Trump's tax avoidance is legal, I don't see anything wrong with him doing this since it's within the legal, what is actually wrong is a system that legally allows such things to happen for the wealthy.

If people cannot write off losses, they don't take risks and investment collapses.

Unthinking Majority wrote:Anyone with a business also writes off anything they can muster and put it through the business, no news there.

Yes. It is standard practice. Movie productions routinely write off hair dressers, make up artists, limo drivers, fashion designers, etc.

Unthinking Majority wrote:Also, how did the NYT get his tax returns? Is it legal to publish it?

They may have an "anonymous source". Who knows, it could be Trump himself feeding this stuff.

It was literally brought up in the debate in 2016. It's a sleeper. Non story. Nothing burger.
Unthinking Majority wrote:If Trump's tax avoidance is legal, I don't see anything wrong with him doing this since it's within the legal, what is actually wrong is a system that legally allows such things to happen for the wealthy. If he has lost a lot of money he could write that off too and not pay much taxes. Anyone with a business also writes off anything they can muster and put it through the business, no news there.

Also, how did the NYT get his tax returns? Is it legal to publish it?

On legalities: this might be demonstrable. He apparently declared his properties as losing value. However if he ginned up the value when he applied for loans, then there is something fundamentally wrong with his claims. It's called fraud.
The IRS has had Trumps tax returns this entire time. Don’t all you lefties think charges would have been brought by now ? After all we learned from the Obama administration that the IRS attacks those on the right and it’s political rivals. Remember Lois Learner pleading the fifth. Wishing it to be true doesn’t make it true.

This is truly the era of leftist projection. Everything they accuse you of they are actually guilty of it themselves.
Finfinder wrote:The IRS has had Trumps tax returns this entire time. Don’t all you lefties think charges would have been brought by now ? After all we learned from the Obama administration that the IRS attacks those on the right and it’s political rivals. Remember Lois Learner pleading the fifth. Wishing it to be true doesn’t make it true.

This is truly the era of leftist projection. Everything they accuse you of they are actually guilty of it themselves.

What are you on about? :eek: It wasn't the IRS that released that info, if they wanted to release it then they could have done it before the previous election.
Although I am kinda curious how this works together in your head with Trumps anti-establishment and anti-corporatist image/ideas. He basically is doing what you hate, yet you defend him. Next thing, we only need some proof that he outsources jobs and abuses his employer status, oh wait that already came out during the last election. So how is he different compared to a modern corporation or globalist that you hate so much?
blackjack21 wrote:It's a sleeper. Non story. Nothing burger.

For the 42% of the conned dupes like yourself ….. for sure. But ….. 100% minus 42% equals 58% :eek: We hear a lot about the trump cult but nothing about the anti trump cult. Those who would vote for a pile of dog shit on the sidewalk before they voted for a serial rapist/con artist. They may find it quite interesting that the man who ran up a $1,000,000,000,000 deficit for 2020 BEFORE covid pays $750 in taxes (way too complicated for the typical trump cult member to comprehend but easy to comprehend by those with more than 2 functioning brain cells.) And then the $70,000 in "hair styling" and close to $100,000 paid to Fat Donald's favorite "makeup artist" Ivanka.

Appearances are everything your boy Fat Donald knows that. Hardly nothing burgers. What if people start showing up in offices, factories, in malls and stores, with buttons and T-shirts reading: “I Paid More Taxes Than Trump”? And …… fantastic timing ……. just 5 weeks to go. It will not be helpful to Donald ….. especially if he can be relegated to an endless temper tantrum. I had to smile at the image of fatso sputtering and screaming over this one.
Last edited by jimjam on 28 Sep 2020 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]