Regurgitation of rising expectations - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
So I was watching PBS Newshour. They had the new Energy Secretary, Jennifer Granholm, on. Let me first say this is the first time I've ever wanted to do an Energy Sec..

It was pretty much downhill after that. She said some of the right things, but updating the power grid is going to be an gynormous project, assuming we ever do it. $100B isn't enough. 100B is bandaid territory. 200b/yr for a decade would be a bare min..

Beyond that, we need a plan, one that will get us where we need to go. Near as I can tell, that doesn't exist outside academic circles.

One part of this is adequate non-carbon base line capacity, and we aren't going to get there without a few nuke plants. Yes, I know, but this is an emergency and it's a generation after the moment we should have admitted it and gotten off our asses.
One of the questions I have about that plan is this: they aren't putting enough money in to increase generating capacity.

Yet many states have heavily stressed power grids. But the plan includes money for electric cars, and charging those cars is going to stress power grids even further.

I get the feeling they threw this together quickly.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Define died first? Are missing in action for mo[…]

@FiveofSwords What is race? How to define it[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]