Three men who chased Arbery sentenced to life in prison - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Fasces wrote:You're asking me if I think people have a right to stalk and harass other people in public while carrying a deadly weapon?

No, they don't.

The killers literally drove themselves insane by watching endless hours of Ring camera footage and shit on Nextdoor, which is Facebook but for people who want to endlessly harp about every perceived possible crime in your neighborhood. Lmao.

Top Ten Post: "Is this bird that landed on my Amazon package trying to steal it???"

Puffer Fish wrote:The fact that the three were not arrested by authorities until over 2 months after the incident indicates that this was not initially seen by police as an obvious murder.

Lmao you really need to look into the story of how this actually got prosecuted. An obvious murder was ignored by the police, then passed to another prosecutor, and then a third prosecutor didn't do shit until one of the murderers posted a video of them killing Arbery because they thought it made them look good.

Had this been three non-white men running down and murdering a white person it would have been prosecuted within seconds of it coming to the attention of authorities. It is the most white privilege shit ever.
Puffer Fish wrote:Let's not use loaded words or get into a semantics argument.

Is "stalk and harass" pretty much equivalent for you to "follow and pursue", yes or no?

Did these men have a legal right to be able to follow and try to keep an eye on a suspect's location until police could arrive, if there would have been a justifiable reason for police to stop the suspect?

Here's something else to consider: Travis claims to have seen someone who matched the profile of Arbery before in the construction site, but Travis did not approach because Travis was unarmed at the time and he says the suspect reached for their waist as if the suspect might have a gun. Travis called this incident in to the police, 11 days before the chase and shooting incident.

Hunt and Kill is more accurate. This was a straight up Lynching.
The guy who took the cell phone video doesn't deserve life in prison, he gave it to his lawyer thinking it would exonerate him because he didn't do anything but they nailed him as an accomplice because of anti-racist hysteria. The other two deserve something since all he did was enter a construction site without permission.
Wulfschilde wrote:The guy who took the cell phone video doesn't deserve life in prison, he gave it to his lawyer thinking it would exonerate him because he didn't do anything but they nailed him as an accomplice because of anti-racist hysteria. The other two deserve something since all he did was enter a construction site without permission.

The existence of the video shows that the defendant had knowledge of the crime and did not report it to the authorities, effectively making the defendant an accomplice to the crime.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The existence of the video shows that the defendant had knowledge of the crime and did not report it to the authorities, effectively making the defendant an accomplice to the crime.

Well, I have no idea about that. I was really close to an accident where I was speeding on the freeway in my muscle car and the SUV behind be couldn't eat my dust or something and crashed into another car. I live in a red state though, so I called the cops and was like "AITA" and they were like no you're good.

Who needs a wall? We have all those land mines ju[…]

Puffer Fish, as a senior (and olde) member of this[…]

1 The great settlement withdrawal that Israelis […]

As someone that pays very close attention to Amer[…]