Derek Chauvin Trial - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By noemon
Saeko wrote:Some people. *raised eyebrow*

It's quite hilarious that these people do not have the basic decency to stand by their own 2 words.

"The accused [police] are victims of public outrage" one shouted, not victims of their own actions, not responsible for the murder they committed but victims of the public, and then that same one said: "I never took anybody's side here".

"Never, ever, never and if anybody says otherwise then I will just insult them and posture as the victim till the end of time".

The cognitive dissonance of some people is just way too much to handle.
By Saeko
"The knee remains on the neck for another three minutes and 27 seconds after he takes his last breath," Dr Tobin said. "After the officers have found themselves that there's no pulse, the knee remains on the neck for another two minutes and 44 seconds".

Gg.
noemon wrote:It's quite hilarious that these people do not have the basic decency to stand by their own 2 words.

"The accused [police] are victims of public outrage" one shouted, not victims of their own actions, not responsible for the murder they committed but victims of the public, and then that same one said: "I never took anybody's side here".

"Never, ever, never and if anybody says otherwise then I will just insult them and posture as the victim till the end of time".

The cognitive dissonance of some people is just way too much to handle.

Some people would rather justify outright murder by government officials than admit black people are human beings who deserve equal treatment under the law. There's a significant portion of the population that wants to believe that Floyd was walking around with a lethal dose of fentanyl in his system because it allows them to bypass any annoying questions about their own racial biases and thoughts about how maybe America isn't the greatest country ever. Equally disappointing, there is an entire industry of racist content creators that will gladly supply them media to support this.

There's plenty of media out there for the blackjacks of the world to jerk off to. People like him are easy marks precisely because they think they're smart.
By Beren
Reuters wrote:Dr. David Fowler, who was Maryland's chief medical examiner until his retirement in 2019, also told the jury he believed exhaust fumes from the police car next to which Chauvin pinned Floyd to the road may also have contributed to Floyd's death in May 2020.

He accidentally was like an SS officer rather than a cop, and that was in Chauvin's defense. That'd deserve another BLM riot on its own. :lol:

By Potemkin
Beren wrote:He accidentally was like an SS officer rather than a cop, and that was in Chauvin's defense. That'd deserve another BLM riot on its own. :lol:

Well, in the absence of gas chambers, he had to improvise. He should have received a commendation for showing initiative. :excited:
By ness31
Barry Brodd and Derek Chauvin are kindred spirits. Both are dumb as grass :|

Edit - omg, Chauvin has pleaded the fifth also! :eek:
By Potemkin
ness31 wrote:Barry Brodd and Derek Chauvin are kindred spirits. Both are dumb as grass :|

Edit - omg, Chauvin has pleaded the fifth also! :eek:

Probably the only smart thing he's ever done in his life. Lol.
By ness31
I was hanging out for that mother fuckers skewering :|
ness31 wrote:I was hanging out for that mother fuckers skewering :|

Don't lose heart, @ness31. That'll probably happen during sentencing. :)
By colliric
ingliz wrote:Image

Lol, they were all drunk and hung over including High Priest Caiaphas and Herod Antipas....

Every Jew is religiously required to get blotto on the 15th of Nisan.

Oh and the Jury has begun deliberations:
https://www.9news.com.au/world/murder-c ... 2333439f06

I think they will find him guilty of negligence and Manslaughter but that he didn't intend to kill Mr Floyd, so not guilty of premeditated Murder.

I think they'll find he was criminally negligent and Floyd's family should start civil proceedings and sue the bastard.

Obviously he will attempt to appeal no matter what the decision. But I think he will definitely be found Guilty on the Manslaughter charge.

Edit:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... in-remarks

Well that's definitely the defence's appeal argument right there.
The jury has reached a verdict. Will be read soon this afternoon.

He's up for 2nd degree murder, 3rd degree murder, or manslaughter charge. My prediction is he'll be found guilty of 3rd degree murder. It's possible he only gets a manslaughter charge at worst. He won't get off, that's for sure.
By wat0n
Unthinking Majority wrote:The jury has reached a verdict. Will be read soon this afternoon.

He's up for 2nd degree murder, 3rd degree murder, or manslaughter charge. My prediction is he'll be found guilty of 3rd degree murder. It's possible he only gets a manslaughter charge at worst. He won't get off, that's for sure.

He could get both the 3rd degree murder and 2nd degree manslaughter, right?

I think 2nd degree murder is probably too hard to prove, particularly if Chauvin and Floyd didn't actually know each other.
wat0n wrote:He could get both the 3rd degree murder and 2nd degree manslaughter, right?

I think 2nd degree murder is probably too hard to prove, particularly if Chauvin and Floyd didn't actually know each other.

Guess we were both wrong. They went after him hard.

He was emotionless when it was read. Lawyers probably told him cameras would be on him, don't react on the verdict either way.

I dont know if you recall, but la loca MTG at one[…]

How about Russia uses a battle field nuclear we[…]

@Tainari88 , @Godstud @Rich , @Verv , @Po[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]