Jon Stewart discusses war with General David Patreaus - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I was fascinated by General David Patreaus answers to Stewart's insightful questions:

I can't believe Jon Stewart a comedian and just an artistic person really has gotten the best interviews and can come up with really interesting takes on the important political topics of our times. He took up the mantle of war veterans suffering from the problems of burn pits and how that affects soldiers and civilians too.

I saw a tremendous disconnect between what Stewart was telling Petraeus about the burn pits and the abandonment of Afghanistan and Iraq to the tender mercies of the Taliban and chaotic civil wars in Iraq. The nation-building never happened. Why?

The truth is none of those wars are about nation-building and making them mini Western Liberal style democracies. It is about some sort of geo-political control of the world and its resources and to hell with the civvies living there.

You can't build nations from the outside. For example, let us say China becomes the next superpower. And over time they think the US government is not controlling gun problems well. What do they think? The USA is doing a bad job of gun control. The mass shootings are too much. They need to be like we are, have tough gun control, and deny guns to the people in the USA especially the crazies and the youth and criminals. They fail at that big time. I think we should intervene, and go in there and teach them how to do it. But first, we got to set up some bases, and send our troops in to bring 'stability'. They then realize the American government does not want their interventions. They then say, 'the Americans got a problem with corruption from the NRA and other pro-gun people. It is our duty as Chinese citizens who are experts on safety and gun control to bring this ignorant nation some enlightenment.' They go in there. Set up the bases with the Chinese military and go and speed around in vehicles patrolling the neighborhoods like Cabrini Green in Chicago or East Los Angeles, etc with the Chinese military. They then eventually have to leave but before they leave? They make sure the economy is broken, the people who live in those places are in chaos and they got dirty military pits all over the place that destroy their health for years to come. Will the Americans like the Chinese interventions? YES OR NO?

How much bullshit is peddled in regard to these wars? Latin America everyone agrees is total bullshit intervention with zero justifications. It is not even half as legit as Afghanistan was. But everyone is brainwashed with this bullshit American democracy ideal. They can't even get the Puerto Ricans on the island the right to vote, yet they want to go to Afghanistan and teach the Taliban how to do democracy right?

Do you see HOW BAD that SOUNDS?

an era when Europeans were more educated and inte[…]

I was quite explicit that the words are not by the[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

We were once wild before wheat and other grains do[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Israeli government could have simply told UNRW[…]