Biden Pressured AG to go after Trump, hypocrisy, double standards - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
History repeats itself....
"Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest?" is a quote attributed to Henry II of England that preceded the death of Thomas Becket, the Archbishop of Canterbury, in 1170.

https://englishhistory.net/middle-ages/ ... me-priest/

Joe Biden says he had no influence over Donald Trump's indictment | USA TODAY
In this white house press conference video, Biden insisted he had no influence over Trump's indictment.
"Because you notice I never once, not one single time, suggested the Justice Department what they should do or not do relative to bringing a charge or not bringing a charge. I'm honest."

"Currently presiding over the administration, President Joe Biden told close confidants that former President Donald Trump is a 'threat to democracy' and wants Attorney General Merrick Garland’s DOJ to prosecute him, according to two sources who spoke to The New York Times."

https://www.westernjournal.com/report-b ... ous-judge/

Many Democrat supporters are also posing the question, if Biden was so corrupt (as former Vice President), why didn't Trump (when President) get the DOJ to investigate?

But what they ignore is the blatant double standards. (almost Orwellian)

If Trump (during the time he was President) had tried putting direct pressure on the DOJ, even by just saying something like this to the AG, the media and Democrats would have totally characterized it as inappropriate, misuse of influence, "compromising the independence of the DOJ", corruption pressuring authorities to go after his political opponent, "fascism".
SpecialOlympian wrote:Maybe Trump shouldn't have done those crimes.

Maybe they were not crimes.

But as anyone in the legal profession can tell you, prosecuting lawyers are adept at being able to argue things are crimes that aren't, or stretch things to fit when they don't so obviously and indisputably fit into the category of a crime.

But if we carried out that discussion, I think it would be long and quickly send this thread off on a tangent.

SpecialOlympian wrote:Am I supposed to care that the guy in charge of the Executive portion of the federal government is doing his job and prosecuting criminals?

You of course are welcome to hold your own opinion about that. (I only ask that you be consistent and not hold double standards)
But be aware that many others would have viewed Trump as a dangerous fascist (well, even worse than they likely already thought of him) if the roles were reversed.

Maybe you don't remember everything the Trump-hating media was saying when Trump asked the Ukrainian president to look into Biden and his son?

You don't think there is hypocrisy in saying it's normal and fine for Biden to do something, but if Trump had done it the media would have convinced people it was corrupt and wrong?

(Actually, I think Trump may have tried to push an investigation but his own officials he had appointed refused to go along with it, because they had personal ethical standards, didn't think it was appropriate for pressure to come down from the top like that. So in any case, it never ended up happening. And Biden was just a former Vice President at that point and they probably figured there was not too much to gain politically, so it was not a priority. Until more than 3 years later, but by that point it would not have looked good to go after him)
Puffer Fish wrote:History repeats itself....
"Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest?" is a quote attributed to Henry II of England that preceded the death of Thomas Becket, the Archbishop of Canterbury, in 1170.

https://englishhistory.net/middle-ages/ ... me-priest/

Joe Biden says he had no influence over Donald Trump's indictment | USA TODAY
In this white house press conference video, Biden insisted he had no influence over Trump's indictment.
"Because you notice I never once, not one single time, suggested the Justice Department what they should do or not do relative to bringing a charge or not bringing a charge. I'm honest."

"Currently presiding over the administration, President Joe Biden told close confidants that former President Donald Trump is a 'threat to democracy' and wants Attorney General Merrick Garland’s DOJ to prosecute him, according to two sources who spoke to The New York Times."

https://www.westernjournal.com/report-b ... ous-judge/

Many Democrat supporters are also posing the question, if Biden was so corrupt (as former Vice President), why didn't Trump (when President) get the DOJ to investigate?

But what they ignore is the blatant double standards. (almost Orwellian)

If Trump (during the time he was President) had tried putting direct pressure on the DOJ, even by just saying something like this to the AG, the media and Democrats would have totally characterized it as inappropriate, misuse of influence, "compromising the independence of the DOJ", corruption pressuring authorities to go after his political opponent, "fascism".

You and I seem to rely on different sources. Mine told me that Trump did pressure the AG to go after some specific people, like certain election workers.

Maybe left Biden alone, because he knew he might lose the election, and the winning Dem would have a clear precedent that going after a leading possible candidate of the other party is now OK.
Puffer Fish wrote:But as anyone in the legal profession can tell you, prosecuting lawyers are adept at being able to argue things are crimes that aren't, or stretch things to fit when they don't so obviously and indisputably fit into the category of a crime.

Actually, Prosecutors are shit human beings who are notoriously lazy and settle out of court most of the time. They're fucking scum.

Also you're a notorious retard I didn't bother reading beyond this quote, which I also didn't read very thoroughly.
Fantastic news for those (few) who actually care about the rule of law in the United States. A special council has been appointed for Hunter Biden. Even to get this far is a quite a victory over the Liberal elite, who would almost anything to protect the Biden Mafiosi. :)
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The far left does not want another October 7. No […]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]

Watch what happens if you fly into Singapore with […]

Chimps are about six times stronger than the aver[…]