Who can win the Republican nomination in 2024? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
For me, I call myself Libertarian/Conservative. Without having to explain myself, I would refer to anyone to videos of Ron Paul in the debates when he ran for President. That’s basically me.

So that out of the way, the candidates in 2024….

Donald Trump. In many ways I love Trump. I love him mostly because Trump had no problem calling out people I don’t like. He threw so much shade at Hillary Clinton. My favorite “Hillary Clinton is a BIGOT!” I died laughing when I first saw that, so much I had to watch it five more times for my amusement.

The “fake news” for one, I really don’t like the way news is now, it is extremely partisan and most of them hate Trump. Then you have FOX who basically kissed his feet for ratings and because most of their viewers support him.

Problems with Trump. He is under indictment in New York. If the indictment goes to trial, he will probably be convicted. Trump with his money and resources can put it off any trials for a long time if not indefinitely. If he ever was to go to trial, he will be convicted, it’s New York for one. Second, there is probably enough evidence to convict the guy! I am not saying Trump is a crook, but he has played loosely with legality for years.

The media against him has basically lied about him for years, with the whole Russian collusion thing for starters. I don’t know if we want four more years of a President out fighting with the press, while sending inane Twitter Messages in the middle of the night. The dude was entertaining to be sure.

The point is, do we want Trump who might be fighting state indictments for years from different states where he cannot shield or pardon himself if he was elected President.

Positives, things like the economy was running well before the “virus”. Unemployment was very low. His foreign policy wasn’t bad either, he demanded nations protected by the United States, many wealthy since they didn’t have to pony up for their own military to pay their fair share. Great!

But with the positives, Trump is nuts. Personally crazy.

Ron DeSantis. I just don’t care for this guy on many levels. He is to me a jerk. A jerk face. I think he has gotten too much into social issues and not enough on the governance of his state. The whole Disney thing for example. I actually agree with the bill he passed into law, which Disney was against, and DeSantis decided to just rip into Disney which is a major employer of the state for decades (albeit a poor employer in many respects, but lots of good jobs have come from Disney). DeSantis seems to be an even bigger troll at times than Trump. I think he could use his time more wisely on how to negotiate all the new people coming in and the price of housing and congestion of the state at large. The more DeSantis is on the National stage, the more he looks like he just isn’t ready for Prime Time. I can see him as President almost like a Nixon without the intelligence. The worst parts of Nixon of paranoia and vindictiveness.

Nikki Haley. I like her. I have not seen much of her positions or looked them up but she seems like a person of more common sense and doesn’t have the vindictiveness or the enemies of the above. She’s smart. She is capable. She also “checks the boxes” of equity being a woman and a minority.

Vivek Ramaswamy. Smart guy, but has an non English name and Indian Americans are a tiny minority in America. Seems sort of like DeSantis overly stuck on social issues.

I think maybe the nomination might go to someone who hasn’t thought to run yet.

Well, it turns out Palestinian propagandists just […]

It is not legitimate for protesters to harass stud[…]

Would be boring without it though. Yes, the oth[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you think US soldiers would conduct such suici[…]