Joe Biden gives the 2024 State of the Union address [It's a barn burner] || Brian Tyler Cohen - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Joe Biden gives State of the Union address [It's a barn burner] || Brian Tyler Cohen

OMG, a moving speech, focused on helping Ukraine, on defending democracy form a domestic threat [aka Trump and almost every Repub elected official], on women's reproductive rights, and on how the Biden Admin. had guided the nation's recovery after the Covid pandemic to a record fast and record large economic recovery. Etc.

it looked like just one lonely Repub stood up a few times to clap during all of the speech. It looked like every single other Repub never stood to clap even one time.

Remove the [==] to view it.
https://www.you[==]tube.com/watch?v=yE_Jewmi5u4&list=TLPQMDcwMzIwMjRZ_sJ8PYRkCg&index=12

TL;DR, I'm not knocking Biden's speech, just this Brian Tyler Cohan character. Even though he makes many valid points consistently. I can't take that guy serious (Brian).

I'll need to find time to hear/see it, but I'm sure it's stuff we already know.

While I'm sure it was a speech that touched on all of the issues this nations faces, and how much of an existential threat Republicans are. However, I'd rather see a recap/commentary from someone other than Brian Tyler Cohen. He's too much of a "rah rah rah Democrats" type of person. He's the kind of guy that titles his videos "<random democrat or left leaning person> DESTROYS <random MAGA moron or Republican>!" When you watch the video, it's pretty standard shit.

Too click baiting and too "Everything is the most important always!". Basically, low dynamic range. When everything is the most important, then nothing is.
I agree with @Rancid. Brian Tyler Cohen is an insufferable little bitch. He projects his weakness onto the world and he acts like a feminine drama queen. I'm pretty sure he is homosexual which is unsurprising. He seems to have the mentality of a woman.

A better link to the speech is here: https://www.you[==]tube.com/watch?v=yE_Jewmi5u4&list=TLPQMDcwMzIwMjRZ_sJ8PYRkCg&index=12
The full unedited speech minus Tyler's cheerleading and girly commentary.
Steve_American wrote:Joe Biden gives State of the Union address [It's a barn burner] || Brian Tyler Cohen

OMG, a moving speech, focused on helping Ukraine,.

:lol: Another western politician with popularity in the toilet seeking to use war mongering against Russia, to rescue himself from the domestic front. We saw it with Boris Johnson and Zelensky at the start of the SMO, recently we saw it with Macron and now we're seeing it with Biden. What's so funny is how so many Ukraine cheer leaders are actually taken in by this nonsense. They actually believe think that blowhards like Boris Johnson, Macron and Biden will follow through on their macho talk. Macron's going to put French troops into Ukraine to fight Russia? Yeah right! :roll:
Scamp wrote:
If you want some reality read my post again very slowly, let reality sink in.

The number of immigrants coming in was going up during the Trump years. Trump slowed it down by breaking American and international law. Biden didn't want to do torture...

During the Clinton years, the Pentagon did several studies about mass migration. We knew this was coming, and a lot of it is happening because of things we did, like Climate Change and the Drug War.

You don't know what you're talking about, and you don't care. You're in it for the whine.
Rich wrote:
Another western politician with popularity in the toilet

seeking to use war mongering against Russia

to rescue himself from the domestic front.

Macron's going to put French troops into Ukraine to fight Russia? Yeah right!

Are you drunk?

Biden is a little behind Trump in the polls. Calling that "in the toilet" is just plain dumb.

Giving aid to a democracy under attack is not war mongering. Also dumb..

Most people support policies Democrats support. Just look at abortion...

The whole idea behind giving aid to Ukraine is to keep NATO troops out of the fight.
Scamp wrote:Did Biden mention the 10 million illegal invaders who he allowed into our country, some of which came right out of prisons?

Did you know that you are more likely to be assaulted/raped/robbed by an American citizen than an illegal immigrant?

That's not to say we shouldn't do something about stemming illegal immigration, but the point is, the fear baiting you fall for is what your rulers in the Republican party use to control you. Don't let them control you.
Rancid wrote:
Did you know that you are more likely to be assaulted/raped/robbed by an American citizen than an illegal immigrant?

That's not to say we shouldn't do something about stemming illegal immigration, but the point is, the fear baiting you fall for is what your rulers in the Republican party use to control you. Don't let them control you.

As a rule, people using BS are in it for the BS.
Rich wrote::lol: Another western politician with popularity in the toilet seeking to use war mongering against Russia, to rescue himself from the domestic front. We saw it with Boris Johnson and Zelensky at the start of the SMO, recently we saw it with Macron and now we're seeing it with Biden. What's so funny is how so many Ukraine cheer leaders are actually taken in by this nonsense. They actually believe think that blowhards like Boris Johnson, Macron and Biden will follow through on their macho talk. Macron's going to put French troops into Ukraine to fight Russia? Yeah right! :roll:

Peter Ziehan is in total agreement that Putin will invade NATO soon after he wins in Ukraine.

This is why all EU nation support Ukraine in this war.

Fear of Russian invasion is why Finland and Sweden rushed to join NATO.

If you don't support Ukraine, you have fallen for Russian disinformation. Or worse are a Russian supporter which makes you against US interests. Reagan would be appalled with you for your position.
Rich wrote: Macron's going to put French troops into Ukraine to fight Russia? Yeah right! :roll:

What you are not understanding is that whether or not France is truly willing to put troops in Ukraine is not important. The important part was that he didn't rule it out. The west has spent too much energy saying what they are not willing to do. This makes it easy for Putin to show up and do whatever he wants. In fact, he sees broadcasting what you will not do as weakness.

I think Macron did a good job, and in fact, the west in general should speak more vaguely, exactly as Putin does. Even vaguely insinuate that the west would use nukes at a moments notice (as he and his propaganda machine does). Tit for tat.

Thus, even if Macron is not willing to send troops to Ukraine, it's important that he doesn't say that.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is pleasurable to see US university students st[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 27, Saturday More women to do German war w[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

The bill proposed by Congress could easily be use[…]