The Swamp's Revisionist history. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
So I am watching the news and see an announcement/preview of an interview of William Barr about how he was such a nice hero when the Trump's blackmail Ukraine Scandal broke out. It is unbelievable disgusting how these corrupt assholes get away with sucking up to power (trump), getting rich out of it (selling books) and then trying to reframe their whole ordeal as an attempt to bring reason to crazy people. This is unacceptable.
Oh how I miss Trump's corruption. You're probably right if Trump was President he'd only defend Ukraine, if Zelensky give him something in return. But I'd rather have Trump's corrupt defence of Ukraine over Biden's virtuous, honest and principled surrender any day.
Barr was pulling this shit when he was in office. The thing is that it was not Trumps malfeasance in office that many were shouting about it was his own.

No doubt he knows that Trump of imminently vulnerable and it trying to build a wall around himself. Typical of crooked politicians. He is subject to many ethics complaints that are ongoing. He does not appear to have any sense of shame.
Rich wrote:Oh how I miss Trump's corruption. You're probably right if Trump was President he'd only defend Ukraine, if Zelensky give him something in return. But I'd rather have Trump's corrupt defence of Ukraine over Biden's virtuous, honest and principled surrender any day.

I might regret this, but let's do it anyway. Why? Just because one guy has a (D) and the other an (R)? Would you be such a person that would completely ignore what is objectively true and merely be tricked into going partisan no matter how idiotic the offer is? That's a rhetoric question, we know the answer, but we also have seen the results so I can only hope for a little more composure next time.
Trump could have as easily run as a (D). He didn't stand for anything other than himself.
XogGyux wrote:I might regret this, but let's do it anyway. Why? Just because one guy has a (D) and the other an (R)? Would you be such a person that would completely ignore what is objectively true and merely be tricked into going partisan no matter how idiotic the offer is? That's a rhetoric question, we know the answer, but we also have seen the results so I can only hope for a little more composure next time.
Trump could have as easily run as a (D). He didn't stand for anything other than himself.

This is a really good point. Trump is an actor. His posturing for Republicans as the Mussolini like man-child is really just an act. He could just as well have played Mr. Democrat. Indeed, at one time he was one.
XogGyux wrote:Trump could have as easily run as a (D). He didn't stand for anything other than himself.

He could have run, but he wouldn't have won. I could be wrong but I'm sceptical the Democratic Party would even just roll over for Oprah if she decided to run, they would never have elected Trump as their candidate.

No, ethnicity is cultural. Race is biological. A […]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]