Republicans Offer A Master Class In Extremism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I think this opinion piece hits the nail on the head:

Dean Obeidallah of CNN wrote:Some leading Republicans gave Americans a master class on extremism this past week by repeatedly reminding us about the threat they pose to our freedoms and our democracy.

Examples of this extremism run the gamut: From two majority-Republican states imposing draconian abortion bans, to voters picking an election denier to be New Hampshire’s GOP nominee for the US Senate, to GOP governors cruelly treating Latino human beings as anything but, to former President Donald Trump’s ominous warning about “big problems” the country will face if he is indicted.

In all those ways and more, over the past seven days, the country has witnessed a parade of Republican fanaticism.

After imposing new bans on practically all abortions, Republicans in Indiana and West Virginia are saying that a woman’s uterus effectively becomes the property of the state from the moment of conception – except in a few exceptional circumstances. For instance, under the West Virginia law that went into effect Friday, a woman seeking to terminate a pregnancy after being raped is permitted to obtain an abortion within the first eight weeks – but only if she reports the rape to the police within 48 hours of the scheduled procedure.

Meanwhile, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott are trying to one-up each other with their callous shuttling of Latino migrants to distant blue state locales to score political points. While volunteers awaited the arrival from Texas of migrants at Washington, D.C.’s main bus station, Abbott’s team, with no advance warning, sent the bus to a location near Vice President Kamala Harris’ residence.

Not to be outdone in the cruelty Olympics, DeSantis chartered two planes to transport Latino migrants from Texas, with at least some migrants saying they were deceived that they were being flown to Boston, where they would be able to obtain work and housing. Instead, they were dropped off miles away from that city on Martha’s Vineyard, an island off the Massachusetts coast and popular vacation destination for thousands of people each summer.

If either Abbott or DeSantis viewed these Latino men, women and children as human beings, they would have given a heads-up to local authorities so they could be there to meet the migrants. But today’s GOP is about celebrating cruelty.

Then there was Trump, whom many GOP voters hope will be their 2024 White House nominee, saying ominously during a radio interview Thursday that, if he is charged with any crimes over keeping classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago home after leaving the White House, “I think you’d have problems in this country the likes of which perhaps we’ve never seen before.”

Before January 6, 2021, that type of language could be dismissed as over-the-top rhetoric. But after the attack waged by Trump supporters that day to “Stop the Steal,” including the rampage that saw hundreds of people overrun the US Capitol, his reckless words could agitate his base to avenge him if he’s prosecuted.

In a separate but equally ominous message, Trump on Tuesday appeared openly to embrace the dangerous conspiratorial movement QAnon by reposting on social media an image of himself wearing a Q lapel pin overlaid with the words “The Storm is Coming.” For QAnon adherents, “The Storm” is coded language for a time when Trump will regain power and his opponents will be punished, and even potentially executed.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/18/opinions ... index.html
BlutoSays wrote:
ITT, democrats complain about everyone else being "extreme" and a freedom to "democracy" :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHM73eJCa7k

https:// www.youtube.com/shorts/sCqEqZOSxjI

https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYAe6-JIT6s

https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRC9Iuy4gPQ

https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHTsZ3VEcAc

https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJCDe7vdFfw

https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN2S3zgIb5o

If you're going to get into 'comparison mode' here, then let's also look at *why* BLM, and then the Trump coup day.

BLM was in response to cops killing George Floyd.

The coup attempt was to install *dictatorship*.

Little *different*, right -- ?

= /
ckaihatsu wrote:If you're going to get into 'comparison' mode here, then let's also look at *why* BLM, and then the Trump coup day.

BLM was in response to cops killing George Floyd.

The coup attempt was to install *dictatorship*.

Little *different*, right -- ?

= /

Why BLM did what? Because the main supporters of the democrat party (BLM, ANTIFA, DSA and other shit heads) constantly work to loot the country by theft.

The coup took place when the DNC through Perkins Coie and Marc Elais changed election laws with judges and Secretaries of State which is EXPRESSLY forbidden by the U.S. Constitution.

There was no coup other than that one, motherfucker.

ARTICLE I , Section 4, Clause 1 - the Elections Clause.
BlutoSays wrote:
Why? Because the main supporters of the democrat party (BLM, ANTIFA, DSA and other shit heads) constantly work to loot the country by theft.

The coup took place when the DNC through Perkins Coie and Marc Elais changed election laws with judges and Secretaries of State which is EXPRESSLY forbidden by the U.S. Constitution.

There was no coup other than that one, motherfucker.

ARTICLE I , Section 4, Clause 1 - the Elections Clause.

I'll borrow from *you* -- I don't GAF because it's all ultimately *internal*, and I'm not going to turn myself into an electoral ping-pong ball.

Just how-fucked are things when *national security* happens to have the correct line, that Trump was irresponsible, versus *Trump*, one of the country's own *presidents* -- they're both in the *Executive Branch*.
ckaihatsu wrote:I'll borrow from *you* -- I don't GAF because it's all ultimately *internal*, and I'm not going to turn myself into an electoral ping-pong ball.

Just how-fucked are things when *national security* happens to have the correct line, that Trump was irresponsible, versus *Trump*, one of the country's own *presidents* -- they're both in the *Executive Branch*.

I know you don't GAF about the Constitution. When the time is right, you will.
BlutoSays wrote:
I know you don't GAF about the Constitution. When the time is right, you will.

Veiled *threats* -- lovely. Keep going....

Since we don't live 200 years ago in a military-genocidal plantation economy anymore, maybe we as a world society should *deal* with how to best use *industry*, 'cause the capitalist *market* system sure isn't cutting-it. (Don't get me *started* -- !)

Here's a tip -- not everyone experiences the same trance-like *reverie* that you do at every utterance of the word 'liberty'. (Kind of *embarrassing* now, right -- !)

labor credits framework for 'communist supply & demand'

Spoiler: show

https://web.archive.org/web/20201211050 ... ?p=2889338
Politics_Observer wrote:Examples of this extremism run the gamut: From two majority-Republican states imposing draconian abortion bans,

Should we also mention the Democrat states that have imposed extremist permissive abortion laws?

Clever laws that effectively make it possible for abortions up to the moment of birth and make it virtually impossible to prosecute anyone for abuse of the vague "health" exception loophole. Especially since the law allows low level workers to decide whether they think a "health" reason exists when they are unqualified to do so, no doctor required at any stage, no doctor to worry about losing their license.
Politics_Observer wrote:For instance, under the West Virginia law that went into effect Friday, a woman seeking to terminate a pregnancy after being raped is permitted to obtain an abortion within the first eight weeks – but only if she reports the rape to the police within 48 hours of the scheduled procedure.

This is "extreme"?
Sounds like she has plenty of opportunity to abort if there was a rape.
Politics_Observer wrote:Meanwhile, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott are trying to one-up each other with their callous shuttling of Latino migrants to distant blue state locales to score political points.

Childish antics, yes.

Florida officials said the migrants that were sent on planes to the Martha's Vineyard last week, which sparked a major backlash from Democrats, were "wandering the border" homeless in Texas before being intercepted by Florida to be given "a better life" in a sanctuary state.
"So the groups in Texas that we've identified, the majority if not all of the individuals that originated in Texas and ended up on the flight to Martha's Vineyard were indeed homeless, hungry, sleeping outside in parking lots," the officials said. "Many have been in a shelter at some point previously and had been kicked out, did not have a place to go, and essentially we're wandering homeless along the border."
The migrants were informed of their destination were given "multiple opportunities" to voluntarily take the trip or stay behind.

source: Migrants DeSantis sent to Martha's Vineyard were 'homeless,' 'hungry' before flight to island: FL officials, Jessica Chasmar, FOX News

don't forget how Democrat politicians and activist organizations were trying to overwhelm detention holding facilities with migrant children, even as conditions were getting overcrowded and bad. Basking in all the media coverage of how children were suffering under terrible conditions under Trump, Democrats in Congress were refusing to allocate more money for the facilities (finally relinquishing funds at the last moment). And then hoping the holding facilities would be so bursting at the seams that the migrants would have to be released into the interior of the U.S., judges preventing Trump from turning the migrants away due to the wording of federal law.

How the Left Uses Children as Pawns in Immigration Policy | The Heritage Foundation
https://www.heritage.org/immigration/co ... ion-policy

Biden administration bused and flew migrants around the country
Are Migrant Children Being Secretly Resettled Across the US? - Liberty Nation
https://www.libertynation.com/are-migra ... ss-the-us/

State of Texas not allowed to stop Biden from moving migrants into the country
Texas started trying to stop the Biden Administration from shipping migrants into the interior of the US, sending state troopers to stop transport vans carrying migrants.
A federal judge has ordered Texas not to stop the vans.
The Biden Administration says the migrant holding facilities would get too overcrowded if they did not transport the migrants to other "welcome centers" in other states, and that this would be unsafe because the crowded conditions could cause the virus to spread.
Texas claims that moving migrants from the border into the state of Texas and other places in the interior of the US could also cause the virus to spread.
Judge blocks Texas governor's order limiting immigrant transport, Politico, Josh Gerstein, 08/03/2021
Puffer Fish wrote:
Should we also mention the Democrat states that have imposed extremist permissive abortion laws?

Clever laws that effectively make it possible for abortions up to the moment of birth and make it virtually impossible to prosecute anyone for abuse of the vague "health" exception loophole. Especially since the law allows low level workers to decide whether they think a "health" reason exists when they are unqualified to do so, no doctor required at any stage, no doctor to worry about losing their license.

'Prosecute' -- you want to *criminalize* something here -- ?

You want all doctors to be *political appointments* -- (!)
Fasces wrote:

In that event, Trump went full on Q anon.

He played Q music, spoke the gibbering nonsense they speak. He's also doing messages like Storm is Coming, which is Q speak for massive amounts of violence.

Bluto may be an idiot, but he's right about one thing. They are going to get violent.

The FBI has tried to become more professional since the death of J Edgar. But I bet they still have their banzai mode, for when things get serious. The American Right has never seen it, it's always been for the Left. I think that's about to change.

That'll give the Karens something real to whine about...
The thing that gets me, is the DeSantis and Abbot as well as Republicans bitch about a labor shortage but are all too happy to send migratns or so called "illegals" to other states, when the business in their own fucking states need workers! What the fuck over? What the hell are they doing sending migrants to other states when the businesses in their states have a worker shortage and desperately need workers? https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/2022/09/26/desantis-florida-businesses-workers-asylum-seekers-yurkevich-new-day-vpx.cnnbusiness/video/playlists/business-news/ Plus, these immigrant workers help to reduce inflation, which inflation is a problem right now.
Politics_Observer wrote:
The thing that gets me, is the DeSantis and Abbot as well as Republicans bitch about a labor shortage but are all too happy to send migratns or so called "illegals" to other states, when the business in their own fucking states need workers! What the fuck over? What the hell are they doing sending migrants to other states when the businesses in their states have a worker shortage and desperately need workers? https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/2022/09/26/desantis-florida-businesses-workers-asylum-seekers-yurkevich-new-day-vpx.cnnbusiness/video/playlists/business-news/ Plus, these immigrant workers help to reduce inflation, which inflation is a problem right now.

Owning-the-libs. Rinse. Repeat.

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/1781137192[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Desantis made it illegal for cities in Florida to […]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Honestly I think you should give up on hoping to […]