Trump rows back and says he 'doesn't know who the Proud Boys are' after debate outrage - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
annatar1914 wrote:Trump put out the idea that the 25th Amendment gambit is aimed at Biden to replace him with Harris, lol, the man is a lot of things I dislike, but he's brilliant...

Yeah, I caught that later too. It's certainly an interesting theory.

Ingliz wrote:18 U.S. Code § 1201.Kidnapping

(c) If two or more persons conspire to violate this section and one or more of such persons do any overt act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each shall be punished by imprisonment for any term of years or for life.

"do any overt act"

And they did by sending those militia men to conduct surveillance of the governor's vacation home on at least two occasions, build bombs, and inspect the underside of a bridge for possible placement of a bomb they had made. According to the FBI affidavit, the plan was to use multiple bombs going off to 'distract' law enforcement whilst they carried out the dirty deed. It's all on tape.

The building bombs part is probably enough to sustain charges. I doubt surveillance would hold up by itself, because it's not a crime by itself. Building a bomb on the other hand is regulated activity.

Godstud wrote:I don't know if you are smart enough to know this, but Trump's a male.

Oh, so you think such things are deterministic, and gender fluidity is bogus?
Rich wrote:Please remind me, since its quite a while since I read it what exactly Mein Kampf has to say about armed street mobs.

Please do me a favor and complete this research project and get back to me with the results ….. I will be standing back and standing by :|
jimjam wrote:Please do me a favor and complete this research project and get back to me with the results ….. I will be standing back and standing by :|

I was giving you a chance to actually demonstrate some historical knowledge. Has Fat Donald as you describe him been heavily influenced by Hitler and the Nazis? Well possibly in his avoidance of alcohol and tobacco. Hitler actually donated one hundred thousand Reich Marks of his own money into the first proper scientific investigation of the effects of smoking on health. But if you actually knew anything about Nazi paramilitaries you might have known that one of "Das Schwarze Korps" slogans was "Kampfkraft oder Schlagsahne". The Nazis were strongly anti obesity.
blackjack21 wrote:Oh, so you think such things are deterministic, and gender fluidity is bogus?
Again, you demonstrate your poor education, while trying to act smart.

Trump is a biological male(he's fathered a few children which is ample evidence of this). His gender and sexual orientation is up to him, but does not change the fact that he was born a male.

I hope this helps that gap in your education.

What’s the Difference Between Sex and Gender?
https://www.healthline.com/health/sex-vs-gender
Rich wrote:I was giving you a chance to actually demonstrate some historical knowledge. Has Fat Donald as you describe him been heavily influenced by Hitler and the Nazis? Well possibly in his avoidance of alcohol and tobacco. Hitler actually donated one hundred thousand Reich Marks of his own money into the first proper scientific investigation of the effects of smoking on health. But if you actually knew anything about Nazi paramilitaries you might have known that one of "Das Schwarze Korps" slogans was "Kampfkraft oder Schlagsahne". The Nazis were strongly anti obesity.

Rich, I apologize for responding like a jerk. Much of the dialogue here is somewhat meaningless one ups man ship. Meaningful intelligent discussion is the exception not the rule. And, yes, I am guilty. I frequently come here for relaxation and fun. I LOVE history and have studied segments of it in detail. My house is like a museum ….. (sitting next to me is a 1922 version of a Reichsbanknote (50,000)). History is so vast that I find I must concentrate on specific events/segments. I study vast swaths in flyovers and, when something catches my interest, I delve into detail. I confess to not having completely read Mein Kampf in spite of having 2 copies. I must get with it. I personally am against obesity and sadly observe that 40% of Americans including Fat Donald are obese. Surely a sign of weakness and decadence.

In the Hitler department, I have friends in Argentina who claim that it is "common knowledge" where they live that Hitler spent his final days there. I am not certain but I have read that DNA samples from Hitler's burned body in the bunker did not match his DNA. I apologize for veering off topic but here I go ….. do you think Hitler died in the bunker?
jimjam wrote:Rich, I apologize for responding like a jerk. Much of the dialogue here is somewhat meaningless one ups man ship. Meaningful intelligent discussion is the exception not the rule. And, yes, I am guilty.

That's very conciliatory and considered of you to say that. Politics in my view is inevitably an unkind game. in recent years, I've actually tried to keep my political life siloed inside PoFo, for some considerable time I have tired to restrict politics to the internet. I feel bad that in the past I was always trying to talk about politics. But now things have reversed. I find every where I go now, virtually everyone is obsessed with politics. That wasn't the case even a decade ago.

I've been happy in recent decades in having extremely apolitical friends, one of them asked me what was the difference between left and right, another one didn't know which party had been in government for the previous five years in the run up to a general election. What ever the cause of it this Covid-19 thing has forced politics upon on to the last hold outs, with Covid-19 no one can ignore politics, everyone is now forced to devote a significant portion of their life to obsessing about politics.

Anyway its inevitable that much of PoFo resembles the equivalent of a series of drunken political punch ups. Its also inevitable that all sides will try and mine the past for handy things to lob at the other side. Hitler was of the political right. Its inevitable that the left will want to use him as a weapon against the right. I accept its also inevitable that people will become annoyed with me when I try and sabotage their use of Hitler as an easy to use weapon or club against the right.
Rich wrote:That's very conciliatory and considered of you to say that. Politics in my view is inevitably an unkind game. in recent years, I've actually tried to keep my political life siloed inside PoFo, for some considerable time I have tired to restrict politics to the internet. I feel bad that in the past I was always trying to talk about politics. But now things have reversed. I find every where I go now, virtually everyone is obsessed with politics. That wasn't the case even a decade ago.

I've been happy in recent decades in having extremely apolitical friends, one of them asked me what was the difference between left and right, another one didn't know which party had been in government for the previous five years in the run up to a general election. What ever the cause of it this Covid-19 thing has forced politics upon on to the last hold outs, with Covid-19 no one can ignore politics, everyone is now forced to devote a significant portion of their life to obsessing about politics.

Anyway its inevitable that much of PoFo resembles the equivalent of a series of drunken political punch ups. Its also inevitable that all sides will try and mine the past for handy things to lob at the other side. Hitler was of the political right. Its inevitable that the left will want to use him as a weapon against the right. I accept its also inevitable that people will become annoyed with me when I try and sabotage their use of Hitler as an easy to use weapon or club against the right.

We have in common our desire to confine our "political life" to the internet. POFO is an ideal spot for this. I am really sick of the hatred that has infected America under the guise of politics. As you said, politics has always been a blood sport but during the past few years it has evolved into pretty much a national mental illness. I mean, give me a break, obviously I don't care for trump but, even if he wins, my life will go on. I am super lucky in that I can walk out my front door daily and go jogging on the beautiful coast of Maine.

I rarely discuss politics in person. True confessions here: I used to be on facebook which I consider a fine medium for friends and family to contact each other. Because of America's obsession with rather meaningless political lies/nonsense, I cancelled my account and confine my politics to pofo where I don't have to deal with Uncle Joe at Thanksgiving.

Then there is the obsession with "Are you a Democrat or a Republican?" inherent nonsense. Like saying you are too stupid to think for yourself …. which "party" does your thinking for you?

Nice chatting with you Rich and do not forget …….. Trump is obviously Hitler reincarnated :eek:

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]