Articles of Impeachment filed against Joe Biden. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15152171
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5353 ... inst-biden

"President Joe Biden is unfit to hold the office of the presidency. His pattern of abuse of power as President Obama's Vice President is lengthy and disturbing. President Biden has demonstrated that he will do whatever it takes to bail out his son, Hunter, and line his family's pockets with cash from corrupt foreign energy companies,"...
#15153527
From what I gather, "Impeachment" is appropriate if a president has a tarnished character that makes him morally unfit to hold a high office. This usually refers to crimes, lies, theft, mafia connections, etc.

I have wanted to see Biden impeached ever since he won the Democratic leadership. But doesn't "a dishonest character with mob connections" describe most USA presidents? How else can you even get nominated?

And this would mean that they should all have been impeached.
#15153532
colliric wrote:Bill Clinton should have been removed from office with a vengeance.

But the media loved him. The ratings! AIPAC loved him. The wars!

And the oligarchs had complete control over him. Because of he was so mafia extortion-friendly, he was like a gameboy for banks and arms dealers.

Biden is probably the same in terms of bribe-ability.
#15153534
Marjorie Green is crazy. I have heard she has said some racist stuff. Trump could ask her to be his running mate in the future if he announces he is running for re-election. I do not think she has a chance though. Trump is just using her to get back at Democrats. He probably calls her an ugly skank behind her back.
#15153538
@MistyTiger

Unfortunately, she is from the state of Georgia and embarrassment to our state. She has no business being able to hold any public office. They really need to make sure people who run for public office do not have a criminal record, are screened for extremist beliefs and are given a mental health screening. Those who hold extremist beliefs and/or do not pass a mental health screening or have a criminal record should be disqualified from holding public office. That's what I think, but it doesn't work that way.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way in most countries. Our voters need to be more responsible and make better choices about who they vote into office given that is the case. This particular representative has some pretty extremist beliefs based on her past statements and have been pretty insensitive towards family members of victims of mass shootings. I know some of the family members of the victims of mass shootings are very unhappy with her from what the news has been reporting.
#15153543
colliric wrote:Bill Clinton should have been removed from office with a vengeance.

I can't remember the last POTUS to not break the law or constitution severely. So many of them spit on the constitution.

And Congress is filled with scum-sucking villains in both parties who would sell their children for money and votes. GOP take it to another level.
#15153836
QatzelOk wrote:
From what I gather, "Impeachment" is appropriate if a president has a tarnished character that makes him morally unfit to hold a high office. This usually refers to crimes, lies, theft, mafia connections, etc.

And this would mean that they should all have been impeached.




Nope.

Impeachment is for bad stuff done as president.

You should be a little cynical about your cynicism...
#15153888
late wrote:Nope.

Impeachment is for bad stuff done as president.

You should be a little cynical about your cynicism...

Nope. It's for a tarnished character. That's why they can still sit out their term. Unless they're CONVICTED.

If they do something illegal, they get REMOVED - thrown out of office - which isn't the same thing.
Impeachment is a first step, and the president doesn't have to have done anything illegal for it to happen.
And unless they're convicted of an illegal offense, they stay in office with their pants down to their ankles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachme ... ted_States

#15153902
late wrote:I know that has happened. But that would have blown the minds of the Founding Fathers, they would have thought we'd gone mad.

And we have.

I think you're projecting heavenly qualities onto the sacred "founding fathers" that they really don't deserve.
#15153914
late wrote:I think you don't know what you're talking about, but feel free to prove me wrong.

The Constitution and Declaration of Independence are just words on paper, and have never in the History of the USA ever been able to negate the power of dollar signs on paper.

Prove me wrong.
#15153918
QatzelOk wrote:
The Constitution and Declaration of Independence are just words on paper, and have never in the History of the USA ever been able to negate the power of dollar signs on paper.

Prove me wrong.



That's easy. The Founding Fathers were serious people. Impeachment happened rarely, and due to actions the president took.

Newt was the first guy to use impeachment as a pretext for a coup.
#15153920
late wrote:That's easy. The Founding Fathers were serious people. Impeachment happened rarely, and due to actions the president took.

Newt was the first guy to use impeachment as a pretext for a coup.

Andrew Jackson was the first president to be impeached, for using the government as a piggy bank and bully pulpit to commit genocide.

And he was never convicted. He got off.

So the Constitution's "impeachment concept" proved itself a joke in 1868. That was over a century ago and crickets.
#15157988
QatzelOk wrote:Andrew Jackson was the first president to be impeached, for using the government as a piggy bank and bully pulpit to commit genocide.

And he was never convicted. He got off.

So the Constitution's "impeachment concept" proved itself a joke in 1868. That was over a century ago and crickets.


Well, it Andrew Johnson, actually, and I wouldn't he made it through unscathed. Even though he was not convicted (by one vote) his political career was over.
#15158057
Yggdrasill wrote:Well, it Andrew Johnson, actually, and I wouldn't he made it through unscathed. Even though he was not convicted (by one vote) his political career was over.

Yes, but who cares. The $65,000 speaking fees he continued to receive at Klan Gatherings... paid more than his time in office.
Identity Politics

How do you feel about Identity Politics? Do you be[…]

I think it's important to have a positive impact […]

I also think like an economist, in that I reject […]

Ukraine Warns It May Go Nuclear

Deterrence works. The American Interest's Walter[…]