All lies, all the time - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
late wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0qmvLm5nqI&t=364s

The Hunter Biden laptop thing is BS and lies from felons and propagandists.

People believe in the lies Late. That is the problem. Why do people believe in sheer shit? It baffles me sometimes.

How can you back a person like Trump or any of the establishment politicians either....Trump is a conman. He invented Trump University and bilked people out of money they invested into that fake organization in a classic scam. He did not pay workers and construction companies that worked on his hotels in Atlantic City. He has a long track record of bankruptcies and financial responsibilities and schemes. He was a racist slumlord, and he pads the information he gives to banks to get huge loans, and he engages in all kinds of lies to obtain advantages that others would be excluded from receiving if the banks knew about it fully.

He has never been held accountable for a damn thing because he is a white man with money, and from a wealthy father that bailed his spoiled ass out of trouble. He is like Bush jr in that sense. Rich daddies they have who have to bail them out of trouble with their mediocre grades and lack of ethics.

But people believe in them and vote for them. And it is not one or two percentages of voters. It is nearly half the nation. I interpret that as people in the USA being racist, ignorant and uninformed people who are believing in values that are racist, classist, scared, petty, and uneducated and also spiteful and brainwashed. Fascism is not far from that mentality. LEAVE the place before they come for you. I am not under some stupid illusion that the nation is color blind and accepting of Latin American Puerto Ricans or Black people and I am part of the rich and white club.

Leave if you have half a brain because in the future if things are threatened like the dumbass believers in American fascism get power via guns and violence, they will start with killing off the enemies. Those are Black people, Latino people, Asian people, Gay people, moderate liberals with questionable beliefs for a fascist asshole, and etc. Many keep going in denial. I was taught long ago....do not live in denial. It will get you killed. I learned that a long time ago.

People in Puerto Rico that were my fellow Puerto Ricans used to say they did not vote for independence because they were scared of the US Americans using violence against all of us. Killing us off for not wanting US rule. But the compromise is to just give up on self rule and be quiet. Never oppose the powerful nation from the North. Just let them have their way because they will make sure we have nice homes, running water that we can drink, infrastructure, credit cards, electricity and first world conditions. The trade off is worth it. Let them run our island and we live the American consumer lifestyle for that trade. Our argument as Puerto Ricans back then that were pro independence was? You think if you give up your independence and control of your own land to a foreign power that disrespects your rights profoundly they will keep their word to make your life wealthy and comfortable and easy?

They will never care. They will take and take until you got an old electrical grid that is outdated and useless, overpriced imported products, low salaries, no real benefits, high unemployment, despair, they will tear down our universities, our schools, leave the roads without repair, overcharge for shitty products that even their own domestic consumers reject as defective, want us to drop our Spanish language and history and adopt a nothing culture that is decadent and amnesia prone, and they will take all the best of our land for themselves, the coffee fields, the citrus groves, the beach properties, the beautiful lands and leave the native people with NOTHING. Like they did to the Hawaiians pricing them out of their own homes. Forcing their culture on to yours and erasing everything of value.

Nothing is gained by giving up control of your own society. It just spells the beginning of the death of your culture. They did it to the Native Americans. They do not give a shit about who was there before them. They are killers. Do not trust them.

Who was right about that Late? PR now is without reliable electricity, contaminated water, no rooves being fixed, dead small businesses, sky high prices and so on without any real first world living going on.

The social contract is broken. We own nothing. Like the African American communities betrayed by the wealthy systems that never favor that community within the US either.

Why people believe the bullshit that is proven to be a lie of huge proportions I will never understand.

It is not like there is not real evidence of what the behavior of these imperial mentality people have done in the past. It is all predictable. But people got to believe in BULLSHIT.

I have no idea what it is. Fear of facing the pain of independence. You can't avoid it. All things in life of real worth require the pain and the sacrifice. Whether that is birthing a baby, paying for a home, keeping a job, getting a decent education, or keeping a relationship healthy and vibrant. All of it is WORK, PAIN and SACRIFICE. Nothing is easy and free.

To think that people do not understand that baffles me to this very day.
@Tainari88.

I think that a big part of "why?' is religion. Religion is drummed into your head before age 5. Everyone around you believes it.

Santa Clause is part of it. Kids think they need to believe it to get all the great toys. As they get older the problems with the story begin to dawn on them. How can Santa fly from Europe to America and deliver toys in both places in one night? This process causes your brain to grow the ability to believe things that you want to be true, even though all the evidence is that they are not true.

IMHO, MS Econ. is a lot like a religion. It isn't true, but one can't get its believers to change their mind. You prove some element to them, they either just disappear or grant that you might be right, but a month later they have reverted to their original belief.

You can see this in debates. The religious guy says something is true, The non-religious guy does an experiment on stage that proves that statement is not true. The next time the same 2 guys debate in the next city of their tour, the religious guy is back to making the same false claim. They have no shame.
Rancid wrote:At this point, I think anyone that supports Trump should be send to the looney bin.

You would fill up the maniacomios fast Rancid. Lol. They are going to follow that man till the end of the Republican party. They either take over via a coup and a forced move. Or they implode and so on. The problem as always are lies and sellouts.
By Godstud
Hunter Biden is a criminal as much, or moreso than Trump.

Hunter Biden will plead guilty in a deal that likely averts time behind bars in a tax and gun case

Hunter Biden, 53, will plead guilty to the misdemeanor tax offenses as part of an agreement made public Tuesday. The agreement will also avert prosecution on a felony charge of illegally possessing a firearm as a drug user, as long as he adheres to conditions agreed to in court.

The deal ends a long-running Justice Department investigation into the taxes and foreign business dealings of President Biden’s second son, who has acknowledged struggling with addiction following the 2015 death of his brother Beau Biden. It also averts a trial that would have generated days or weeks of distracting headlines for a White House that has strenuously sought to keep its distance from the Justice Department.

https://apnews.com/article/hunter-biden ... 985b99bc1c

So it turns out that he was a criminal, just not for what they said.
By wat0n
Godstud wrote:Hunter Biden is a criminal as much, or moreso than Trump.

Hunter Biden will plead guilty in a deal that likely averts time behind bars in a tax and gun case

Hunter Biden, 53, will plead guilty to the misdemeanor tax offenses as part of an agreement made public Tuesday. The agreement will also avert prosecution on a felony charge of illegally possessing a firearm as a drug user, as long as he adheres to conditions agreed to in court.

The deal ends a long-running Justice Department investigation into the taxes and foreign business dealings of President Biden’s second son, who has acknowledged struggling with addiction following the 2015 death of his brother Beau Biden. It also averts a trial that would have generated days or weeks of distracting headlines for a White House that has strenuously sought to keep its distance from the Justice Department.

https://apnews.com/article/hunter-biden ... 985b99bc1c

So it turns out that he was a criminal, just not for what they said.

Not for long, though. The NY case being currently tried involves at least some misdemeanors comparable to those committed by Hunter.
Godstud wrote:So it turns out that he was a criminal, just not for what they said.

Of course.

The really issue with these MAGA morons is basically that Hunter isn't in elected office. Unlike that asshole that tried to over throw the government.
By Rich
Rancid wrote:The really issue with these MAGA morons is basically that Hunter isn't in elected office. Unlike that asshole that tried to over throw the government.

I'm guessing the last refers to Donald Trunp, as opposed to say Victoria Nuland, who not merely attempted but succeeded in overthrowing an elected government. Donald Trump isn't in office either. The fundamental problem is the cretinous American system of first past the post and separately elected President. Itamar Ben-Gvir is in Israel's government but he is not leading Israel's government, as might well be under America's system. Its a system that makes a man President that most of the electorate don't want and most of the Republican party's politicians didn't want

Donald Trump is a genius. He's no great businessman, he's no great policy maker, but as a provocateur performance artist, he's the best. He's leveraged his considerable skills first as a celebrity property brand, then as a celebrity reality TV Star and then as a politician.
By late
Rich wrote:
as opposed to say Victoria Nuland, who not merely attempted but succeeded in overthrowing an elected government.

Putin had already undermined democracy. The revolt was about getting rid of Putin's puppet, and they didn't need much encouragement.

Abyssal ignorance is not a good look. Speaking of which, Trump is no genius. Before he became president, and expanded his ability to fail, he lost over a billion dollars.

Where he did make money was ripping people off, money laundering, and marketing. His father got him a really good lawyer, he would have wound up in jail a long, long time ago if it wasn't for him.
Rich wrote:Donald Trump isn't in office either.

He was in office when he tried to overthrow the government.

Fake electors plot
"find me the votes"
Inciting a riot

All while in office.
By Godstud
Question: What makes Biden's lies so palatable? Is it because he's so frail, confused, and unassuming?

The seven biggest lies Biden told this week
President Biden’s State of the Union address was full of lies and mistruths. They betray the desperation of a president with 38 percent job approval on the economy, 16 percent of the population better off than before he took office, and most of his own party wanting a different White House nominee in 2024.
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... this-week/

That is not to say that Trump is good. He's not. He's terrible. Get some perspective, however.
Godstud wrote:Question: What makes Biden's lies so palatable? Is it because he's so frail, confused, and unassuming?

The seven biggest lies Biden told this week
President Biden’s State of the Union address was full of lies and mistruths. They betray the desperation of a president with 38 percent job approval on the economy, 16 percent of the population better off than before he took office, and most of his own party wanting a different White House nominee in 2024.
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... this-week/

That is not to say that Trump is good. He's not. He's terrible. Get some perspective, however.

When it comes to the economy anything any president say's is basically a lie. Presidents have done this since the founding of the nation.

What makes these lie more palatable? They are not in service to the destruction of the nation and its democracy itself like Trump's lies.

Biden's lies are more run of the mill, basically. I'll take that over the erosion and overthrow of the government.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Of course, and I'm not talking about Hamas or the[…]

https://twitter.com/DSAWorkingMass/status/17842152[…]

Yes, try meditating ALONE in nature since people […]

I spent literal months researching on the many ac[…]