Georgia Governor Brian Kemp Signing Bill With Picture of Plantation Behind Him - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I mean the symbolism of such a bill signing with only white men present, no black people present and a picture of a plantation in the background is not lost on me. I mean did Brian Kemp intentionally orchestrate this signing this way or is this just a co-incidence in which the cosmic stars aligned to portray a deeper truth of what was happening here?!

Politics_Observer wrote:
I mean the symbolism of such a bill signing with only white men present, no black people present and a picture of a plantation in the background is not lost on me. I mean did Brian Kemp intentionally orchestrate this signing this way or is this just a co-incidence in which the cosmic stars aligned to portray a deeper truth of what was happening here?!

While that was going on, a Black female legislator tapped quietly on the door, and was arrested and criminally charged.

We don't allow no Darkies 'round heah...
The law in Georgia, signed last week by Gov. Brian Kemp, a Republican, was the first major bill of voting restrictions to be passed in a battleground state since the 2020 election. Among other inanities for morons it made it a misdemeanor for groups to offer food or water to voters waiting in line near polling places. Hold the phone ….. if you offer a bottle of water to a fellow citizen waiting in line at a polling station, you are breaking the law? …. :eek: ….. :lol: . Now that's leadership with a capital L.. :lol: . Don't these suck up duds realize what public fools they are making of themselves?

“Today, Major League Baseball caved to fear, political opportunism, and liberal lies,” Mr. Kemp said in a statement, calling out Mr. Biden and Stacey Abrams, the titular head of the state’s Democrats. He continued: “I will not back down. Georgians will not be bullied. We will continue to stand up for secure, accessible, fair elections.”...…………..No doubt THAT macho bullshit plays well down on the plantation.
jimjam wrote:That's some profound thinking for a right wing suck up. Maybe Skump could use a tissue after withdrawing his nose from Fat Donald's ample ass.

As Scamp reported this as a Rule 2 Violation, he should be told that making shitty comments like that will very likely end up to him getting ridiculed.
@jimjam

Kemp didn't even bother trying to hide what his goal was with this law when he criminalized offering a bottle of water to a fellow citizen standing in line to vote. I mean, he wanted to make it obvious and he wanted everybody to know what his true intentions were and he wanted to tell people, especially black people "and what you going to do about it." Kemp wanted to be sure that black folks in Georgia know that white folks are still in charge despite the fact Trump got voted out of office and Georgia elected two democrat senators. He did that by including in that law the criminalization of giving a bottle of water to somebody standing in line to vote. That was the message he wanted to send behind criminalizing handing a bottle of water to somebody who is waiting in line to vote.
All of this voter suppression, gerry mangering kind of stuff is helping Republican hang on to power in the near/mid term. However, it's a losing strategy in the long run. This tells me that most Republicans are likely more interested in their personal careers than the future of the party itself.

Am am starting to buy into the idea that the Republican party will eventually vanish in the next couple of decades. The democrats will replace them as the right wing party, and some new more left part will emerge to take the place of the democrats so to speak.
Politics_Observer wrote:@jimjam

Kemp didn't even bother trying to hide what his goal was with this law when he criminalized offering a bottle of water to a fellow citizen standing in line to vote. I mean, he wanted to make it obvious and he wanted everybody to know what his true intentions were and he wanted to tell people, especially black people "and what you going to do about it." Kemp wanted to be sure that black folks in Georgia know that white folks are still in charge despite the fact Trump got voted out of office and Georgia elected two democrat senators. He did that by including in that law the criminalization of giving a bottle of water to somebody standing in line to vote. That was the message he wanted to send behind criminalizing handing a bottle of water to somebody who is waiting in line to vote.

What if the water was spiked with the gay agenda?
noemon wrote:As Scamp reported this as a Rule 2 Violation, he should be told that making shitty comments like that will very likely end up to him getting ridiculed.

Yes, I think the adage is "One reaps what one sows." Clearly an adage that is alien to Trump and his screaming flag waving mobs. You are a saint noemon for putting up with us.

So Republicans scream like the stuck pigs they are when a law they pass that is designed to impede non Republican voters is derided for what it is …………. Reminds me of a recent Republican president who lost his reelection bid and screamed like a stuck pig that he was robbed while concurrently attempting to rob America of an election outcome he disagreed with ( :eek: :lol: ).

I think I am seeing a pattern here: if a Republican says it's so, it isn't so. You can take that to the bank.

Maybe( I know this must be a strange thing for you[…]

Great german commentary: https://www.nachdenkseit[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

Hmm. I took it a second time and changes three ans[…]