Biden is totally incoherent - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Patrickov wrote:That's Putin and Xi Jinping's fault. Those fearmongers can't do anything if there's no push factor.

Disagree. The republican strategy is about painting democrats as communists that want to turn the US into the USSR. This is purely a domestic thing.

Russia = friends of Trump
China = the few areas there is some common ground between Republicans/DEmocrats.

Basically, this is mostly a domestic generated problem.
Rancid wrote:sure, but again, with gerrymandering. Republicans are diminishing the power of the undecided vote.

As for the economy, I haven't looked into it, but is the inflation mostly in housing? I hope so. Time to reign that in with higher interest rates.

I read something about gerrymandering which said it isn't the major factor that you think it is in the US last year. I think someone brought up it on here last year, can't remember who, but the essence was the same. People who live in high rise congested urban areas have different ideals to those who don't live in cities. So what happens is the Demcrat vote base are gerrymandering themselves by living in the city as the Republicans are spread further out .But in terms of elections in general, what really makes the difference is the undecided vote. It certainly would be more of a factor in marginal constituencies in any case. And given the Democrats and the Republicans are the same party in the things that matter, people will look at who is in power and vote for or against that party on the economy at the time.

As for inflation, no it isn't just in housing. It is due to rise in prices within commodities, supply and fuel. Remember, the first indicator for inflation in the US was first noticed in timber prices.
Rancid wrote:Disagree. The republican strategy is about painting democrats as communists that want to turn the US into the USSR.

At least it's not the reason that I have reservations on Democrats.

I see Democrats (or more accurately, the powerful force which the Democrats happen to partially represent) as weaklings who are burdened by too many social justice issues, when a handful of them are so serious that immediate action is necessary.

Or more simply, I have a belief that "it takes a madman to stop another".

Of course, I understand that most anti-Republicans are either unable or do not have the mindset of "stabbing the useful madman in the back once he completes his job". Or if they do (regarding Donald Trump), they have done it a bit too early (although Wuhan pneumonia certainly does not help matters)
Patrickov wrote:If the Democrats win a landslide (which I don't think I look forward to it) then they certainly have catalyzed it.

2022 is not going to be a landslide for the democrats. The chance of that is extremely low. In a decade though, Republicans will probably shatter fully in opinion. It is hard to predict or analyse this but I think that this is where it is going.

So what of 2022? I mean historically ruling party looses a bit or a lot but this time I think that it will be neutral or a bit beneficial for democarts.
B0ycey wrote:
I read something about gerrymandering which said it isn't the major factor that you think it is in the US last year. I think someone brought up it on here last year, can't remember who, but the essence was the same. People who live in high rise congested urban areas have different ideals to those who don't live in cities. So what happens is the Demcrat vote base are gerrymandering themselves by living in the city as the Republicans are spread further out .But in terms of elections in general, what really makes the difference is the undecided vote. It certainly would be more of a factor in marginal constituencies in any case. And given the Democrats and the Republicans are the same party in the things that matter, people will look at who is in power and vote for or against that party on the economy at the time.

As for inflation, no it isn't just in housing. It is due to rise in prices within commodities, supply and fuel. Remember, the first indicator for inflation in the US was first noticed in timber prices.

Maybe, but I still see republicans winning. Their propaganda machine and psychological warfare is top notch, and democrats a bunch of fucking morons that think they can win on policy. The reality is, the American brain has been reduced to a state of panic, a fight or flight response. Logic/reason/policy, just isn't going to work. It's just about who can hook into the reptilian brains of humans better. Republicans are better at that.

I think the US is basically doomed to become more like Russia. Run by strong man assholes and corporatists.
Rancid wrote:Maybe, but I still see republicans winning. Their propaganda machine and psychological warfare is top notch, and democrats a bunch of fucking morons that think they can win on policy.

Well I see the Republicans doing well (in 2022) given Biden hasn't really addressed the concerns that matter. Perhaps he was dealt a shit hand with the pandemic, but he is in power and will get the blame. I don't think whatever happens is going to sway the partisan vote, but the undecided vote I might add. Anyway, poll has it the Republicans stealing away the Latino vote. That is an indicator what we can expect next year.

As for 2024, if Trump is the candidate, Biden smashes it out the park. Anyone but Trump, he's packing. Early days for a prediction I know, but that's what my gut says and it's never wrong. :p
B0ycey wrote:
Well I see the Republicans doing well (in 2022) given Biden hasn't really addressed the concerns that matter. Perhaps he was dealt a shit hand with the pandemic, but he is in power and will get the blame. I don't think whatever happens is going to sway the partisan vote, but the undecided vote I might add. Anyway, poll has it the Republicans stealing away the Latino vote. That is an indicator what we can expect next year.

As for 2024, if Trump is the candidate, Biden smashes it out the park. Anyone but Trump, he's packing. Early days for a prediction I know, but that's what my gut says and it's never wrong. :p

I hope Trump simply dies before 2024. His fat unhealthy face means it's a possiblity.

As for Republicans stealing the Latino vote. Not surprised and believe it. Mainly because Latinos respond negatively to all the woke bullshit. For example, this weird Latinx shit, it's basically cultural imperialism. It's white liberals imposing their will on Latino culture. Latinos don't take kindly to that shit. The only Latinos that are ok with that are the Latino kids that grew up around white liberal kids. Which is probably still not a big number. Most Latinos are growing up in predominately Latino neighborhoods (like I did). When they get of voting age, they have not been influenced by dumb shit like LatinX.

Once again, this woke shit from the democrats, or rather their embrace of it, is a big part of what keeps Republicans in the game. It provides cracks for them to peel away votes despite that treacherous Trumpism that has taken hold in that spineless, gutless, and principleless party.

That's not to say democrats aren't spineless/gutless/principleless either, but Republicans lean harder on the facade of order, honor, principle, etc. Hence, they are bunch of bitches.

Both of these parties are such trash. That said, Republicans are still a bigger and insidious force at the moment given the Trumpism.
B0ycey wrote:

As for 2024, if Trump is the candidate, Biden smashes it out the park. Anyone but Trump, he's packing. Early days for a prediction I know, but that's what my gut says and it's never wrong.

That's not far from my take.

Trump loses to anybody, even a cab driver from Staten Island. Biden will be dragging baggage. Presidential elections are usually a referendum on the status quo. If you aren't happy, you vote for the other guy. Not me, mind you, I never, ever, ever vote Republican.

Assuming Biden doesn't run, Dems have a weak field. But the situation is worse for Republicans, they've lost the conservatives, for the most part. I see Hawley as a potential candidate, and it wouldn't be hard to nail him for supporting the traitors.

But it gets complicated fast, for example with Kammy running against Hawley. Hawley gets the misogynist vote, and some of those are Dems. Some women aren't comfortable voting for a woman president.

Having watched about a dozen presidential campaigns, they can get weird. Who predicted Obama would win, a year earlier? Nobody. Don't get me wrong, I love Obama, I'd like to vote him in again, assuming it was legal.

Which is, I suppose, my point. This is going to be so far beyond weird; weird is going to look safe and even quaint. That election is going to be insane.
Rancid wrote:Disagree. The republican strategy is about painting democrats as communists that want to turn the US into the USSR. This is purely a domestic thing.

Russia = friends of Trump
China = the few areas there is some common ground between Republicans/DEmocrats.

Basically, this is mostly a domestic generated problem.

Most democrats are commies. They want equal outcomes regardless of effort and they don't believe in private property rights.

Look at the communist manifesto and Bernie Sanders agenda agreed to in 2020 with the democrat platform committee (the Bernie-Biden "manifesto") and they are pretty much the same.

BTW, changing the language on progressive issues is bullshit. There's no such thing as "human infrastructure". The DNC and progressives are liars, cheats and economically illiterate fools.

Don't like it? Too bad.
BlutoSays wrote:Most democrats are commies. They want equal outcomes regardless of effort and they don't believe in private property rights.

Look at the communist manifesto and Bernie Sanders agenda agreed to in 2020 with the democrat platform committee (the Bernie-Biden "manifesto") and they are pretty much the same.

BTW, changing the language on progressive issues is bullshit. There's no such thing as "human infrastructure". The DNC and progressives are liars, cheats and economically illiterate fools.

Don't like it? Too bad.

LOL
This is nonsense beyond belief.
Haha the title of this thread is funny. Coherence does not mean squat. Which matters more, excellent speaking skills or leadership skills? Trump was not known for his stellar speaking skills by the way. The only thing Trump was good at was cheating people and tax evasion.

I believe that Biden is trying hard to lead the US in a difficult time. We are in a pandemic and he must be feeling a lot of stress and pressure to make decisions. He carries the burden of millions of Americans. If he cracks a bit under pressure, it's understandable. How would you feel if you had so much on your plate?

Even if Biden was a excellent public speaker, what then? His job is to lead the country not give a lot of moving, expressive speeches. He was not elected to be an orator. :roll:

If you want an orator, maybe go watch a theatrical production.
BlutoSays wrote:
There ya go.

In communism, government owns the property, and the economy is run by the government. In the USSR, they also had internal travel controls, and the ruble could only be used to buy Russian things, it was what is called nonconvertible.

Here. the government doesn't own most property, the economy is not run by the government, you can go anywhere you want, and our currency is extremely convertible. Meaning you can buy Champagne from Champagne, etc, etc.

You clearly know c**k all.
Rancid wrote:Are Bluto and Arthutandy the same person?

:lol:
Either that, or the mind of a Trump supporter is too tiny that it is hard to tell them apart. Frankly, I couldn't tell my goldfish apart from each other if they were posting stuff on the internet.
late wrote:In communism, government owns the property, and the economy is run by the government. In the USSR, they also had internal travel controls, and the ruble could only be used to buy Russian things, it was what is called nonconvertible.

Here. the government doesn't own most property, the economy is not run by the government, you can go anywhere you want, and our currency is extremely convertible. Meaning you can buy Champagne from Champagne, etc, etc.

You clearly know c**k all.

And look at the DIRECTION the Democratic National Committee and the Democrat leadership attempts to take us in every chance they get.
BlutoSays wrote:And look at the DIRECTION the Democratic National Committee and the Democrat leadership attempts to take us in every chance they get.

I am unsure if you are truly this dense, or if you are playing a character that is a caricature of a dumb republican. Genuinely confused. :?:
late wrote:That's not far from my take.

Trump loses to anybody, even a cab driver from Staten Island. Biden will be dragging baggage. Presidential elections are usually a referendum on the status quo. If you aren't happy, you vote for the other guy. Not me, mind you, I never, ever, ever vote Republican.

Assuming Biden doesn't run, Dems have a weak field. But the situation is worse for Republicans, they've lost the conservatives, for the most part. I see Hawley as a potential candidate, and it wouldn't be hard to nail him for supporting the traitors.

But it gets complicated fast, for example with Kammy running against Hawley. Hawley gets the misogynist vote, and some of those are Dems. Some women aren't comfortable voting for a woman president.

Having watched about a dozen presidential campaigns, they can get weird. Who predicted Obama would win, a year earlier? Nobody. Don't get me wrong, I love Obama, I'd like to vote him in again, assuming it was legal.

Which is, I suppose, my point. This is going to be so far beyond weird; weird is going to look safe and even quaint. That election is going to be insane.

In 2024 Donald Trump will be 78 years old. Two years later, he will be 80. I doubt he will run for Pres. If I had his money and all the responsibility he has in running a giant corporation at that age, I would start taking life easy. He gets alot of flak from the Dumbocrats and the damn media. Enough is enough.
XogGyux wrote::lol:
Either that, or the mind of a Trump supporter is too tiny that it is hard to tell them apart. Frankly, I couldn't tell my goldfish apart from each other if they were posting stuff on the internet.

Holy horsefeathers! I just found out that Ludwig von Beethoven's impersonator disapproves of me. That's terribly disappointing. Rats! I thought Ludwig was dead.

His double has a dead brain. I am sure of that.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]