Michael Cohen: Trump WILL be indicted - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
wat0n wrote:
@ckaihatsu I fully understand. You are the one who isn't understanding, it would be a great precedent for people like Trump to end up in jail because their associates ratted them out.

And I'm saying you're *lowballing*, even to the point of arguably *covering* for the right-wing insurrectionists and their supporters, and/or the fascists. It turns out to be a rather large family, doesn't it -- ?
ckaihatsu wrote:And I'm saying you're *lowballing*, even to the point of arguably *covering* for the right-wing insurrectionists and their supporters, and/or the fascists. It turns out to be a rather large family, doesn't it -- ?

I know that as a Marxist you get hard by thinking about sending people to gulags, but the precedent that if you attempt to pull something like election fraud will get your associates to rat you out would be an excellent one. I want these people to defect, and I want politicians to think it thrice before even attempting to commit fraud.
wat0n wrote:
I know that as a Marxist you get hard by thinking about sending people to gulags, but the precedent that if you attempt to pull something like election fraud will get your associates to rat you out would be an excellent one. I want these people to defect, and I want politicians to think it thrice before even attempting to commit fraud.

Love the rep, but that doesn't work for the long-term, f.y.i. -- it's only for the interim. My motto is 'Don't be a counterrevolutionary.'

Ultimately there's no state, statist.
wat0n wrote:
[T]he precedent that if you attempt to pull something like election fraud will get your associates to rat you out would be an excellent one. I want these people to defect, and I want politicians to think it thrice before even attempting to commit fraud.

Since the committee was formed last year, it has held one public hearing and repeatedly delayed any further hearings. It has refused to subpoena any Republican lawmakers involved in the coup. Since a federal judge ruled last month that it was “more likely than not” that Trump “attempted to obstruct the Joint Session of Congress” held to certify the election result, which is a felony, the committee has flip-flopped on sending a criminal referral to Attorney General Merrick Garland.

As of this writing, no hearings or business meetings are listed on the committee’s website.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2022/0 ... v-a23.html
wat0n wrote:I don't know about timetables, but the NY AG is in fact gathering evidence of some tax crimes by Trump.

Donald Trump is a person of such habitual criminality that he will probably eventually be convicted of something. There is, after all, so much to pick and choose from….
ckaihatsu wrote:Why go soft on the *charges*, though -- ?

Legally speaking, I think this is more of a *racketeering* (RICO) kind of case.

It's possible, but soft charges makes conviction more likely, and a conviction removes him from the presidency.

Then I'm sure the next targets will be his associates, and many may prefer to defect and rat him out on more serious stuff.
wat0n wrote:
It's possible, but soft charges makes conviction more likely, and a conviction removes him from the presidency.

Then I'm sure the next targets will be his associates, and many may prefer to defect and rat him out on more serious stuff.

Ehhhhhh, ultimately it's a *bourgeois-internal* problem, so I think I'll stay on *this* side of the sinkhole.

Fulton DA faces biggest decision of career as Trump grand jury looms

When the special grand jury finishes its investigation, it will recommend whether Willis should proceed to the next step. That will set the stage for perhaps the most consequential decision of her career: whether to pursue criminal charges against Trump. In the two and a half centuries since the United States was founded, no sitting or ex-president has ever been charged with a crime.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/fulton-da- ... ZJSHL5CCU/

https://twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/1783892350244[…]

@FiveofSwords " Franz [B]oas " Are […]

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/178385974554[…]

Like all the fake messiahs of commercial media, M[…]