Repuds caught in election fraud attempt and Repuds trying to give Michigan's EC votes to Trump, &etc - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Sen. Graham pressured the Repub. Sec. of State of Georgia to throw out legal votes to give GA's EC votes to Trump. Does the NSA have recordings of all calls in the US? If they do then Graham is toast.

County Repud officials trying to give Michigan's EC votes to Trump. Are the people of Michigan going to let them do it? Is there someone who can talk them out of this? Can a curt step in and make the officials show some evidence to the court and the public?
. . . This source seems to be very pro-Trump. I'm warning you ahead of time. But, if this is true then it is true.
. . . Maybe in Wisconsin also.

Breaking news --- Public pressure has gotten the Repuds to certify the vote in that county in Michigan.

Added with an edit the same day.

Reports of shouting matches in the White House that include cuss words in front of the President. Then Trump put the crazy one in charge of his legal team.

At the 2:30 point in this video, TYT show you the graph for Sweden's recent covid-19 cases. It is going up sharply now. It seems I was right that Sweden had not attained herd immunity. Take a look at the graph.

The US is crazy. Boy, am I glad I retired to ES Asia.!
Last edited by Steve_American on 18 Nov 2020 10:08, edited 1 time in total.
Why the sudden erection of Covid cases when testing has improved??!?

The only figure anyone should be interested in is deaths as isn't that what we are all trying to prevent here? And in Sweden it has admittently risen, but not sharply when compared to the first wave and nothing compared to most of the rest of Western Europe and that includes posterboy Germany.

In five years time when it comes to paying for our responses, that will be when Sweden will be validated. Because it appears that this virus doesn't have lifetime antibody immunity so we will be living with it forever and we will be looking back in a generations time thinking WTF were we doing back then?
You might very well be right about the long term immunity from covid-19.
I have said as much in previous posts.
OTOH, someone attacked me about herd immunity and claimed Sweden had achieved it. Clearly, they had not reached herd immunity.
What is your source for your claim that Sweden has suddenly increased testing? Not an attack, I want to know.
OTOH, maybe 4 doses a year of the vaccine will keep the elderly alive after we get it, and that would make keeping them alive worth it in some sense.

Because the world is off the gold standard, it is easy to pay for the covid response. If you disagree, then you may be using old outdated gold standard thinking. As long as spending doesn't cause inflation over 2%/yr., it is "cost less".
. . . This effect is how the Repuds have paid for every tax cut for the rich since 1981. They said the cuts would boost tax revenues, but they never did, at least not enough. So, the cuts increased the deficit *every time*. But, where is the cost (i.e., economic damage) so far, after almost 40 years we should see some economic damage by now. Please, point out the damage.

Because of the point just above, I claim that most of the economic damage is the result of the Govs. of the world *not* spending enough all along to replace the lost incomes of everyone. This spending would also not be "at a cost".
Steve_American wrote:I have said as much in previous posts.
OTOH, someone attacked me about herd immunity and claimed Sweden had achieved it. Clearly, they had not reached herd immunity.
What is your source for your claim that Sweden has suddenly increased testing? Not an attack, I want to know.

Swedens testing:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1133055/weekly-number-of-coronavirus-tests-in-sweden/

But that's besides the point. Why the sudden erection over cases when only six months we were all talking about deaths? Because that is the only way to explain and justify lockdown now. We are just moving the goalposts.

And unfortunately it seems there is no herd immunity from this virus. Or at least not one that is sustainable for the vulnerable as antibodies seemed to decline after six months in the elderly in particular. Although there is an argument that continued exposure will retain antibodies as that is what studies show, making the whole PPE argument in doubt, but I don't think we should go there yet. My point is Sweden might not have reached herd immunity because of how the virus works. And we may never be able to get herd immunity even with vaccines. But even so Sweden is still performing well under deaths for whatever immunity they achieved regardless. Sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture.
@B0ycey, OK, I looked at the linked source. It ends on Oct. 25, 2020. That is 3 weeks ago.
The spike on the graph in the video I linked goes on further. Also, the slope of my graph is very steep. It parallels the hand on a clock that points to 2 min. after the hour, while the graph for tests done points to about 12 - 13 min. after the hour, which is much more flat. Therefore, I conclude that more testing is *not* the cause of the spike in cases. However, because the last 3 weeks of days is missing, we really can't say.
Steve_American wrote:@B0ycey, OK, I looked at the linked source. It ends on Oct. 25, 2020. That is 3 weeks ago.
The spike on the graph in the video I linked goes on further. Also, the slope of my graph is very steep. It parallels the hand on a clock that points to 2 min. after the hour, while the graph for tests done points to about 12 - 13 min. after the hour, which is much more flat. Therefore, I conclude that more testing is *not* the cause of the spike in cases. However, because the last 3 weeks of days is missing, we really can't say.

You can conclude what you like. The trend is obvious and you're nitpicking three weeks here. Not that I care. Case rate means fuck all anyway. :lol:

But as I said, why the interest in cases when the whole point is to prevent deaths anyhow? It's like looking at car sales to understand petrol prices. You seem to be ignoring this question for a reason. We both know the reason don't we. But that is against your narrative isn't it so let's pretend I never asked it.
B0ycey wrote:
You can conclude what you like. The trend is obvious and you're nitpicking three weeks here. Not that I care. Case rate means fuck all anyway. :lol:

But as I said, why the interest in cases when the whole point is to prevent deaths anyhow? It's like looking at car sales to understand petrol prices. You seem to be ignoring this question for a reason. We both know the reason don't we. But that is against your narrative isn't it so let's pretend I never asked it.

So, you want to pick a fight.
1] I don't have a narrative. I have limited info, and I'm too lazy to to try to find better info.
So, I give you-all what I'm fed. So, I think it is possible that my sources *are maybe* choosing to focus on cases because they look bad.
2] OTOH, I accuse you of focusing on deaths *because* they look better. You are making an assumption that covid-19 is like the flu. With the flu you die or you get a 100% recovery in almost all cases. My info (which may be untrue) is that in 10% to 20% of cases with covid-19 those who recover seem to have serious lasting health problems. So actually, looking at cases or deaths is not the whole story. We really should be looking at deaths plus long term health problems that interfere with the rest of your life.
3] Did you look ay my graph? It shows exponential growth seeming to be headed toward a vertical rise, while your graph doesn't show exponential growth at all. Therefore, the missing 3 weeks may show the exponential growth. There is no way to know because the data isn't there. I'm not accusing you of cutting off the data. But it may be true that your source *did* cut it off to avoid showing the rapid rise in deaths. Maybe. And, you like me are too lazy to go look for a more recent graph.
4] So, I can accuse you of trying to downplay the problem in Sweden because you have an agenda to protect Trump and his herd immunity policy. But, I will not.
@Steve_American, I hate strawmen and I never mentioned the flu. I never attacked you anyhow. But your response doesn't actually address anything I have written and is a fuckin' STRAWMAN!

All I said, is the only figure that matters is death as that is what we are originally meant to be preventing isn't it? Sweden is doing better this wave than the last on that regard which is not the same as those who imposed lockdowns in Europe.
B0ycey wrote:@Steve_American, I hate strawmen and I never mentioned the flu. I never attacked you anyhow. But your response doesn't actually address anything I have written and is a fuckin' STRAWMAN!

All I said, is the only figure that matters is death as that is what we are originally meant to be preventing isn't it? Sweden is doing better this wave than the last on that regard which is not the same as those who imposed lockdowns in Europe.

A response aimed at the lurkers, because B0ycey doesn't seem to be able to read.
I highlighted his claim that I had not addressed anything he wrote.
I claim that I did respond to his claim that only deaths from covid-19 matters, when I wrote that actually it is both deaths and lifelong health problems that reduce your quality of life that matter, not just deaths.
It is useless to try to explain things to him, because he can't read.
Sivad wrote:I hope they can steal it back, it would suck if Joe Biden hijacked America and took us all down to retard town.

Wow, so basically you just pretend to defend democracy and liberty. In reality you don't care about anything besides your favourite winning. So un-American. You would happily see American system crash and burn as long as your daddy wins :knife:
JohnRawls wrote:Wow, so basically you just pretend to defend democracy and liberty. In reality you don't care about anything besides your favourite winning. So un-American. You would happily see American system crash and burn as long as your daddy wins :knife:

Even if the liberal establishment didn't steal this election in the first place by violating every single principle of democracy starting with suppression polling and crazy media blackouts and censorship and going all the way to massive electoral fraud, I would still support MAGA stealing this election because liberty always trumps democracy for anyone who's got their priorities straight. Nobody is under any obligation to follow democracy off a cliff, if the majority votes for an illegitimate abusive system that doesn't adhere to fundamental rational principles then the majority has broken the social contract and all bets are off. When the majority oversteps its bounds and sets itself in opposition to freedom and justice then we've come to the end of democracy and the beginning of war. For the last few years the liberal establishment has been telling all of us that they fully intend to take society in an extremely illiberal direction deeper into inverted totalitarianism, that kind of belligerence is fundamentally illegitimate no matter how large a majority supports it.

The chimp question: https://www.newsweek.com/coul[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]