Biden has been President for 27 days. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Scamp wrote:China wanted Biden to be Pres because they knew they could manipulate him and bribe him to get their way.

Oy vey, is this just going to be what American politics is from now on? Don't get me wrong, it's always been stupid as shit, but it really seems to be getting worse.

"lol u r controlled by Russia, donald tRUmp"
"lol no u r controlled by China quid pro joe beijing briben"
"no u"
"no u"
everyone else: healthcare please
I have to say, I'm surprised Republicans don't love this guy more. He backtracked on the Covid relief cheques at the first opportunity and now he's backtracking on his pledge to halt deportations. :lol:
Heisenberg wrote:I have to say, I'm surprised Republicans don't love this guy more. He backtracked on the Covid relief cheques at the first opportunity and now he's backtracking on his pledge to halt deportations. :lol:

It strikes me that both Trump and Biden's overriding number one policy goal was to become President. I just don't feel that was the same with Obama, either of the Clintons or Ronald Reagan. Yes they were all ruthless in getting to the top but I feel they all had a serious policy agenda they wanted to institute. Its not that Biden and Trump don't have policy preferences, its just those policy preferences are so totally subordinated to their egotistical aggrandisement. If its necessary to support the death penalty for "Black" jay walkers in order to get elected, Biden will support it, but on the other hand if its necessary to support de-funding the police and letting America descend into anarchy in order to get elected then Biden will support that instead.

I opposed Hilary in 2016, because her Presidency could have had led to the genocide of Syria's Infidels, even though Israel didn't actually want that. Hilary had deep character flaws, but for all her faults she was a serious contender for governmental responsibilities in way that Trump and Biden were not.

Its like I always say about Hitler, Lenin and Pol Pot, sure they may have had ethical blind spots, but you just can't accuse them of just wanting power for power's sake.
Last edited by Rich on 24 Feb 2021 12:23, edited 1 time in total.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Massive lol to @Scamp saying the Paris agreement doesn't benefit America. He must want Florida underwater and Texas arid farmlands. And that is ignoring that Biden has already improved international relations in those 27 day by just not being Trump.
B0ycey wrote:Massive lol to @Scamp saying the Paris agreement doesn't benefit America. He must want Florida underwater and Texas arid farmlands.

I mean, in fairness, those things are still going to happen. The Paris Agreement is the equivalent of putting a plaster on a gaping wound when it comes to stopping global warming.
Heisenberg wrote:I mean, in fairness, those things are still going to happen. The Paris Agreement is the equivalent of putting a plaster on a gaping wound when it comes to stopping global warming.

See, this is where we disagree. There is massive progress in renewable energy and if we had the will, we all could end our dependence on oil in perhaps a decades time. And perhaps politics will result in us being oil dependant until the last profitable well pumps out. Nonetheless I do see things improving significantly in the world soon enough and the UK has targeted 2030 to end petrol cars being bought for example. And other nations have pledged to be CO2 neutral by 2050. America might be behind everyone else but they aren't going to sit idly by whilst the world moves to hydrogen and still be stuck on oil.

So what does that have to do with Scamp? Well I do not see Florida being flooded being inevitable. And the US rejoining Paris (so a benefit for the US) will help that from occurring in any case. But not only that, by rejoining Paris, it also stops the US from falling behind in the hydrogen revolution and being yet another thing they fall behind China on as they will have to invest in R&D in green energy in order to fulfil their commitments.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We're getting some shocking claims coming through.[…]

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

we ought to have maintained a bit more 'racial hy[…]

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]