10 killed in Colorado grocery store shooting - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
USA. It's always USA.

Scamp wrote:Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, born in Syria. Definitely not an Islamic jihadist terrorist attack.
He was an American. Nice try, Islamophobe! :knife: Where he was born is irrelevant, he was raised in USA since a small child.

You're the kind of person who causes this, with your ignorance and stupid comments.

Boulder shooting: ‘Gunman’ Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa became ‘anti-social’ as he was mocked for being Muslim, brother claims
He claimed that he may have become ‘anti-social’ after his high school bullies ‘made fun of his name’ and for ‘being a Muslim’. One Damien Cruz, who claims to have known Alissa since fifth grade claimed that people did not mess with him because of his foul temper. “He was very alone,” he claimed.

Alissa had become increasingly “paranoid” around 2014, believing he was being followed and chased, according to his brother. At one point, the young man covered the camera on his computer with duct tape so he could not be seen, said the brother, who lives with Alissa...
“We kept a close eye on him when he was in high school. He would say, ‘Someone is chasing me, someone is investigating me.’ And we’re like, ‘Come on man. There’s nothing.’ ... He was just closing into himself,” the brother added.

https://www.opindia.com/2021/03/boulder ... f-profile/
USA. It's always USA

Maybe. Population of over 300 million.

I wonder how many mass knife attacks occur in China daily? Oh that’s right, we’ll never know because they don’t air their dirty laundry for the world to see.
:lol: Right, @ness31. Other countries without problems are the ones you look to and then say that they MUST be "hiding" their mass shootings.

Canada has about 12% of the population of the USA. We do not have 12% as many mass shootings. Canada has about 1 every decade, not every week.

The UK has 0.06 gun deaths per 100,000, whereas USA had 4.43 in 2017. Can you do the math on that one? It's over 73 times as many.

China is 0.04/100,000
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... n-violence

Colorado has a history of mass shootings. Columbine, Aurora Theater shootings, and many others and now the King Soopers Boulder shootings. It won't stop really because it is about not restricting the alternative to solving your emotional and financial and any problem issue with a gun killing spree.

The NRA as an organization is in trouble. Let us see if things change?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 312972001/
@Godstud
But I wasn’t talking about mass shootings. I was specifically asking about the frequency of mass knife attacks in China.

I dunno. Maybe they just don’t happen. Maybe the Chinese, with their 1.4 billion people are superior to decadent Westerners who can’t seem to keep their shit together. Yeah, maybe that’s it.
I actually spotted a contradiction in his brother's press statements reading the Medium (5 things you should know) article.

His brother claimed he went outlooking for their other brother who was out running errands when he couldn't get a hold of him. He went by the store and saw his brother the shooter in a squad car. And that's how he found out.

Except his brother the shooter was never in a squad car. They took him directly to an ambulance.
ness31 wrote:But I wasn’t talking about mass shootings. I was specifically asking about the frequency of mass knife attacks in China.

Actually, I would be surprised if China had a problem with mass knife attacks even if they weren't so secretive. Although I don't see what that would have to do with gun crime in any case.

As for America, I remember when Columbine was a major news story. Now it is just a monthly event. I am all for gun control in any case. But being that mass shootings are a frequent event in the US that it is becoming a "Dog bites man" news story, that to me suggests that there is something going on beyond gun ownership in all of this. There are too many angry people in America where the system is letting them down that they are now becoming more extreme and becoming violent.
Godstud wrote::lol: Right, @ness31. Other countries without problems are the ones you look to and then say that they MUST be "hiding" their mass shootings.

Canada has about 12% of the population of the USA. We do not have 12% as many mass shootings. Canada has about 1 every decade, not every week.

The UK has 0.06 gun deaths per 100,000, whereas USA had 4.43 in 2017. Can you do the math on that one? It's over 73 times as many.

China is 0.04/100,000
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... n-violence

Keep living like a little lemming at the whims of your government, we still have ability to hold ours accountable one way or another.
Actually, I would be surprised if China had a problem with mass knife attacks even if they weren't so secretive. Although I don't see what that would have to do with gun crime in any case.

Really? I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest. Actually, we could just ask our Chinese board members..

And it has nothing to do with gun crime as such. I just think it’s a bit unfair how we all gawk at the States with their gun issues when other countries with massive populations are either rape fests or non forthcoming with their societal shortcomings.
Oxymoron wrote:Keep living like a little lemming at the whims of your government, we still have ability to hold ours accountable one way or another.
:lol: Keep deluding yourself. Your country isn't as free as you'd like to believe.

New Zealand tops this year’s freedom index followed by Switzerland, Hong Kong, Denmark and Australia. The five least-free countries are (in descending order) Iran, Yemen, Venezuela, Sudan and Syria. Rankings for other significant countries include Canada (6th), Germany (9th), the United Kingdom and the United States (tied for 17th).
https://www.fraserinstitute.org/studies ... s%20report.

What does that have to do with mass shootings? Trying to distract, aren't you? That's not an argument, you know...

@ness31 We're discussing gun crimes and mass shootings, not sexual assaults, where it might be worse in places like China and India. You are engaging in "Whataboutisms".
Godstud wrote::lol: Keep deluding yourself. Your country isn't as free as you'd like to believe.

New Zealand tops this year’s freedom index followed by Switzerland, Hong Kong, Denmark and Australia. The five least-free countries are (in descending order) Iran, Yemen, Venezuela, Sudan and Syria. Rankings for other significant countries include Canada (6th), Germany (9th), the United Kingdom and the United States (tied for 17th).
https://www.fraserinstitute.org/studies ... s%20report.

@ness31 We're discussing gun crimes and mass shootings, not sexual assaults, where it might be worse in places like China and India. You are engaging in "Whataboutisms".

All those countries are protected by the US Umbrella, and they are welcome for their freedom. We are the sentinels of freedom and it has a price.
Oxymoron wrote:Terrorist attack not shooting.... by someone who would not have been in this country if sensible immigration policies were in place.
thank you Obama for bringing these Syrian Terrorists to our country, you fucking Dumb ass.

His family immigrated in 2002 I think.
Oxymoron wrote:All those countries are protected by the US Umbrella, and they are welcome for their freedom. We are the sentinels of freedom and it has a price.
:roll: Grow up. You are making up bullshit for an imaginary defense for what exactly?

Sentinels of freedom. :lol: :lol: :lol: Then why isn't USA #1? That's because it IS NOT a Sentinel for Fuck-all.

What has that to do with the topic? Dodge and deflect much?

wat0n wrote:His family immigrated in 2002 I think.
That would make him 2 years old when he came to USA. Any claims of Islamic extremism fall apart when you realize he's as American as you can get.
@ness31 We're discussing gun crimes and mass shootings, not sexual assaults, where it might be worse in places like China and India. You are engaging in "Whataboutisms

Who came up with this ‘whataboutist’ shit? It’s called comparing and contrasting. It’s an actual thing.
@ness31 The topic is a mass shooting, not sexual assaults in China, or how much Tea is used daily in the British Empire.

Whataboutism
Whataboutism gives a clue to its meaning in its name. It is not merely the changing of a subject ("What about the economy?") to deflect away from an earlier subject as a political strategy; it’s essentially a reversal of accusation, arguing that an opponent is guilty of an offense just as egregious or worse than what the original party was accused of doing, however unconnected the offenses may be.
Godstud wrote:That would make him 2 years old when he came to USA. Any claims of Islamic extremism fall apart when you realize he's as American as you can get.

Why? The ones who have launched attacks in Europe are also often born and raised there. And while American Muslims seem to be a lot more integrated into mainstream society than European ones, there may always be some exception to that rule.

I honestly don't think he's an extremist because no one has labeled him as an ultra religious guy or has been found having ties to Islamists, unlike e.g. the Fort Hood shooter in 2009 (he was born in Virginia). It's possible he is, but that's a claim that has to be proven.

Also, as for gun ownership, I think there are other standing questions to consider in that issue. Why is it that shooting sprees have skyrocketed since the late '90s? @B0ycey claims it's due to socioeconomic reasons but it's odd because the '90s were good years in general, across the board, in the US. Even the increase in inequality wasn't as large as to justify something like this. But gun ownership has been a thing in the US since basically forever, so what's going on?
The topic is a mass shooting, not sexual assaults in China, or how much Tea is used daily in the British Empire.

Crime is crime. Gun crime, knife crime, sexual crime or suicidey vest type crime.

No harm in comparing; I promise it won’t distract from everyone’s agenda to disarm the US :)

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

it reminds me of a woman who was a Greek immigr[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]

The dominant race of the planet is still the Whit[…]