Hurricane Ian is a warning. If you have lost everything, my advice is move somewhere else. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
If where you live is destroyed, and it will take years to get back to normal, then with sea level rise and more bad hurricanes, it makes sense to take the insurance money and move somewhere else.

Maybe some of your family and friends can agree on a town/city to move to.

Why rebuild in FL, only to lose it all again? And, then again.

Steve_American wrote:If where you live is destroyed, and it will take years to get back to normal, then with sea level rise and more bad hurricanes, it makes sense to take the insurance money and move somewhere else.

Maybe some of your family and friends can agree on a town/city to move to.

Why rebuild in FL, only to lose it all again? And, then again.

Yeah, move out of FL because of hurricanes, from Hawaii because of eruptions, from Japan because of earthquakes, from California due to wildfires, from nevada due to droughts, from Boston due to blizzards and from France due to heatwaves. The whole world is trying to kill us, that's how it is, that is how it has always been. That being said, we are perfecting the methods for self-anihilation so perhaps we can do it before the world succeeds... or perhaps a meteor will just crash in our face or aliens will invade to probe our colons. I wouldn't move out of FL because of hurricanes, I would move out of Florida because there are a bunch of Floridians there :p. That being said.... global warming is real, we need to stop helping the world kill us.
XogGyux wrote:Yeah, move out of FL because of hurricanes, from Hawaii because of eruptions, from Japan because of earthquakes, from California due to wildfires, from nevada due to droughts, from Boston due to blizzards and from France due to heatwaves. The whole world is trying to kill us, that's how it is, that is how it has always been.

@XogGyux: You are correct, sir.

The Medea Hypothesis

The existence of cancer strongly suggests that multicellularity is a fundamentally unnatural state of affairs. Our body’s cells are constantly trying to revert to unicellularity.

That being said, we are perfecting the methods for self-anihilation so perhaps we can do it before the world succeeds... or perhaps a meteor will just crash in our face or aliens will invade to probe our colons. I wouldn't move out of FL because of hurricanes, I would move out of Florida because there are a bunch of Floridians there :p. That being said.... global warming is real, we need to stop helping the world kill us.

Perhaps we are genetically programmed to help the world kill us…. :eek:
XogGyux wrote:Yeah, move out of FL because of hurricanes, from Hawaii because of eruptions, from Japan because of earthquakes, from California due to wildfires, from nevada due to droughts, from Boston due to blizzards and from France due to heatwaves. The whole world is trying to kill us, that's how it is, that is how it has always been. That being said, we are perfecting the methods for self-anihilation so perhaps we can do it before the world succeeds... or perhaps a meteor will just crash in our face or aliens will invade to probe our colons. I wouldn't move out of FL because of hurricanes, I would move out of Florida because there are a bunch of Floridians there :p. That being said.... global warming is real, we need to stop helping the world kill us.

IF I understand you, you would leave FL because of crazy people there. OK.
I can add that to my list of reasons.
However, for the rest of you, why stay there and rebuild a destroyed town?
Only to see it destroyed again in 10 to 20 years.
Also, by 2090, half of FL will be under sea level.[I'm predicting that the tipping points we have already tipped will accelerate the heating. The IPCC predictions are very conservative and so they will be very wrong.]

People should leave the US SW because of droughts that are never going to end. They may get less bad, but compare to pre 20208's climate there will be few if any years that would not have been called a drought back then, ever again. This is the new normal, and the new normal includes it getting worse every decade.

Hawaii has only 1 island with volcanoes and it is not going to get worse because of ACC.
Calif. also, has earthquakes.
People in Japan mostly have to stay there, but Americans can move to a different state and stay in the US.

Steve_American wrote:IF I understand you, you would leave FL because of crazy people there. OK.
I can add that to my list of reasons.
However, for the rest of you, why stay there and rebuild a destroyed town?
Only to see it destroyed again in 10 to 20 years.
Also, by 2090, half of FL will be under sea level.[I'm predicting that the tipping points we have already tipped will accelerate the heating. The IPCC predictions are very conservative and so they will be very wrong.]

People should leave the US SW because of droughts that are never going to end. They may get less bad, but compare to pre 20208's climate there will be few if any years that would not have been called a drought back then, ever again. This is the new normal, and the new normal includes it getting worse every decade.

Hawaii has only 1 island with volcanoes and it is not going to get worse because of ACC.
Calif. also, has earthquakes.
People in Japan mostly have to stay there, but Americans can move to a different state and stay in the US.

You are right, maybe it is time to invest on real state in north dakota which is going to become a tropical paradise or on kentuky that will have some beautiful coastline =)
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So the new aid package has given Joe Biden some le[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Glad you are so empathetic and self-critical and […]

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]