Trump rows back and says he 'doesn't know who the Proud Boys are' after debate outrage - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Source

Donald Trump shifted course on Wednesday, saying he does not know the white supremacist group known as the “Proud Boys” after telling them during the first presidential debate to “stand back and stand by” when asked to condemn all such groups.

"I don't know who the proud boys are,” he claimed while leaving the White House for a campaign fundraiser and rally in Minnesota. You’ll have to give me a definition. … I can only say they have to stand down, let law enforcement do their work.

Mr Trump for the second consecutive day was given a chance to clearly denounce all white supremacist groups, but he would again not say the words in a way that left no doubt.

“I’ve always denounced any form. Any form of any of that you, have to denounce,” he said. “But Joe Biden needs to say something about Antifa. … Now, Antifa is a real problem. … Biden refuses to talk about it.”

But he did several times instruct the Proud Boys to stand aside during protests, though he did not denounce the group’s racist beliefs.

"Whoever they are, they need to stand down" during protests across the country over perceived racial inequality and police violence against black people, the president said.
The president also told reporters on the executive mansion’s South Lawn that he has always denounced white racist groups.

A review of his record since taking office suggests otherwise, however.

Following protests organised by white supremacist groups in Charlottesville, Virginia, the president was pressed to condemn the pro-white activists. Instead, he contended there were “very fine people on both sides,” also referring to counter-protesters, one of whom was killed when a white supremacist drove his car into a crowd.

“Law enforcement will do the work more and more as people see how bad this radical liberal Democrat movement is, and law enforcement is going to come back stronger and stronger,” he said. “But again, I don’t know who Proud Boys are, but they have to stand down, let law enforcement do their work.
In one of the most powerful moments of the Tuesday night debate, moderator Chris Wallace of Fox News asked Mr Trump if he was “willing to condemn white supremacists and militia groups and they need to stand down.”

“I’m willing to do that,” the president said, then turning to the ongoing protests, he added: “Almost everything I see is from the left wing, not from the right-wing. … I want to see peace.”

Mr Wallace then asked him to denounce violent white nationalism by groups like the Proud Boys. The president hesitated, but did not say the words even some Republican lawmakers wanted to hear.

Here’s the president in his own words on Tuesday night: “Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. But I'll tell you what, I’ll tell you what, somebody's got to do something about Antifa and the left because this is not a right-wing problem, this is a left-wing problem."

Earlier Wednesday, Tim Scott of South Carolina, the Senate’s lone black Republican, sent the president a message that Mr Trump did not heed.

“White supremacy should be denounced at every turn,” Mr Scott told reporters at the Capitol. “I think the president misspoke, and he needs to correct it. If he doesn’t correct it, I guess he didn’t misspeak.”

Pretty pathetic defense here.
Igor Antunov wrote:His only weakness, not owning it. He should have doubled down and called the proud boys over for a drink at the oval office.

Trump won't even do that, @Igor Antunov. I would say that Trump is a weasel who lacks the courage of his own convictions, but he doesn't have any convictions, so I won't. Lol.
I don't think he does know who the Proud Boys are. I follow this shit and I don't really know who the Proud Boys are. I'm aware there's a group of rightwing poltical hooligans that call themselves the Proud Boys but I don't know any of the particulars of the ideology they espouse. They might be white supremacists but I wouldn't take the media's word for it and I certainly wouldn't take the word of the antifa larpers who have called everyone and their mother a white supremacist.
Sivad wrote:
I don't think he does know who the Proud Boys are. I follow this shit and I don't really know who the Proud Boys are. I'm aware there's a group of rightwing poltical hooligans that call themselves the Proud Boys but I don't know any of the particulars of the ideology they espouse. They might be white supremacists but I wouldn't take the media's word for it and I certainly wouldn't take the word of the antifa larpers who have called everyone and their mother a white supremacist.

Trump gave them a rallying cry. You don't support those you don't know...

Proud Boys have been in the news for a couple of years now...
Sivad wrote:I wouldn't take the media's word for it

How about the FBI's?

I don't really know who the Proud Boys are.

Created by the Vice magazine co-founder Gavin McInnes in 2016, the Proud Boys are a 6,000 strong group of armed misogynists and homophobes - Anti-Semitic, Islamophobic, white supremacist Incels.

“Let’s not bullshit, if the Proud Boys were pressed on the issue, I guarantee you that like 90% of them would tell you something along the lines of ‘Hitler was right. Gas the Jews.’”

Brian Brathovd, aka Caeralus Rex, The Daily Shoah

:lol:
Last edited by ingliz on 01 Oct 2020 14:09, edited 2 times in total.
Potemkin wrote:Trump won't even do that, @Igor Antunov. I would say that Trump is a weasel who lacks the courage of his own convictions, but he doesn't have any convictions, so I won't. Lol.

Honestly that is a good soundbite and maybe is what a lot of people believe , but it couldn’t be more wrong by definition. “I f you have the courage of your convictions, you have the confidence to do what you believe is right, even though other people may not agree or approve.

“. Name another modern day president who’s had more political courage than Donald Trump.
Donald Trump shifted course on Wednesday, saying he does not know the white supremacist group known as the “Proud Boys” after telling them during the first presidential debate to “stand back and stand by” when asked to condemn all such groups.

Why did he tell them to stand by? It obviously suggests he's in cahoots with them. I mean white supremacist groups, even though he may not know who they specifically are, which is completely irrelevant to him anyway.
Beren wrote:Why did he tell them to stand by? It obviously suggests he's in cahoots with them. I mean white supremacist groups, even though he may not know who they specifically are, which is completely irrelevant to him anyway.

The ''Proud Boys'' group is far Right in orientation, but not White Supremacist. One of their leaders is a black hispanic man;

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/1 ... ks-anyway/

Who flat out denounces white supremacy. People who are looking for Fascists but assume that they'll be white racists are deluding themselves. Fascists can come in many forms and races, ''Nazis'' too.
Last edited by annatar1914 on 01 Oct 2020 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
annatar1914 wrote:The ''Proud Boys'' group is far Right in orientation, but not White Supremacist. One of their leaders is a black hispanic man;

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/1 ... ks-anyway/

Who flat out denounces white supremacy.

They're a far-right paramilitary group anyway, aren't they? Because that's the point actually, and if Trump's in cahoots with them.
Beren wrote:They're a far-right paramilitary group anyway, aren't they? Because that's the point actually, and if Trump's in cahoots with them.

I modified my post, but just saying that people need to keep their ideological blinders off when looking at a particular situation. And that's no aspersion on you, by the way.
Wikipedia wrote:Fraternal Order of the Alt-Knights

In 2017, Kyle Chapman, nicknamed "Based Stickman" after the 2017 Berkeley protests, formed a paramilitary wing of the Proud Boys called the Fraternal Order of the Alt-Knights (FOAK). Alt-right figure Augustus Sol Invictus acted as FOAK's second-in-command until he left the group.

So they have a paramilitary wing. Trump may be playing with fire here, if this becomes a military issue.
ingliz wrote:How about the FBI's?

Yeah because the FBI doesn't have a long history of smear campaigns and witch hunts... :knife:

“Let’s not bullshit, if the Proud Boys were pressed on the issue, I guarantee you that like 90% of them would tell you something along the lines of ‘Hitler was right. Gas the Jews.’”

Brian Brathovd, aka Caeralus Rex, The Daily Shoah

Some retard claimed it so I guess that settles it, another controversy put to rest by the most formidable intellect in all of pofo.
annatar1914 wrote:The ''Proud Boys'' group is far Right in orientation, but not White Supremacist

Although Proud Boys’ lawyer Jason Van Dyke, a member of the Dallas-Fort Worth chapter and known neo-Confederate, insist they “do not now, nor have they ever, espoused white nationalist, white supremacist, anti-Semitic, or alt-right views.” Austin Gillespie, second-in-command in the Fraternal Order of Alt-Knights, is on record claiming Nazi and anti-Semitic thinkers (from the likes of Carl Schmitt and Francis Parker Yockey) as his chief intellectual influences.

Beren wrote:Kyle Chapman

"I am not afraid to speak out about the atrocities that whites and people of European descent face not only here in this country but in Western nations across the world. The war against whites, and Europeans and Western society is very real and it’s time we all started talking about it and stopped worrying about political correctness and optics.

— Kyle Chapman, who formed the Fraternal Order of Alt-Knights, a wing of the Proud Boys, Unite America First Peace Rally, Sacramento, California, July 8, 2017

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]